And you thought global warming theory was B.S? This is even moreridiculous. Controlling gravity

Old April 19th 16, 10:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default And you thought global warming theory was B.S? This is even moreridiculous. Controlling gravity

I am looking at the space station footage of the Earth from space while knowing quite well it takes nothing to track the North polar point as is moves across the fully illuminated face of the Earth from March to September Equinox and parallel to the orbital plane -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7OO3qCfH9Y

The North and South Poles are windows in a surface rotation to the Sun and a signature of the Earth's orbital motion through space including the variations in orbital speed which accompany this observed surface rotation responsible for the distinct polar day/night cycle.

The North pole nor the Northern hemisphere does not tilt towards the Sun, what happens is the dual surface rotations combine to produce the observed seasons and the satellites with imaging equipment out there can't capture these dynamics soon enough.

Again, if the Polar day/night cycle and its rotational cause is not spectacular enough to gain momentum towards the use of modern imaging then nothing will.

Old April 20th 16, 01:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 8:14:25 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:
palsing wrote:
On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 12:46:22 PM UTC-7, Mike Collins wrote:

There's nothing but the obvious answer. The Irish Republic is Independent.
The Irish people I know object to he implication in "British Isles"that
they are subservient. I'm talking about real Irish here not the plastic
paddies you have in the USA. When I correctly answered "Shannon" the quiz
question "What is the longest river in the British Isles?" the Irish man on
my team and two Irish men on the opposing team objected saying it should be
the Severn (an English/Welsh river).
Many people who are British citizens have an Irish passport - that's often
because it's cheaper.

You seem to be as knowledgeable as anyone here concerning this group of
islands, so tell me, is this basically correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8mzWkuOxz8

In any case, it is entertaining :)

It's close enough but the vocabulary is still standard English. Real people
from these areas would use some dialect. It also completely missed Black
Country ( this is nothing to do with race), Manchester, Birmingham and
Geordie. The last two are particularly difficult for North Americans.

One would find similar variations within the Northeastern US and also within the Southeastern US.
Old April 20th 16, 01:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 10:23:39 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
We watch a lot of British television,

That figures.

and half the time she wants the subtitling turned on. She has a harder
time understanding the accents (especially some of the murkier ones)
than I do.

There does seem to be a universally understandable version of English that is spoken and understood by most native speakers of the language, even in the UK. Unfortunately not everyone uses it when required.

Old April 20th 16, 01:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 11:46:13 AM UTC-4, oriel36 wrote:

flatulence deleted

Any topic will eventually be swamped by people who are neither boys nor adults as the descent is to regional accents within a thread where some
hapless individual reasoned out the Irish are British due to a belief that the
'British Isles' exist.

You might recall that no one said that you were not Irish. The problem is that the UK needs an adjectival other than "British."

And the last time I checked, the "British Isles" do exist.
Old April 20th 16, 02:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:58:28 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 8:36:51 AM UTC-4, oriel36 wrote:
On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:14:12 PM UTC+1, wsne... wrote:
On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 7:59:16 AM UTC-4, oriel36 wrote:

Any responsible person will realize that this is nothing more than attention seeking...

Says the idiot whose voluminous nonsense in this group stands third only to peterson's and chrisbcritter's.

Odd that you, chrisbcritter (and, I suspect, peterson) are all of British origin. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Oh no, how could you, how terrible that you would call me British instead of Irish !!!!.

"British" refers to citizens of the UK and Ireland. Ireland is one of the British Isles, and Northern Ireland is part of the UK, therefore "British.."

People who are either English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh are all British, just as people who are either English, French, German, Italian, etc, are all European.

Hope that helps.

Turns out that the others are no better or worse than you are although the British citizen who argues that the Irish countryside, which is a geographical term, is part of the non existent 'British Isles' shades you in terms of an affliction.

I suggest you stick with the others where you will come to no harm as it is neither a boy nor an adult I am addressing but rather an overgrown attention seeker who reasons out that Irish citizens are British because of some idiotic academic attachment to the 'British Isles'.

Old April 20th 16, 02:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 9:01:53 AM UTC-4, oriel36 wrote:

Turns out that the others are no better or worse than you are although the
British citizen who argues that the Irish countryside, which is a geographical
term, is part of the non existent 'British Isles' shades you in terms of an
affliction.

I suggest you stick with the others where you will come to no harm as it is
neither a boy nor an adult I am addressing but rather an overgrown attention
seeker who reasons out that Irish citizens are British because of some idiotic
academic attachment to the 'British Isles'.

Can you give us a physical or cultural characteristic of Irish citizens that distinguishes them unambiguously from British subjects?

Old April 20th 16, 03:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

http://youtu.be/a0rgETg2Hoo

http://youtu.be/vb4MknMqwmA

http://youtu.be/yX8qgW8rGbw

Old April 20th 16, 04:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

http://youtu.be/a0rgETg2Hoo

http://youtu.be/vb4MknMqwmA

http://youtu.be/yX8qgW8rGbw

That is mostly slang and dialect.

I was speaking more about differences in pronunciation and poor enunciation.

Old April 20th 16, 05:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

[...]

Had you announced that in a pub in Dublin they would politely tell you to go away, if you announced it in certain places in Belfast you would be walking with a limp for the rest of your silly life.
Old April 20th 16, 05:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 12:07:21 PM UTC-4, oriel36 wrote:
if you announced it in certain places in Belfast you would be walking with
a limp for the rest of your silly life.

Incorrect.

Now, provide the answer to this, which you were told to answer earlier: