SETI Radio Program

Old August 20th 03, 04:26 AM
Steve Dufour

Default SETI Radio Program

I never knew about this till now but it sounds interesting:

http://www.seti-inst.edu/epo/seti_radio/Welcome.html
Old August 20th 03, 04:45 PM
Spread Eagle

(Steve Dufour) wrote in message . com...
I never knew about this till now but it sounds interesting:

http://www.seti-inst.edu/epo/seti_radio/Welcome.html

Where have you been? SETI has been a recurring theme on C2C for years
and years, actually from before the time Art took the show nationwide.
After hearing about them for so long, and listening to interviews of
their minions, like Seth Shostak last night, I've come to the
conclusion that, organizationally, they're just in it for the money.
Grants, federal funds, or sugar daddies like Paul Allen, wherever it
comes from and whatever they can get, they'll just gobble it all up.
A fraud exploiting a fraud.

Spread Eagle
Old August 22nd 03, 04:15 PM
Flywrite

Steve wrote...
I never knew about this till now but it sounds interesting:
http://www.seti-inst.edu/epo/seti_radio/Welcome.html

Eight archives are available via mp3 stream. Either it's a new service, or
they only archive the last eight shows.

For some reason, their mp3 streams open my RealPlayer instead of Winamp.
Checked all settings in both programs, double checked File Associations, and
I can't find any reason these mp3 streams aren't opening in Winamp.

Anyway, they're fun programs / interviews with astronomers. "Commercials"
are from telescope dealers, so even they are interesting.

-N-

---
..

Old September 3rd 03, 03:51 PM
Stratcat®

"Steve Dufour" wrote in message
om...
I never knew about this till now but it sounds interesting:

http://www.seti-inst.edu/epo/seti_radio/Welcome.html

FWIW

Monday's 5:30 - 6:00P PST, via an internet broadcast station.

http://www.kuci.org/schedule.shtml
--
Strat®

---