Smoke and Mirrors

Old September 22nd 03, 11:27 PM
PS Surfer

Default Smoke and Mirrors

Well, Finally got my 8" 750mm mirror mounted, and a scope built, more or
less(optics are mounted, but it is without a skin). I temporally mounted
it on a much to small tripod, but it was enough for me to see the moon and
Mars, and get somewhat of a feel for it. Before the tripod literally fell
apart (really, way to small for this scope) as I am part of the brotherhood
of the briar, I was enjoying some rum soaked Cavendish in a straight apple.
I puffed, as I was bent over the eyepiece, filling the scope and around my
head with blue smoke(well, I assume it was blue, when there is light at
least). The thought occurred, is the particulate matter in smoke
detrimental to mirrors, or is it no more than bothersome pollution, albeit
more than normal, as I am producing it right above it. Also I assume it
reduces some of the light gathering when it is present above the scope.

So really my question is more are there any of you pipe smokers, and what is
your experience of stargazing and enjoying a bowl?
--
P Sorah A_T Mutual Data PERIOD COM