ASTRO: Jones Emberson 1 (PK164+31.1) Planetary Nebula in [NII], Ha and [OIII]

Old February 10th 04, 04:06 PM
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: Jones Emberson 1 (PK164+31.1) Planetary Nebula in [NII], Ha and [OIII]

After I saw Al Kelly post an image of this object recently, I decided
I wanted to image it with emission line filters. I used Ha, [OIII]
and [NII] for this object.

When there's a full moon it is always fun to go after the dimmest
planetaries up there using emission line filters.

Sub exposures were 15 minutes binned 2x2. Each filter had 7 sub
exposures. The filters were all 3nm FWHM Custom Scientific. The
camera was an ST10XME, and the scope was an AP155EDF.

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/pk164_page.htm