The Speed of Dark (was - Milky Way rotates . . .)

Old February 12th 09, 01:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default The Speed of Dark (was - Milky Way rotates . . .)

DoubleA You are right the sky you see above you is cold,and heat goes
to cold. You are feeling an updraft. When as a kid lying on my back on
Powder on Hill (Chelsea) looking up at the bright stars they looked like
they were falling down on me.,or I was floating up to them. It made me
dizzy TreBert

Old February 12th 09, 02:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 12, 4:16*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
DoubleA *You are right the sky you see above you is cold,and heat goes
to cold. You are feeling an updraft. *When as a kid lying on my back on
Powder on Hill (Chelsea) looking up at the bright stars they looked like
they were falling down on me.,or I was floating up to them. It made me
dizzy * *TreBert

The planet Venus has been losing 20.5 w/m2 to space.

~ BG
Old February 12th 09, 07:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot[_2_] oldcoot[_2_] is offline
Banned

Back in the 1950s when hobby grade transistors first became available,
there was an interesting homebrew project involving a parabolic
reflector from a spotlight, and a thermistor in place of the lightbulb
(a thermistor is a variable resistor sensitive to heat, the IR
equivalent of a photocell). It was placed in focal point of the
reflector, exactly where the bulb would go to genreate a collimated
beam.
The thermistor was connected to a transistorized bridge
driving a zero-center meter (a meter whose needle stands straight up to
indicate 0, and then swings to either side to give positive or negative
readings. The meter was first zeroed with the "beam" reading ambient air
temperature. Then it was pointed at an object that was hotter than
ambient, and the needle swung right, indicating positive or "hot". Then
it was pointed at a bottle of cold Coke, and the needle swung left,
indicating negative or "cold". In giving the "cold" reading, the
thermistor was literally radiating IR, giving up heat to the bottle of
Coke through the collimated beam.

Old February 12th 09, 08:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 12, 10:57*am, (oldcoot) wrote:
[...]

Good old teleportation taking place, via thermal photon exchange of
energy.

Take away such thermal energy and you've got nothing, or perhaps less
than nothing.

How cold is a black hole? (-???K)

How cold is antimatter (positrons)? (-???K)

~ BG
Old February 12th 09, 09:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot[_2_] oldcoot[_2_] is offline
Banned

How cold is a black hole? (-???K)

Viewed from our frame or referance, a non-accreting BH has a blackbody
temperature of damn near absolute zero (depending upon the speculative
"Hawking radiation"). One could also call it a 'frozen EM blackbody' or
FEMBB. It's "frozen" since from our FoR, the clock rate appears to slow
to zero at the event horizon, and all EM radiation becomes infinitely
redshifted at the event horiizon. Yet strangely, the core mass still
communicates gravitationally with us 'out here' in our FoR just as it
did before collapse to the BH state (or FEMBB state).
So how does gravity manage to 'escape' the EH with no
apparent impediment whatsoever? Inquiring minds would like to know. :-)

Old February 13th 09, 12:12 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

oc If a BH has entropy,then it ought to have a temperature. still by
their definition black hole should not supposed to emit anything. So I
theorize a very fast spinning BH emits some radiation from its event
horizon along its equator ??? Possibly its mass density might fit in
??? I read the higher the mass the lower it would radiate(be colder)
My thought is BH gravity is so great its proving it can dislodge
particles from space just a trillion trillion an inch out side its event
horizon. This fits well with our thinking oc Well some where
Heisenberg's uncertainty principle must jump in this tiny space.Possible
I can throw in QM fluctuations (foam) in the tiny area??? Most
certainty my particles always in pairs theory can be used. No question
of that. The great BH gravity can annihilate particle pairs(oh Ya)
Well I know some of these thoughts fit. I also know I love the type
writer you sent me It even helps my grammar??? TreBert PS What if a
black hole is like a big positive particle,and all space energy is
negative,and they merge just that trillionth trillionth (Planck length)
outside the event horizon???

Old February 13th 09, 02:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot[_2_] oldcoot[_2_] is offline
Banned

Bert wrote,

What if a black hole is like a big positive
particle,and all space energy is
negative...

This has benn cussed and dis-cussed many times before, Bert. One of the
fundamental tenets of the CBB model is that a proton is a microscale
analog of a BH. By inferance then, a BH can be considered a
macro-proton. Electrically, the proton is always positive, an anode,
since the spaceflow is always *into* it. A BH would also be an anode,
positively charged, since spaceflow is likewise *into* it.
Again by inferance, in the electrical sense, the Big
Bang would be the "cathode", the negative terminal of the universe,
since spaceflow is *away from* it. So your observation of BHs being "big
positive particles" or macro-protons makes all BHs (including the Primal
Particle itself) collectively the "anode" of the CBB universe.

Old February 13th 09, 02:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot[_2_] oldcoot[_2_] is offline
Banned

P.S.
Bert, glad you like the keyboard. Consider it a B.day token,
with wishes for many happy returns.

Old February 13th 09, 11:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 12, 12:37*pm, (oldcoot) wrote:
How cold is a black hole? (-???K)

Viewed from our frame or referance, a non-accreting BH has a blackbody
temperature of damn near absolute zero (depending upon the speculative
"Hawking radiation"). One could also call it a 'frozen EM blackbody' or
FEMBB. It's "frozen" since from our FoR, the clock rate appears to slow
to zero at the event horizon, and all EM radiation becomes infinitely
redshifted at the event horiizon. Yet strangely, the core mass still
communicates gravitationally with us 'out here' in our FoR just as it
did before collapse to the BH state (or FEMBB state). *
* * * * * * * * So how does gravity manage to 'escape' the EH with no
apparent impediment whatsoever? Inquiring minds would like to know. :-)

Well, with your theory, that should be easy to explain. Since gravity
is not caused by something coming out, but by something flowing in,
space just continues to flow into the void caused by the black hole.
It doesn't have to be in communication with the hole itself.

Double-A