Milky Way rotates faster and as heavy as Andromeda

Old February 11th 09, 12:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default The Speed of Dark (was - Milky Way rotates . . .)

Double A If an electron can be a BH (I do not think it is) its spin
would have to be so great to overcome its gravity. My spin theory has it
spinning at c TreBert

Old February 11th 09, 12:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot[_2_] oldcoot[_2_] is offline
Banned

AA wrote, reposting "~BG":

Why can't an electron be a BH singularity?

*
Wheeler thought it was.

More realistically, the proton as a 'point particle' would be the analog
of a BH. Contrast this with the electron's being pictured as an
encircling cloud or 'shell' and an orbital of the central proton, as in
the H atom.

Old February 11th 09, 08:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 11, 4:37*am, (oldcoot) wrote:
AA wrote, reposting "~BG":

Why can't an electron be a BH * * * * * * singularity?

*
Wheeler thought it was.

More realistically, the proton as a 'point particle' would be the analog
of a BH. Contrast this with the electron's being pictured as an
encircling cloud or 'shell' and an orbital of the central proton, as in
the H atom.

The big mystery to me is why the masses of protons are always the
same, and the same with electrons, and the ratio of their masses is
always the same, at least as close as we can measure.

My suspicion is that there might be slight differences based upon the
absorption and emmision of photons, but that some process makes them
tend towards a certain mass.

Double-A

Old February 11th 09, 08:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 11, 12:29*pm, "Painius" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message

On Feb 3, 12:55 am, "Painius" wrote:

. . .
IOW, does the darkness travel at the same speed as the
light? or does it reach us instantly?

Two kinds of dark:

a) near IR dark (photons invisible to the human eye)

b) BH or electron dark (gravity that causes other substances to emit
photons)

*~ BG

I was wondering if anybody would begin coming up with
the fact that the "speed of dark" is very real when one
considers the IR, the UV, and indeed every frequency of
EM radiation outside the visual spectrum.

The mystique (for me) comes when i consider that even
the dark parts of the night sky, the parts between the
stars and other light sources, are chock full of light that
we will never see--because it is going in other directions.
It will never get to our eyes. *Only the light that comes
directly at us can be seen.

And these dark areas range from right above us to the
distances of those faraway galaxies seen only in the UDF,
the "ultra-deep field". *And my weird mind is asking the
more sane part of me, "Does it take the same amount of
time for the darkness that surrounds those UDF galaxies
to reach us as it does the light that's emitted from the
galaxies themselves?"

Oy. *g

I suppose when one considers space to be comprised of
a special kind of energy, then this actually might be a
valid question?

happy days and...
* *starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

Paine, when I stand outside at night and the sky clears, I could swear
that the cold of space is pressing down upon me. I know it's IR
escaping from the Eath into space that makes things get colder, but it
seems more intuitive to think of it as some agent of cold that is
hitting me from space!

Double-A

Old February 11th 09, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

"BradGuth" wrote in message

[...]

Of that light coming directly at us, we perceive all of 0.0000001% of
its spectrum, and with the best of our instruments we can detect
perhaps .0001% of what's out there. In other words, under the best of
conditions it's a lost cause.

And these dark areas range from right above us to the
distances of those faraway galaxies seen only in the UDF,
the "ultra-deep field". *And my weird mind is asking the
more sane part of me, "Does it take the same amount of
time for the darkness that surrounds those UDF galaxies
to reach us as it does the light that's emitted from the
galaxies themselves?"

Oy. *g

I suppose when one considers space to be comprised of
a special kind of energy, then this actually might be a
valid question?

Whatever!

Good freaking grief, how about instead we focus upon the other
intelligent life that's existing/coexisting on Venus, or are you
claiming some special kind of weird tunnel and filtered blindness.

~ BG
Old February 11th 09, 08:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 11, 4:19*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double A If an electron can be a BH (I do not think it is) its spin
would have to be so great to overcome its gravity. My spin theory has it
spinning at c * TreBert

Can't do better than c.

Double-A

Old February 11th 09, 09:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

oc Where have you been? Typed that on the key board you sent me. Works
great. You will get a letter from me Saturday. Sent it out today.
Cloud structure of an electron is made up of every type of photon. Part
of natures balancing act is to keep electrons 100% balanced. Absorbed
and emitting photons of the same energy is mother natures #1 balancing
act. This is the heart of my spin is in theory. TreBert

Old February 12th 09, 12:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 11, 1:44*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
oc *Where have you been? Typed that on the key board you sent me. Works
great. You will get a letter from me Saturday. *Sent it out today.
Cloud structure of an electron is made up of every type of photon. Part
of natures balancing act is to keep electrons 100% balanced. Absorbed
and emitting photons of the same energy is mother natures #1 balancing
act. * *This is the heart of my spin is in theory. TreBert

It the density of an electron were 1e241e27 g/cm3, makes its volume
rather small and likely invisible (like a black hole).

~ BG
Old February 13th 09, 10:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 11, 5:07*pm, "Painius" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message...

Paine, when I stand outside at night and the sky clears, I could swear
that the cold of space is pressing down upon me. *I know it's IR
escaping from the Eath into space that makes things get colder, but it
seems more intuitive to think of it as some agent of cold that is
hitting me from space!

Double-A

That's very poetic, AA! *Get yourself a can and start
spouting this stuff on a corner and see what happens!

Street poetry is, AFAIC, an honorable profession.

As far as the logistics of heat and cold? *These terms
are relative to the experimenter. *The feeling of heat
or cold is a transference, hotter areas transfering
their heat to colder areas. *Say, a man comes in from
the cold and jumps in bed with his wife, who has been
bundled up for some time. *She is warm and transfers
her heat to him. *To him, she feels warm. *To her, he
feels cold.

In spite of being quite the bard, you are Normal, AA.

happy days and...
* *starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

If there were money in poetry, Twittering could pay the rent!

"Congratulations on the ALC poem. They were one of the first places
that published me, back when the great Virginia Hooper was an
editor!" - Chris Stroffolino

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=966 74

Double-A