9/20/03

Old September 21st 03, 06:31 AM
Starlord

Default 9/20/03

About 11am today I unloaded the truck and headed
towards Palmdale and the Lowes down there. I ended
up not only checking them out, but home depot too
and even wal-mart. I was looking for something that
doesn't seem to be made anymore. I remebered that
years ago I used to see sheets of plastic that
could be used around the home, I wanted to get some
and make a light shade and fasten it to the front
of my scope, ( I'm using poster board now ) to
help cut down some of the light I deal with.

After 3 hours of walking around stores, and making
my left foot very sore, I gave up and came home.

At 6pm I loaded the scope and stuff into the truck
and went to my corner and set up. Didn't have a
big amount of people, but most of the ones who stopped
would talk with me for awhile, as they had some
questions about things.

I had two high school kids come by, and one asked
what I was looking at and I said the Planet MARS,
and then he says " What other planets? Where? " and he
walked off. Guys like him I could do without. By 9:30pm
my asprin had all wore off and everything was real slow,
so I backed the truck up and loaded everything up and
home I came.

Thus comes to end another night on the streets of
Rosamond.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop