Summer in Gresham

Old August 10th 17, 12:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Summer in Gresham

On Sunday, August 6, 2017 at 1:32:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Considerably cooler. 77F as of 1:30 PM here in Gresham. Overcast. Wind west at 4 mph.

Double-A

87 here in Anaheim.No rain. No wind so no sailing till Sunday.Have been been asked if I want to sell M&M by a Chinese business person.He has not come up with an offer yet.Warren my Chinese friend I will ask to check him out.Money talks.TreBert
Old August 11th 17, 09:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 4:25:54 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Sunday, August 6, 2017 at 1:32:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Considerably cooler. 77F as of 1:30 PM here in Gresham. Overcast. Wind west at 4 mph.

Double-A

87 here in Anaheim.No rain. No wind so no sailing till Sunday.Have been been asked if I want to sell M&M by a Chinese business person.He has not come up with an offer yet.Warren my Chinese friend I will ask to check him out..Money talks.TreBert

Yes, it's the art of the deal, Bert. Puffery is permitted.

80F here in Gresham as of 1:00 PM. Wind west at 5 mph.

Yesterday was our final meeting of the 50 year class reunion committee before the reunion itself in about a week. Got a different ride this time to the meeting by Rita, who was once the beautiful homecoming queen our senior year. We were arriving a little early, so she took me on a drive through old neighborhood country, up to Corbett where we went to school. Saw the empty lot where our grade school used to be. It burned down. Then past our old high school, which is now being used as a middle school, and next to it is the new high school. It has probably been 20 years since I have been up there. Then back down to our class president's house, which is closer to Springdale. The old Springdale Grade School is still there and now being used as a primary school for the first three grades.

The meeting went smoothly, and so we are all set. But I am disappointed that only the same old crowd is planning to attend that has attended past reunions, after all the hard work I did to find contact information for lots of people who have never attended reunions. Janet missed the meeting, but called me this morning to ask about it, and she plans to try to do some arm twisting to get some of the others to attend!

Double-A

Old August 12th 17, 10:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Mostly overcast today and a perfect 72F today here in Gresham as of 2:00 PM..

The streets are filled with antique cars as I guess this is Gresham's annual antique car show. Bert, your antique van would fit right in!

My highest aspiration nowadays is to get a good luxurious old car. I don't need the gps tracker they are putting on cars nowadays that continually inform on my whereabouts to the various government police agencies, and then tax me on the miles I have driven, nor do I need the snitching black box they are putting in cars, that will tell the cops, and my insurance company just how fast I was going when I crashed into that telephone pole. No thanks. I have no use for such newfangled devices!

Double-A

Old August 13th 17, 09:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A cool 68F this afternoon as of 1:45 PM here. Wind out of the southwest at 4 mph. Light rain began falling this morning about 3 AM and continued through the morning. First rain we have had since June.

The last of the antique cars have now been pushed or towed of the streets of Gresham. The ones they could keep running were awarded trophies. Looks like the annual church picnic is going on in the open field by the church next door. Fun for the kids.

Double-A

Old August 14th 17, 09:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Cool weather. Sunny through light clouds. Currently only 66F as of 1:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind west at 5 mph. No rain so far today.

Double-A

Old August 15th 17, 05:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Double-A" wrote in message

Cool weather. Sunny through light clouds. Currently only 66F as of 1:30 PM
here in Gresham. Wind west at 5 mph. No rain so far today.

Double-A

*** Projected High for the Sacramento area today is 84F.
In the middle of August ... Global Warming is a bitch ...

Old August 15th 17, 05:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Hägar" wrote in message

"Double-A" wrote in message

Cool weather. Sunny through light clouds. Currently only 66F as of 1:30 PM
here in Gresham. Wind west at 5 mph. No rain so far today.

Double-A

*** Projected High for the Sacramento area today is 84F.
In the middle of August ... Global Warming is a bitch ...

*** You've never told us - does your trailer float or not?

Old August 15th 17, 06:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Notroll2016" wrote in message news
"Hägar" wrote in message

"Double-A" wrote in message

Cool weather. Sunny through light clouds. Currently only 66F as of 1:30 PM
here in Gresham. Wind west at 5 mph. No rain so far today.

Double-A

*** Projected High for the Sacramento area today is 84F.
In the middle of August ... Global Warming is a bitch ...

*** You've never told us - does your trailer float or not?

Unlike you "Show-Me" State denizens, we Californians

live in real houses. You should use your super-duper cross
the border without impunity ID card to come and visit sometime;
California is full of your ilk ... faggots and Liberals ... you'd
feel right at home ... oh yea, they all hate Trump, too ... I just
love it. Liberalism is indeed a Mental Disorder !!

Old August 15th 17, 09:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 9:06:52 AM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

Cool weather. Sunny through light clouds. Currently only 66F as of 1:30 PM
here in Gresham. Wind west at 5 mph. No rain so far today.

Double-A

*** Projected High for the Sacramento area today is 84F.
In the middle of August ... Global Warming is a bitch ...

Only 74F here in Gresham as of 1:30 PM. Forecast high only 79F. Clear sky.. Wind out of the west at 7 mph. The Al Gore boogeyman seems to have gone away for awhile.

Double-A

Old August 16th 17, 10:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

"Double-A" wrote in message

Cool weather. Sunny through light clouds. Currently only 66F as of 1:30 PM
here in Gresham. Wind west at 5 mph. No rain so far today.

Double-A

*** Projected High for the Sacramento area today is 84F.
In the middle of August ... Global Warming is a bitch ...

Only 74F here in Gresham as of 1:30 PM. Forecast high only 79F. Clear sky. Wind out of the west at 7 mph. The Al Gore boogeyman seems to have gone away for awhile.

Double-A

Cooler here as well.Still no rain,but some early clouds at 7 am.I read July was the hottest ever recorded.Al Gore seems was on the money. Trebert