Astronomy photgrapher of the year

Old August 7th 17, 05:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Astronomy photgrapher of the year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-picture...r2017&ns_fee=0

The Jellyfish nebula would be my choice.

Old August 7th 17, 07:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 16:42:50 -0000 (UTC), Mike Collins wrote:

The Jellyfish nebula would be my choice.

Lot's of nice images.
I think I prefer the Jellyfish also.
--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old August 8th 17, 11:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown[_3_]

On 07/08/2017 17:42, Mike Collins wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-picture...r2017&ns_fee=0

The Jellyfish nebula would be my choice.

I prefer the light pollution and milky way with a foreground radio
telescope followed by the ISS transit over the moon.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old August 10th 17, 04:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Monday, 7 August 2017 12:47:03 UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-picture...r2017&ns_fee=0

The Jellyfish nebula would be my choice.

The Lofoten Island aurora shot is good, though not astronomical, it shows detail in the aurora which is often mushed-out in typical long-exposure aurora shots we see. The boloid shot is nice, but it is noisy and there is mild banding where the lower levels were apparently raised in post-processing.
Old August 10th 17, 05:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 8:14:38 PM UTC-7, RichA wrote:
On Monday, 7 August 2017 12:47:03 UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-picture...r2017&ns_fee=0

The Jellyfish nebula would be my choice.

The Lofoten Island aurora shot is good, though not astronomical, it shows detail in the aurora which is often mushed-out in typical long-exposure aurora shots we see. The boloid shot is nice, but it is noisy and there is mild banding where the lower levels were apparently raised in post-processing.

Some folks would complain if they were to be hung with an old rope...