starry nights

Old September 10th 03, 06:18 AM
Jay

Default starry nights

Yes was wondering if anyone had any success with running starry nights
on windows 95 .
I know on the web site it lists 98/ME/2000/XP ,but quite a few apps
leave out 95,and it works just fine - Including Netscape 7,which I'm
posting from.
Then again,some don't.
Low end machine too P2 333 32mb v card,which might also be a factor.

Old September 10th 03, 11:21 PM
Benoit Morrissette

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 05:18:38 GMT, Jay wrote:

Yes was wondering if anyone had any success with running starry nights
on windows 95 .
I know on the web site it lists 98/ME/2000/XP ,but quite a few apps
leave out 95,and it works just fine - Including Netscape 7,which I'm
posting from.
Then again,some don't.
Low end machine too P2 333 32mb v card,which might also be a factor.

Is it working on your machine? Software wich run under Win98 should work fine
under 95 as long that you got the latest upgrades likes DirectX9, Media Player 7
and Winsock 2 and a few others...

Benoît Morrissette
Old September 12th 03, 04:14 AM
Jay

Benoit Morrissette wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 05:18:38 GMT, Jay wrote:

Yes was wondering if anyone had any success with running starry nights
on windows 95 .
I know on the web site it lists 98/ME/2000/XP ,but quite a few apps
leave out 95,and it works just fine - Including Netscape 7,which I'm
posting from.
Then again,some don't.
Low end machine too P2 333 32mb v card,which might also be a factor.

Is it working on your machine? Software wich run under Win98 should work fine
under 95 as long that you got the latest upgrades likes DirectX9, Media Player 7
and Winsock 2 and a few others...

Benoît Morrissette

thanks for the reply.
The last version of DX that can be used on 95 is 8,which I have.
I suspect that is the reason some games and apps refuse to run on 95.

Old September 13th 03, 03:00 PM
Benoit Morrissette

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:14:28 GMT, Jay wrote:

Benoit Morrissette wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 05:18:38 GMT, Jay wrote:

Yes was wondering if anyone had any success with running starry nights
on windows 95 .
I know on the web site it lists 98/ME/2000/XP ,but quite a few apps
leave out 95,and it works just fine - Including Netscape 7,which I'm
posting from.
Then again,some don't.
Low end machine too P2 333 32mb v card,which might also be a factor.

Is it working on your machine? Software wich run under Win98 should work fine
under 95 as long that you got the latest upgrades likes DirectX9, Media Player 7
and Winsock 2 and a few others...

Benoît Morrissette

thanks for the reply.
The last version of DX that can be used on 95 is 8,which I have.
I suspect that is the reason some games and apps refuse to run on 95.

Your suspicions are very right. If you have at least 64 mb in your machine, you
should be able to use Win98 widh i found is the best compromise to run most of
the newest games and all the oldest DOS games.

Benoît Morrissette