Venus passing the sun

Old May 13th 04, 12:11 AM
Lloyd Jones

Default Venus passing the sun

Hey guy's I heard that on June the 8th if you have them special eclipse
glasses you can actually see Venus pass the sun, and supposedly 1882 was the
last time this happened. Is this correct???

LJ

Old May 16th 04, 12:57 AM
Jeffry L. Johnson

"Lloyd Jones" wrote:

Hey guy's I heard that on June the 8th if you have them special eclipse
glasses you can actually see Venus pass the sun, and supposedly 1882 was the
last time this happened. Is this correct???

Yes.

http://sunearth/gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/OH/transit04.html

--
To reply remove "void."

Old June 7th 04, 12:52 AM
Daphne M EADES-CAMPBELL

Hello Lloyd,
The 8th of June here in New Zealand at 8.40pm but we are 12 hours ahead of
the rest of the world, so may be you are 8.40 am. The opposition is on the 6
June 2012 1.15 pm New Zealand time.
Daphne
"Lloyd Jones" wrote in message
Hey guy's I heard that on June the 8th if you have them special eclipse
glasses you can actually see Venus pass the sun, and supposedly 1882 was

the
last time this happened. Is this correct???

LJ

---

Old June 7th 04, 11:59 PM
Daphne M EADES-CAMPBELL

I have tried to answer you several times but for some reason my computer
will not let me go thru Yahoo. it just comes back as an error. If you want
the answer You come back to me

Old June 8th 04, 12:20 AM
Daphne M EADES-CAMPBELL

Did you see the Eclipse address, it was