newbie solar eclipse question

Old April 16th 04, 04:13 AM
Wes Chormicle

Default newbie solar eclipse question

Hello,
I have been searching the web without luck for some sort of solar eclipse
calendar. I'm 51 years old, live in southern Utah and want to see a total
eclipse before I die. So I'm trying to find the closest one in the next
10-15 years.

Thank you for any help!

Wes

---

Old April 24th 04, 05:21 PM
Bruce Watson

In article k.net,
Wes Chormicle wrote:
Hello,
I have been searching the web without luck for some sort of solar eclipse
calendar. I'm 51 years old, live in southern Utah and want to see a total
eclipse before I die. So I'm trying to find the closest one in the next
10-15 years.

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/eclipse.html

Fred Espenak is the authority on the subject.

Can you last to August 21, 2017? If so, you will not have to travel
very far.

Old May 26th 04, 11:58 AM
Daphne M EADES-CAMPBELL

Hello
on the 5th of May at 8.33 am New Zealand time, we had a total eclipse. we
have a Venus eclipse at 8.40 pm NZ time on the 8th June. you have to realize
we are 12 hours in front of the rest of the world.
There is a partial Solar Eclipse on the 14 th October at 3.48 pm New Zealand
time and a total Lunar Eclipse at 4.05 pm on the 28 th of October 2004 New
Zealand time both of these last two are in daylight saving and we will be 13
hours ahead then. so you will have to work out the time for Utah.
Daphne
hlink.net...