ASTRO: An Eskamo or is it a Clown?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 16th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson

Default ASTRO: An Eskamo or is it a Clown?

It fully saturated in 5 minutes. Surprised me but virtually the entire
size you see in this photo is at 65000+ count. Figured at 1x1 binning
that wouldn't happen that fast but it did. Even the red frames are
fully saturated and it shouldn't have all that much red in it. I guess
I need to learn how to blend in a short exposure of just the center
part. Even some parts of the inner nebula were close to saturation,
over 50K count.

Rick

Richard Crisp wrote:

looks fun Rick

I think you could back off a tad on the stretching to prevent the central
star from saturating. it isn't saturated in the FIT data is it?

if not, then you could mask off the star and select everything else wiht a
bit of feather and probably get the stretching done without slamming the
star against the rails

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

NGC 2392: Another lost on the drive from over a couple months ago.
Probably a bit too processed. Didn't look like it in the Lum frame but
when I added the color it seems too harsh. With Photoshop nearly an
hour's drive away it will have to stay this way for now. Hadn't worked
at 1x1 binning for a while. See I'm out of collimation. Another
project. Rather short exposures as I had to throw most frames out due
to horrid seeing that would roll by then clear up. I picked the best 6
lum and 3 each of color though the red frames were all lousy.

14" LX200R @ f/10, 6x2Lum 3x2RGB each binned 1x1 at half frame,
STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick