"they" are apparently here but we didnt hear their radio signals

Old May 22nd 21, 11:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default "they" are apparently here but we didnt hear their radio signals

It isnt clear who "them" is. But anyway why din we here their radio signals first?

If the radio method is so robust noone should have been surprised
by the sudden govt ack there have been all these funny
things whizzing around our atm and solar system over the past 100+y.

Also amused to see a couple interviews with scientists that have
made a living trying to detect ET's by listening to
interstellar signals. Seems they have mostly come up empty.
At least one says he cant accept ufo evidence. Another insists he
does this for a living yet hasnt seen any ufos like its a nachl
thing he should have.

Must be kinda sould destroying to get no result after decades
of accounting-level searching when turns out ovva in yor fase
evdens seems to be show "something has been going on" right here
and every govt has known about it all the time.

The best way to rationalize why listening for signals failed must be
to now insist "ntuttin is happenin!".

Einstein had something witty to say about that approach. (*)

Harry Reid: What We Believe About U.F.O.s
The New York Times, 21 May 2021 14:37Z
Until recently, many military pilots feared the possibility of retribution
for reporting sightings of unidentified aerial phenomena. But I believed
that an unofficial taboo...

(*) Roughly:
If a scientists examines all the ebdens and declares something is
possible they are most likely right.
If after seeing the evidence they say it is impossible they
are most likely wrong.

Ironically Einstein looked all the evidence at the time and
declared quantum physics must be wrong.

--
Upcoming events:
9 Jul 2021 NOAA bn Dollar Disasters Q2

Incredible Microscope Sees Atoms at Record Resolution
SciTechDaily, 22 May 2021 03:28Z
In 2018, Cornell researchers built a high-powered detector that, in
combination with an algorithm-driven process called ptychography, set a
world record by ...

IEA's net zero road map puts a knife to the fossil fuel industry's neck
South China Morning Post/Opinion, 21 May 2021 21:25Z
The IEA acknowledges that to get to net zero by 2050 will be a 'monumental
task' requiring global buy-in that will not be achieved without massive
behavioural ...

'The American people deserve to know more': Harry Reid demands report on
UFOs to be released by Senate Intelligence Committee and say's he has 'no
problem' if aliens exist
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/05/22/01/43293319-9606631-image-a-43_1621641747699.jpg
Daily Mail, 22 May 2021 0:55Z
Former US Senator Harry Reid has penned an article demanding that the
Senate Intelligence Committee release a report on ...

NASA Finds Organic Salts Are Likely Present on Mars - Remnants of Ancient
Martian Microbial Life?
SciTechDaily, 21 May 2021 18:51Z
A NASA team has found that organic, or carbon-containing, salts are likely
present on Mars, with implications for the Red Planet's past habitability. A
NASA team ...

Collapse of West Antarctic Ice Sheet May Be Worse Than Scientists Predicted
Treehugger, 21 May 2021 13:47Z
New research finds that the collapse of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet could
be 30% worse than ever expected in terms of sea-level rise.

Cicada tacos on the menu as bns emerge from the ground across the US in
17-year cycle
ABC News, 22 May 2021 01:17Z
Millions of cicadas emerge from the ground across the eastern United States,
where they will live for about 3 weeks before dying -- unless they are
eaten first.

World's largest economies agree to stop financing fossil fuel projects
ABC News, 21 May 2021 at 9:57pm
The G7 agree to stop international financing of coal projects that emit
carbon by year's end, and phase out such support for all fossil fuels, to
meet globally agreed climate change targets.

Ingenuity's Next Flight on Mars Could Be Its Most Interesting Yet
Gizmodo, 21 May 2021 19:35Z
The flimsy-looking but impressively tenacious Ingenuity has booked its sixth
flight on Mars. Slated for sometime next week, this flight will be the first
of the ...

[Crossover!]
Canine coronavirus detected in Malaysian patients: study
Yahoo News, 21 May 2021 02:31Z
When the Covid-19 pandemic struck, Prof Gregory Gray at Duke
University's Global Health Institute tasked a graduate student at his lab
with developing a ...

Magnetic Monsters: Hubble Tracks Down Location of Mysterious Radio Signals
From Intergalactic Space
SciTechDaily, 21 May 2021 03:31Z
They come from anywhere in the sky: mysterious flashes of radio energy that
disappear in the blink of an eye. They're called fast radio bursts (FRBs),
and ...

Biden administration proposes global minimum tax of at least 15%
CBS News, 21 May 2021 11:29Z
The Biden administration is proposing a global minimum tax of at least 15%
as it looks to level the playing field and stop what Treasury Secretary
Janet Yellen ...
Old May 22nd 21, 08:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

I'm tired of stating the obvious, that interstellar distances are far
too great, to preclude any possibility of travel even in the very
unlikely event of travelling near light speed, and of any meaningful
radio communications. It doesn't surprize me that no sense has been
made of the scant received radio transmissions.
Old May 23rd 21, 07:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

I'll keep that in mind BUT, a messge of such fundamental importance,
can't be stated often enough. People keep talking, as if travel and
communicatios among the stars is a possibility, when clearly they are
not.