New Apollo landing site photos

Old September 8th 11, 10:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default New Apollo landing site photos

On 9/8/2011 12:19 AM, Pat Flannery wrote:
illis/fritzwillis.html
You might lust after the Vargas girls; you could fall head over heels in
love with one of his. :-)

But we're drifting way off-topic here... once, long before the mass
production of Playboy, Alberto Varga did a artistic version of Diana,
Goddess of the Moon, and her hunting hounds:
http://www.vargascollection.com/wp-c...Huntress-1.jpg
http://www.americanartarchives.com/vargas_diana.jpg

Pat
Old September 8th 11, 03:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article adde0b8f-da90-4575-b991-91be28c3e642
@v18g2000yqj.googlegroups.com, says...

Pat Flannery wrote:

Some new LRO photos, showing landing sites, LM descent stages, and ALSEP
equipment:
http://www.onorbit.com/node/3780
You can even see Surveyor-3.

So how are the moon landing conspiracy buffs going to try to refue
this ... claim that the photos were photoshopped?

They will say: Obviously the new photos were faked, just like the ones
from the 60's and early 70's.

:-P

Jeff
--
" Ares 1 is a prime example of the fact that NASA just can't get it
up anymore... and when they can, it doesn't stay up long. "
Old September 8th 11, 04:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Rick Jones

In sci.space.history Orval Fairbairn wrote:
The Vargas girls were obviously aliens -- silicon-based life forms. ;)

As someone who often must correct the confusion between Silicon Valley
in the S.F. Bay Area and Silicone Valley, which might be thought of as
being in the San Fernando Valley, I suspect you meant to suggest
silicone-based life forms

rick jones
Old September 8th 11, 06:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Raven[_2_]

"Rick Jones" skrev i meddelelsen

As someone who often must correct the confusion between Silicon Valley
in the S.F. Bay Area and Silicone Valley, which might be thought of as
being in the San Fernando Valley, I suspect you meant to suggest
silicone-based life forms

Silicone Valley is a modern term for "cleavage".

Jon Lennart Beck.

Old September 8th 11, 06:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_3_]

Pat wrote:

Some new LRO photos, showing landing sites, LM descent stages, and ALSEP
equipment:
http://www.onorbit.com/node/3780
You can even see Surveyor-3.

So how are the moon landing conspiracy buffs going to try to refue
this ... claim that the photos were photoshopped?

They will say: Obviously the new photos were faked, just like the ones
from the 60's and early 70's.

:-P

Jeff

....and it's easier now because of new technology.
Old September 8th 11, 07:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Rick Jones wrote:

In sci.space.history Orval Fairbairn wrote:
The Vargas girls were obviously aliens -- silicon-based life forms. ;)

As someone who often must correct the confusion between Silicon Valley
in the S.F. Bay Area and Silicone Valley, which might be thought of as
being in the San Fernando Valley, I suspect you meant to suggest
silicone-based life forms

rick jones

The basis of silicone is silicon, which has been advanced as an
alternative to carbon as a base for life. Therefore, I used the term
"silicon-based life forms."
Old September 8th 11, 10:47 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
jacob navia[_5_]

Pat wrote:

Some new LRO photos, showing landing sites, LM descent stages, and ALSEP
equipment:
http://www.onorbit.com/node/3780
You can even see Surveyor-3.

So how are the moon landing conspiracy buffs going to try to refue
this ... claim that the photos were photoshopped?

They will say: Obviously the new photos were faked, just like the ones
from the 60's and early 70's.

:-P

Jeff

look in sci.astro newsgroup, the thread:

NASA fakes new photographs in order to make the moon landings look
plausible

It is still pretty active
Old September 8th 11, 11:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Sep 7, 7:01*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
On 9/7/2011 1:51 PM, Scott M. Kozel wrote:

So how are the moon landing conspiracy buffs going to try to refue
this ... claim that the photos were photoshopped?

I picture this midget rover coming out of the unmanned LM with Moon
Boots on the wheels to fake footprints... :-D

Pat

I love the poster that suggested that NASA launched a secret manned
mission to the moon to plant evidence that they had been to the moon.
I think that he was joking, but it does show how the conspiracists
think.
Old September 8th 11, 11:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Sep 8, 11:46*am, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article ,
*Rick Jones wrote:

In sci.space.history Orval Fairbairn wrote:
The Vargas girls were obviously aliens -- silicon-based life forms. ;)

As someone who often must correct the confusion between Silicon Valley
in the S.F. Bay Area and Silicone Valley, which might be thought of as
being in the San Fernando Valley, I suspect you meant to suggest
silicone-based life forms

rick jones

The basis of silicone is silicon, which has been advanced as an
alternative to carbon as a base for life. Therefore, I used the term
"silicon-based life forms."

Yes, but Rick made an excellent pun out of the term, so he gets the
points for originality.
Old September 8th 11, 11:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

Pat Flannery wrote:

Some new LRO photos, showing landing sites, LM descent stages, and ALSEP
equipment:http://www.onorbit.com/node/3780
You can even see Surveyor-3.

So how are the moon landing conspiracy buffs going to try to refue
this ... claim that the photos were photoshopped?

They will say: *Obviously the new photos were faked, just like the ones
from the 60's and early 70's. *

:-P

Jeff

The one I love was the poster that claimed that NASA had sent a secret
manned mission to the moon to fake evidence that they had landed
there. I hope that that particular poster was joking, but it does show
how the conspiracists actually do operate.