Falcon 9 to the moon

Old July 1st 10, 07:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Frogwatch[_2_]

Default Falcon 9 to the moon

Just for fun, consider the possibility of using variants on the Falcon
9 to go to the moon. How would you do it? Obviously multiple
launches, one for the lunar lander and one for the crew who would
rendevous with the lander.
I am not sure the Falcon 9 heavy could put a LM into lunar trajectory
considering the weight of the original LM so it might take a third
launch of something.
Are any of the vehicles being developed by Armadillo or similar close
enough to being ready for such a thing or would we use old LM
technology or even old Soviet tech?
What would it take to soft land a Bigelow module on the moon?
Any hand waving guesstimates on costs for various missions?
Old July 1st 10, 11:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Jul 1, 2:34*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
Just for fun, consider the possibility of using variants on the Falcon
9 to go to the moon. *How would you do it? *Obviously multiple
launches, one for the lunar lander and one for the crew who would
rendevous with the lander.
I am not sure the Falcon 9 heavy could put a LM into lunar trajectory
considering the weight of the original LM so it might take a third
launch of something.
Are any of the vehicles being developed by Armadillo or similar close
enough to being ready for such a thing or would we use old LM
technology or even old Soviet tech?
What would it take to soft land a Bigelow module on the moon?
Any hand waving guesstimates on costs for various missions?

earth re entry would be a major issue.

I do wonder how a transhab inflatable cntaing a capsule would be for
ba hot re entry from moon

Old July 2nd 10, 03:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Katie Ohara

On Jul 1, 3:08*pm, " wrote:
[...]

The Bigelow would stay on the moon.

Falcon 9 +SRB Frogwatch[_2_] Policy 36 June 21st 10 01:45 PM
Falcon 9 On Pad Damon Hill[_4_] History 12 February 28th 10 04:13 AM
New Falcon 1 now on pad Pat Flannery Policy 10 September 23rd 08 08:32 PM
New Falcon 1 now on pad Pat Flannery History 10 September 23rd 08 08:32 PM
Falcon 1 to Pad [email protected] Policy 14 October 23rd 04 02:10 AM