Osceola Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Old June 23rd 08, 07:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Osceola Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

On Jun 23, 7:57*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Weather staying the same. Storms coming in by 4pm every day 74F at 7am
high in low 90 * * * * Another crash on I-4. *More homes hit by
lightning creating fires. Grass is growing fast now. *Have two rider
mowers now. Got a Murry tractor for $50 ,and got it to run nice. Gave up
my gardner(could not afford $75 a cutting) * * * * * * * *Riding a
tractor can be fun. I need stuff to do. *Bert

Leaden sky. Cool with Sun peeking through the overcast. Should be
mid seventies until Friday when 90 is predicted.

Don't fall off your tractor. Do tractors come with seat belts
nowadays?

Double-A

Old June 23rd 08, 07:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jun 22, 2:03*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double-A *Right you are It costs more to make pennies than their worth.
If they were solid copper they would be worth stealing. I figured out
how to drill into a pay phone to get the dimes out. *It was fun and i
covered the hole with chewing gum(black) *I was an inverted Robin Hood
I stole from the rich,and was so poor I kept it. *Stealing as a kid(less
than 12) can be fun,and very profitable. Money came in handy on
"Mother's day" * Bert

It's nice you remembered your dear old mother. She didn't need to
know were the money came from. Today some phones want 3 quarters just
to make a local call!

Double-A

Old June 23rd 08, 07:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Bert: You qualify for food stamps.

Jeff I get more than $600 per month. I would like food stamps so I could
eat Maine lobsters once a week. The Godfather wants me dead,and that is
why my SS checks don;t keep up with inflation. I'm like on a republican
**** list. Get no help from the FBI Think Nixon hit list and it fits
Not hard to figure. bert

Old June 23rd 08, 07:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jun 22, 6:44 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf [email protected] wrote:
If your Social Security only went up 19 dollars,
that means you're getting about 600 dollars per month.
If true, you quality for food stamps and, perhaps, an energy subsidy.

I can hardly believe the government is only giving a 4% inflationary
increase to pensioners. How can they face reporters and contain
themselves, and avoid breaking out into uproarious sadistic laughter?

Double-A

Old June 23rd 08, 07:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A No seat belts,but will not start unless you are on the seat.
Most older mowers need carborator repair,as did the Murry Bert

Old June 23rd 08, 07:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A Hard to find pay phones now. I did my drill trick at a bus
stop that had 3 phones.. Fast dimes are better than slow quarters
Bert

Old June 24th 08, 01:24 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_29_]

Default Evolution ( i.e. our society ) is ageist and sexist.

The C.P.I. has never been meaningful, at least not to me.
What does the “ cost of living ” mean to
someone who's willing to sleep in the park ?

Most people in this world have 30 USD to spend per month,
P.P.P. ( Purchasing Power Parity ).

But what does that mean if the cheapest room ( in a dangerous slum )
is ~600 USD per month ( in Seattle ) ?
Is everyone supposed to be homeless ? ! should they be mountain men ?

Evolution works like this:
“ Pop out as many babies and you can.. and see where the chips fall. ”.
Evolution ( i.e. our society ) is ageist and sexist.

My expenses would go up if I had to move.

I'd lose 30 bucks ( for the background check )
each time a landlord rejected me ( I've got an eviction in my record );
and that's assuming I had the savings to do it ( I don't ).

The “ damage deposit ” is like paying an extra month's rent
but you never get the stay, nor do you get the money back;
so it's ~600 bucks “ down the toilet ”.

If there's few rooms available ( as often happens ),
I'd have to rent the most expensive room,
i.e. the one that no one else wanted.

If you manage to rent, it's a 4 month lease, at least, and
the “ rental agreement ” basically says you can't do anything
but quitely sleep or study, no friends, etc.

In Seattle, people ( old, kind and wise.. not drunks )
getting Social Security ( ~600 per month ), are homeless.

Old June 24th 08, 01:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Weather staying the same 73F at 8am and high of 90 at 5pm Yesterday['s
scattered storms dropped 4 inches of rain in some areas. Homes
now taking down sale signs and changing them to "rent" Men are going
house to house looking for odd jobs. Its so very sad. Bert

Old June 24th 08, 07:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jun 23, 5:24 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf [email protected] wrote:
The C.P.I. has never been meaningful, at least not to me.

They rig it by including new and nonessential products which happen to
be coming down in value as part of their normal new product cycle,
like flat screen TV's.

What does the " cost of living " mean to
someone who's willing to sleep in the park ?

It means that my allocation of food stamps don't last as long at the
store.

Most people in this world have 30 USD to spend per month,
P.P.P. ( Purchasing Power Parity ).

But what does that mean if the cheapest room ( in a dangerous slum )
is ~600 USD per month ( in Seattle ) ?
Is everyone supposed to be homeless ? ! should they be mountain men ?

Evolution works like this:
" Pop out as many babies and you can.. and see where the chips fall. ".
Evolution ( i.e. our society ) is ageist and sexist.

It's called Social Darwinism. The Nazi's were big on it. (And guess
the fact ttat they did not survive proves they were not the fitest!)

My expenses would go up if I had to move.

I'd lose 30 bucks ( for the background check )
each time a landlord rejected me ( I've got an eviction in my record );
and that's assuming I had the savings to do it ( I don't ).

The " damage deposit " is like paying an extra month's rent
but you never get the stay, nor do you get the money back;
so it's ~600 bucks " down the toilet ".

If there's few rooms available ( as often happens ),
I'd have to rent the most expensive room,
i.e. the one that no one else wanted.

If you manage to rent, it's a 4 month lease, at least, and
the " rental agreement " basically says you can't do anything
but quitely sleep or study, no friends, etc.

In Seattle, people ( old, kind and wise.. not drunks )
getting Social Security ( ~600 per month ), are homeless.

I face those same problems with regard to renting.

Double-A

Old June 24th 08, 07:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jun 23, 11:53*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double-A *Hard to find pay phones now. *I did my drill trick at a bus
stop that had 3 phones.. * * * *Fast dimes are better than slow quarters
Bert

I've noticed that the payphone in my favorite bookstore is gone. I
guess ripping the phone off the wall is one way to come home with the
quarters!

Double-A