If all the Ice Sheets Melt?

Old May 13th 07, 04:41 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Jonathan

Default If all the Ice Sheets Melt?

How high will sea levels rise?
As much as 80 meters....gulp!

USGS Sea Level and Climate
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs2-00/

Old May 13th 07, 07:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
kT

Jonathan wrote:

How high will sea levels rise?
As much as 80 meters....gulp!

USGS Sea Level and Climate
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs2-00/

It's not a question of if anymore, nor even when :

http://users.aber.ac.uk/sfg4/ipcc%20projections.jpg

--
Get A Free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator :
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html
Old May 13th 07, 11:10 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On May 12, 8:41 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
How high will sea levels rise?
As much as 80 meters....gulp!

USGS Sea Level and Climatehttp://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs2-00/

Instead of 100 teratonnes of h2o in our atmosphere, there could easily
become 200+ teratonnes to deal with, along with greater tidal issues
that'll impact our 98.5% fluid environment (inside and out).

If all the Ice Sheets Melt, the rich get a whole lot richer.

Too bad we're not smart enough to relocate our recently obtained moon
out to Earth's L1.
-
Brad Guth

Old May 13th 07, 11:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On May 12, 11:59 pm, kT wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
How high will sea levels rise?
As much as 80 meters....gulp!

USGS Sea Level and Climate
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs2-00/

It's not a question of if anymore, nor even when :

http://users.aber.ac.uk/sfg4/ipcc%20projections.jpg

The artificial shifting of Earth's albedo in the wrong damn direction
is simply going to expedite the ongoing demise of humanity, that's
obviously still too snookered and thus easily dumbfounded past the
point of no return.

The humanly forced negative shift of Earth's albedo, by way of one
percentage point, is yet another real environment killer. Of course,
I've only been saying that for several years, along with my global
warming moon that's not exactly helping us to survive upon our 98.5%
fluid Earth, as in not one damn freaking bit.

This time our supposed science and of their faith-based puppeteers has
in fact managed to shoot off both of their two left feet, and then
some.
-
Brad Guth

Old May 13th 07, 09:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Timberwoof[_2_]

In article om,
BradGuth wrote:

On May 12, 8:41 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
How high will sea levels rise?
As much as 80 meters....gulp!

USGS Sea Level and Climatehttp://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs2-00/

Instead of 100 teratonnes of h2o in our atmosphere, there could easily
become 200+ teratonnes to deal with, along with greater tidal issues
that'll impact our 98.5% fluid environment (inside and out).

If all the Ice Sheets Melt, the rich get a whole lot richer.

Too bad we're not smart enough to relocate our recently obtained moon
out to Earth's L1.

Why do you think screwing with the tides is a good idea? All coastal
sea life evolved with the tides; I think it would be a bad idea to go
changing them.

--
Timberwoof me at timberwoof dot com http://www.timberwoof.com
Old May 13th 07, 11:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On May 13, 1:14 pm, Timberwoof
wrote:

Why do you think screwing with the tides is a good idea? All coastal
sea life evolved with the tides; I think it would be a bad idea to go
changing them.

Unlike your somewhat skewed out of context and thus negative going
mindset of obvious topic naysayism, whereas instead I'd only intend to
moderate our existing lunar tides, perhaps down to the dull roar of
imposing as little as an 1/16th as much as we're currently having to
deal with, thus making the combined solar+moon aligned tide worth
perhaps 1.125 ~ 1.25 again as much as our solar forced tide currently
represents. Therefore, with our moon nicely situated at Earth L1, our
wet environment still has a nifty 24 hour tide, and we'll also get
that terrific little spot of solar isolation as a badly needed bonus
of shade. Obviously you and many others of your kind have complex
issues that are opposed to salvaging our environment, whereas I have
all sorts of well proven and established forms of renewable energy,
and otherwise of better internal combustion that offers zero NOx, plus
I have more than a few off-world alternatives that are only made
naysay taboo/nondisclosure rated because of folks like yourself that
can't think outside or hardly even inside the box.

I've slightly revised the following, so that a fresh reader might
better grasp onto the core of what this sub-topic consideration of
using our moon to shade Earth has to deliver, besides accomplishing
less solar influx/insolation and otherwise elliminating the moon's IR
shine.

There's no question that VL2 POOF City at less than 660 w/m2 is
technically 100% doable as is. However, Venus itself is looking
better and better all the time. It seems that our wet and otherwise
98.5% fluid Earth is not just a very rare planet, whereas it's also
rather dumbfounded about getting summarily global warmed to death by
our local mascon/moon, plus having been receiving all the warm and
fuzzy GW benefits of humanity running itself amuck.

For a little Usenet friendly terrestrial reminder:
Total ice melt = 80.32 meters + given a little extra on behalf of a
thermal expansion factor and continued but greatly accelerated erosion
filling in for perhaps a combined 20% boost.
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs2-00/

Here's an even better global warming test:
- can you folks swim and survive upon jellyfish? -

Of local planetology and a salty old mascon of a moon that's not going
away soon enough, is all about utilizing the best available science
and of those better than average educated minds to the maximum extent
possible. Or we could keep telling ourselves those same old lies upon
lies, and otherwise believing in the tooth fairy after we elect Sponge
Bob Square Pants as our next LLPOF president (aka Jewish puppet).
With such an educational and science obtainable goal for relocating
our moon out to Earth's L1, as such this daunting but otherwise doable
task would actually provide many direct environmental benefits, that
is if it were not for the ongoing Old Testament faith-based gauntlet
of insurmountable naysayism and otherwise mainstream damage-control
fornication that's continually in denial of their being in denial,
such as our NASA/Apollo wizardly need of their covering thy
infomercial spewing moonsuit butts until hell freezes over, which as
you know is never going to happen.

In addition to all of our human contributed worth of atmospheric
deployed soot and a few too many toxic elements, pushing the h2o
content of our sooty and CO2 enhanced atmosphere from 100 teratonnes
to more than 250 teratonnes, the artificial shifting of Earth's
surface albedo in the wrong damn direction is simply going to further
expedite the ongoing demise of the lower 99.9% of humanity (that's
mostly of us poor folk and/or servitude minions to the rich and
powerful), that's obviously still far too snookered and thus easily
dumbfounded past the point of no return. Unfortunately, most folks
within Usenet have been working their infomercial spewing butts off,
in serious overtime at keeping this already bad situation going in the
worse possible direction.

The humanly forced and clearly negative going shift of Earth's albedo,
by way of diving ourselves off the deep end of our subtracting merely
one albedo percentage point, is yet another real environment killer to
the thermal balance of our Earth that's keeping itself more and more
clouded throughout a wetter and stormier nighttime that's only getting
rid of perhaps little more than 90% of that extra absorbed insolation
worth of energy. Of course, more than a few others and certainly I've
only been sharing that deductive interpretation for several years,
along with sharing many other honest thoughts about my global warming
moon that's not exactly helping us to survive upon our 98.5% fluid
Earth, as in not helping one damn bit because of the unavoidable
gravity/tidal friction that's continually taking place within and all
about our fluid Earth.

You see, true geology and thus honest planetology or perhaps even
local interstellar cosmology is not about what you or I can see, such
as noticing bad weather extremes that's only getting worse, and of
ocean risings plus tidal flows that are only accomplishing more
collateral damage than good, whereas 98.5% or more of our global
environment is essentially fluid to those horrific forces contributed
by our pesky mascon/moon and even from those of solar tidal influence,
of having been contributing to what goes all the way to the very
molten core of this planet that's also in the unfortunate process of
losing it's magnetosphere at the impressive rate of -.05%/year (if
that factor alone isn't bad enough news, then perhaps nothing is).

It seems our very own brown-nosed clowns of spewed conditional physics
and skewed science are in fact running us amuck (on behalf of the rich
getting a whole lot richer at the demise of most others), whereas this
time our supposed best available science (aka junk science of mostly
infomercial hyped disinformation) and of their faith-based puppeteers
has in fact managed to shoot off both of our two left feet, and then
some because, GW is here to stay as long as that terrific mascon of a
moon isn't relocated out to Earth's L1.

Of course, the likes of our Death Valley at -86 meters, the Great
Basin at -105 meters (aka including most of Nevada), and even that of
our Grand Canyon would soon enough become massive salt water holding
basins, along with incorporating most all of Salt Lake City and
multiple other old and dried up salt basins becoming wet and thus
albedo dark instead of offering a salty near white and thus solar
energy reflective surface.

However, the good of what's within GW news being, Venus is looking a
whole lot better all the time. At least on Venus there's unlimited
renewable energy to burn, sort of speak, and you certainly don't have
to buy off those pesky wetland or CO2 credits. Since relocating our
moon out to Earth's L1 is not likely to ever happen (because we're
simply not smart enough for making it happen, especially if such is
going to benefit other than the rich), whereas perhaps my VL2 POOF
City should be accomplished before we have even fewer options.
-
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/Gl...est/start.html
LLPOF Question 3:
Global Warming is believed to be caused primarily by:

b) orbital eccentricities of Earth and variations in the Sun's output

That is correct! (unfortunately, that is actually a well proven lie)

Our GW toasty environment that's going somewhat postal is primarily
caused by our moon that has only been with us since the last ice age
this badly polluted planet will ever see. GW is NOT caused primarily
by any 11 year solar cycle and/or that of our elliptical orbit. At
best the human factors and solar issues amount to 25% of the total
picture, although the way we're going that amount could certainly
become forced even higher.

Of extra water vapor being sustained within our humanly soot infused
atmosphere is in fact a secondary result of the primary GW that's
caused by our nearby and fairly massive moon. Going from 100
teratonnes to that of 250+ teratonnes of sustained atmospheric h2o
that's extra loaded and/or fortified along with our soot and
artificial CO2 is not exactly a good sign, especially when we've also
terminated nearly half of the global diatom populations at the same
time we're extracting 100 million tonnes of food from our polluted and
increasingly dead-zone populated oceans that can't possibly sustain
half that amount of trauma unless we extensively clean up our act.

Once again, here's that better two-part global warming test question:

Old May 13th 07, 11:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Jo Schaper

BradGuth wrote:
Here's an even better global warming test:
- can you folks swim and survive upon jellyfish? -

Where I'm at, we won't need to swim. There will be plenty of dry land to
grow conventional crops, thank you. And I'm not even that high in
elevation.
Old May 14th 07, 12:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Jonathan

"Jo Schaper" jospamnotschaper34@5socket78dot9net wrote in message
BradGuth wrote:
Here's an even better global warming test:
- can you folks swim and survive upon jellyfish? -

Where I'm at, we won't need to swim. There will be plenty of dry land to
grow conventional crops, thank you. And I'm not even that high in
elevation.

Well here in South Florida, I'm an inch and a half above sea level.
Not to mention that some 50 of 65 counties are on fire and
we're all praying for a really big tropical storm to put them out
while wiping our smoke-filled eyes at this forboding little
glimpse into our globally warmed {cough} future.

Record hurricane season, record drought, record fires
all in two years. I mean where's a damn flood when you
need one? Homeowners insurance down here
rivals property taxes in cost as the insurance
companies wave bye-bye.
http://www.floridabrushfires.com/

Old May 14th 07, 12:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

On May 13, 3:45 pm, Jo Schaper jospamnotschaper34@5socket78dot9net
wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
Here's an even better global warming test:
- can you folks swim and survive upon jellyfish? -

Where I'm at, we won't need to swim. There will be plenty of dry land to
grow conventional crops, thank you. And I'm not even that high in
elevation.

Lucky you and I, as I too are situated at a good 100+ meters above sea
level, safe unless there's some nasty sink-hole under my house, or
worse yet if those MIB intend to use it as a nuclear bomb worthy or VX
disposal test site.
-
Brad Guth

Old May 14th 07, 12:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

BradGuth wrote:
Here's an even better global warming test:
- can you folks swim and survive upon jellyfish? -

Where I'm at, we won't need to swim. There will be plenty of dry land to
grow conventional crops, thank you. And I'm not even that high in
elevation.

Well here in South Florida, I'm an inch and a half above sea level.
Not to mention that some 50 of 65 counties are on fire and
we're all praying for a really big tropical storm to put them out
while wiping our smoke-filled eyes at this forboding little
glimpse into our globally warmed {cough} future.

Record hurricane season, record drought, record fires
all in two years. I mean where's a damn flood when you
need one? Homeowners insurance down here
rivals property taxes in cost as the insurance
companies wave bye-bye.http://www.floridabrushfires.com/

You have actual insurance companies that exist for real (not as
offshore hocus-pocus insurance)?

Have you ever checked the fine/microscopic gray print, for what you're
not covered for?

Does your home float?
-
Brad Guth