Questions About Bonus Material on Gemini DVD

Old September 3rd 06, 11:18 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pleonic

Default Questions About Bonus Material on Gemini DVD

Ever since I bought Spacecraft Films Gemini DVD set 2 or 3 years ago
I've been fascinated by one particular bit of Bonus Material they
include, namely the "Gemini Control Panel" segment. This is silent,
raw-looking footage of two suited up gentlemen that enter the capsule
and give a point-by-point guided tour. There are a couple of things
I'm curious about and I wonder if any of you can help.

1.) First, does anyone know who these men are? I don't recognize them
as any astronauts from the time, so I've assumed they're probably
engineers from the manufacturer. Does anyone recognize them? Are
either of them posting on this group?

2.) This footage was evidently intended to be an instructional film of
some kind. Was it ever completed? Was it meant for the Gemini
astronauts? Would they have needed a film to show where all the
buttons are? I thought they were too hands-on to learn their control
positions from a movie. Or was there some other purpose for it ?

3.) Finally, where was this filmed? At McDonnell in St. Louis?
Another training facility?

I was a kid in the heyday of spacefilght, and Gemini has always been my
favorite -- even more than Apollo. The Spacecraft Film series is a
motherlode to me and I'd be very grateful for any info on this
particular intriguing film footage from back in that golden era.

Pleonic
AFewParagraphs.blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Old September 4th 06, 02:09 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On 3 Sep 2006 15:18:35 -0700, "Pleonic" wrote:

1.) First, does anyone know who these men are? I don't recognize them
as any astronauts from the time, so I've assumed they're probably
engineers from the manufacturer. Does anyone recognize them? Are
either of them posting on this group?

....Well, guess it's time to drag Geo out of hiding and make him do a
"Phantom Astronauts" site :-)

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old September 7th 06, 10:56 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pleonic

So nobody knows anything about the guys in the "Gemini Control Panels"
bonus material on Spacecraft Films Gemini DVD? It's probably all lost
in the mists of time. I emailed Spacecraft Films about it around a
year ago and they never wrote back. They must not know either.

Pleonic
www.AFewParagraphs.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If everybody's somebody, then no one's anybody!"

Old September 8th 06, 01:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On 7 Sep 2006 14:56:52 -0700, "Pleonic" wrote:

So nobody knows anything about the guys in the "Gemini Control Panels"
bonus material on Spacecraft Films Gemini DVD? It's probably all lost
in the mists of time. I emailed Spacecraft Films about it around a
year ago and they never wrote back. They must not know either.

Pleonic
www.AFewParagraphs.com

....Or they don't answer their e-mail unless it's a sales issue, which
has been my experience. Try posting a bogus "they ****ed my credit
card" post, and at least one of them will show up around here to cover
their ass.

OM
--