Sad Christmas Story

Old December 24th 05, 06:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Sad Christmas Story

RMOLLISE:
Anyhoo...HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND ALL THE GOOD FOLK ON S.A.A. (or is
saying "happy _holidays_" no longer politically correct? Not that I
care... ;-)).

The same whatever to you and yours!

The thing about the poor, beleagured, "Christian" right that I find
truly funny is that when we say "Happy Holidays" out of respect for all
of humanity (one strike against you and me -- we respect others), they
say that we are attacking God and Christianity. "Happy Holy Days" is an
attack on religion!?

I mean, it's not like we go around saying "Happy Seculdays!"

I'm also amused sometimes by the paradox of an atheist saying "goodbye"
-- "God be with you!"

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 24th 05, 06:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Chris.B wrote:
I expect ID is only a passing fad thanks to "Burning's" simple faith
swaying the even-simpler believers within his corrupt influence in
backwoods America.

Once the ventriloquist's dummy has been put back in the closet where he
belongs the medieval myths will vanish like a late frost in the first
rays of warm sunshine.

Then I predict a bold lion will lead America into a new renaissance of
beneficial scientific research, sustainability and worldwide equality
for all. Yeah right!

Burning's America has become the Walwart of the world. A vast
billion-legged parasite gorging itself on the lifeblood of the poor and
disadvantaged worldwide. Despised by all but the rich clowns which it
so carefully protects amongst its countless, corrupt, stinging
tentacles.

Have a nice one!
(while you still can) ;-)

Chris.B

Hiya, Bruce! Here I am with the astronomer-philosophers! (We gotta quit
meeting this way.)

Old December 24th 05, 07:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

You should be saying "Merry Christmas". The holiday is about celebrating the
birth of Christ.
Merry Christmas to you Davoud.

-mij

Old December 24th 05, 08:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

In article , Davoud
wrote:

If you read this evening's S&T news bulletin, you may have followed the
link to the story about the Christmas morning occultation of Spica by
the Moon http://tinyurl.com/77lpy. The story was well written by one
Alan M. MacRobert.

At the end of the story Mr. MacRobert's biographical sketch says "Alan
MacRobert independently disproved the existence of Santa Claus around
age 7, by dividing the number of houses in North America by the number
of minutes in the night before Christmas. He found the process
liberating rather than disappointing."

How dreadful! Next he'll start questioning the existence of Flying
Spaghetti Monster.
Old December 24th 05, 09:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:18:33 -0800, "Mij Adyaw" wrote:

You should be saying "Merry Christmas". The holiday is about celebrating the
birth of Christ.

If "the holiday" you are referring to is Christmas, yes (although it has
become a secular holiday to many). But there are many celebrations
during this time of year- some years ago my wife and I went back to the
original meaning of the season and started celebrating solstice.

Anyway, knowing what you believe in, I wish you a Merry Christmas. To
the group as a whole, Happy Holidays.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old December 24th 05, 09:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Mij Adyaw:
You should be saying "Merry Christmas". The holiday is about celebrating the
birth of Christ.
Merry Christmas to you Davoud.

I wish you a Merry Christmas, too.

I know should leave it at that, but you really need to understand that
telling others what they should be saying or doing on /your/ Holy Day
never worked and never will.

I will not be saying "Merry Christmas" to my long-time friend Ibrahim
'Abd-ullah, or to my dear neighbour, Mrs. Goldberg. If I see them
tomorrow, a simple "Good day!" will suffice. Mustn't say "Hag Sameach"
or "Happy Hannukah" to Mrs. Goldberg; she's a militant atheist --
though she makes latkes to die for.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Old December 25th 05, 12:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Haddy Grimble and a Merry Crispness to all!!!

-Florian

Old December 25th 05, 12:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Yet, grown adults disbelieve evolution, which is apparent in all life
we see, and believe the myth of intelligent design, of which the
collected proof can be contained on a foldup card table.

-Florian