Sunrise moonris etc online calculator

Old June 22nd 04, 07:59 PM
news.verizon.net

Default Sunrise moonris etc online calculator

If anyone is interested in finding out surise, sunset, moonrise, moonset,
sun altitude, sun rising azimuth, moon phase etc. in a SIMPLE to use and
display program try the one I have made up at www.rsimons.org/sunmoon.

The only information that you need to know is the latitude, longitude and
your timezone hour difference from UTC. To help out with this the site
displays UTC.

Try it out and send me some feedback.

Old June 22nd 04, 11:04 PM
N Cook

"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
If anyone is interested in finding out surise, sunset, moonrise, moonset,
sun altitude, sun rising azimuth, moon phase etc. in a SIMPLE to use and
display program try the one I have made up at www.rsimons.org/sunmoon.

The only information that you need to know is the latitude, longitude and
your timezone hour difference from UTC. To help out with this the site
displays UTC.

Try it out and send me some feedback.

I've bookmarked it

I browse my usual sites with pictures disabled in Tools
settings . On unfamiliar sites I often have to re-engage picture option but
not yours. I don't know why but in no pics setting the background is deep
blue so little contrast to the text. Engaging pics
brought up all the superfluous / confusing ? + and - graphics but light
background,
minor quibbles.

Old June 23rd 04, 09:03 PM
Peter Hayes

news.verizon.net wrote:
If anyone is interested in finding out surise, sunset, moonrise, moonset,
sun altitude, sun rising azimuth, moon phase etc. in a SIMPLE to use and
display program try the one I have made up at www.rsimons.org/sunmoon.

The only information that you need to know is the latitude, longitude and
your timezone hour difference from UTC. To help out with this the site
displays UTC.

Try it out and send me some feedback.

Nice to see other programmers are doing javascript programs, try

http://www.aphayes.pwp.blueyonder.co...ris/index.html for a
full ehpemeris or

http://www.aphayes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sun_moon.html

alternative copies from

http://www.peter-hayes.freeserve.co.uk/

it's complicated keeping track of the cheapest ISP!

My code is freeware for non-commercial use, only people not allowed to
copy are astrologers but some have done so without my permission :(

Pete H

Old June 28th 04, 01:30 PM
news.verizon.net

Thanks for the information. It should now have a light gray background when
the pics are disabled.

The + and - are, however, not superfluous since clicking them will either
increment or decrement by one whatever the parameter is that it surrounds.
Thus, if you are at latitude 50N and you click + you will be at 51N.
Clicking the N will toggle it to S etc. This makes it very simple and quick
to change parameters without having to reinput a lot of data.

Thanks for trying the program.