ASTRO: Lightweight Dob

Old September 7th 07, 04:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Lightweight Dob

Well, I wasn't going to post any more from Stellafane 2007, but I found two
images that I thought people might be interested in. They show that amateur
telescope making is still alive and well. Here's the first of two
ultra-light weight Dobs. This is what everyone's scope will look like after
gas hits $10/gallon and we all have micro-cars!

Here's the info on this scope from the Stellafane website:

a.. Name: Michael D. Abrams
b.. From: Seville, OH
c.. Instrument: 12" f/5 Newt-Dob
d.. Entered: [02] Mechanical
e.. Award: 4th Place (Tie) Mechanical
f.. Award: Innovative Components: Friction Clutch, Mirror Cell Adjustor &
Cable Sling, Adjustable Wire Spider
George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lite-Dob-1.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	400.0 KB
ID:	1186
Old September 10th 07, 03:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Aidan Karley[_2_]

In article ,
George Normandin wrote:
Well, I wasn't going to post any more from Stellafane 2007, but I found two
images that I thought people might be interested in. They show that amateur
telescope making is still alive and well. Here's the first of two
ultra-light weight Dobs.

Plumbing fittings for the structural framework. Interesting idea.

This is what everyone's scope will look like after
gas hits $10/gallon and we all have micro-cars!

That'll be ... 2 years away? Or 6 months if there's more trouble in
Saudi.

--
Aidan Karley,
Aberdeen, Scotland