Meteor again...

Old December 1st 04, 08:25 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Meteor again...

Freaky - after ~35 years of astronomy I got my first ever meteor photo
last Monday. Then, yesterday evening (Tuesday), quite by accident, I
got my second! Just like buses!

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-2.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old December 2nd 04, 12:49 AM
md

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Freaky - after ~35 years of astronomy I got my first ever meteor photo
last Monday. Then, yesterday evening (Tuesday), quite by accident, I
got my second! Just like buses!

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-2.jpg

that's a nice pic, you can clearly see how the meteor changed brightness during its flight,
nice.
--
md
www.xs4all.nl/~martlian

Old December 2nd 04, 09:05 AM
gp.skinner

Freaky - after ~35 years of astronomy I got my first ever meteor photo
last Monday. Then, yesterday evening (Tuesday), quite by accident, I
got my second! Just like buses!
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-2.jpg

Do you want a polite response, or a genuine one?

Polite....
Nice picture Pete, thanks for sharing.

Genuine....
You lucky *&%^%&^%&^%*%&^%)(*^(&^$^$#%$#^#^%$#^%$

Graeme

Old December 2nd 04, 10:03 AM
Paul Evans

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Freaky - after ~35 years of astronomy I got my first ever meteor photo
last Monday. Then, yesterday evening (Tuesday), quite by accident, I
got my second! Just like buses!

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-2.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Home of the Lunar Parallax Demonstration Project

I know how you feel, this same thing happened to me here.....

http://www.pevans.me.uk/html/perseid...aug_2004_.html

and then again here.....

http://www.pevans.me.uk/html/milky_way_sep_2004.html

Nice feeling isn't it?

Paul.

Old December 2nd 04, 11:17 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:49:35 +0100, "md" not given to avoid spam
wrote:

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
.. .
Freaky - after ~35 years of astronomy I got my first ever meteor photo
last Monday. Then, yesterday evening (Tuesday), quite by accident, I
got my second! Just like buses!

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-2.jpg

that's a nice pic, you can clearly see how the meteor changed brightness during its flight,
nice.

It was a corking meteor and had I been trying for it with the
appropriate exposures, I'm sure there would have been more detail
available. Of course, if I had been trying for it... I wouldn't have
got it!

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old December 2nd 04, 11:18 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:05:55 -0000, "gp.skinner"
wrote:

Freaky - after ~35 years of astronomy I got my first ever meteor photo
last Monday. Then, yesterday evening (Tuesday), quite by accident, I
got my second! Just like buses!
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-2.jpg

Do you want a polite response, or a genuine one?

Polite....
Nice picture Pete, thanks for sharing.

Genuine....
You lucky *&%^%&^%&^%*%&^%)(*^(&^$^$#%$#^#^%$#^%$

Now, now! I would feel the same though if it weren't me ;-)

The most important point to learn from the pictures, from a personal
perspective, is that I can actually capture meteor with a DSLR.
Although I knew it was possible, previous failures were introducing
doubt!

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old December 2nd 04, 11:19 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:03:46 -0000, "Paul Evans"
wrote:

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
.. .
Freaky - after ~35 years of astronomy I got my first ever meteor photo
last Monday. Then, yesterday evening (Tuesday), quite by accident, I
got my second! Just like buses!

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-2.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Home of the Lunar Parallax Demonstration Project

I know how you feel, this same thing happened to me here.....

http://www.pevans.me.uk/html/perseid...aug_2004_.html

and then again here.....

http://www.pevans.me.uk/html/milky_way_sep_2004.html

Nice feeling isn't it?

It certainly is Paul. I have renewed optimism about the Geminids now
- unless the weather says differently of course!

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old December 2nd 04, 11:57 AM
Chris Taylor

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
from a personal perspective, is that I can actually capture meteor with a
DSLR.

Just in time for the Geminids?

Regards

Chris