Cassini space probe

Old July 1st 04, 03:39 PM
Lloyd Jones

Default Cassini space probe

An historic international space mission to Saturn has reached the planet's
orbit after a seven year journey.

The £2 billion Cassini probe had to pull off a critical manoeuvre to slip
through Saturn's rings.

If you want to read the full story click on the link:

http://www.itv.com/news/957766.html

LJ

Old July 1st 04, 05:58 PM
Lloyd Jones

Here's the pictures it's beamed back, If your interested here's the link:

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedi...browseLatest=1

Most of them are dark, and the best of them so far are not breath taking.

LJ

Old July 1st 04, 06:05 PM
ugo

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedi...st.cfm?browseL
atest=1

Most of them are dark, and the best of them so far are not breath taking.

Well, nobody ever said they would be breathtaking. Remember that most of
them were taken from the unlit side of the rings. You've got to admit,
though, that there are some crazy, almost mathematical, patterns in those
density waves. It's intriguing to say the least, and the images will
undoubtedly bring new insights into the dynamics of the rings.
The Cassini-Huygens mission is surely going to be an exciting endeavor.

--
The butler did it.

Old July 1st 04, 06:22 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Lloyd Jones" wrote in message
Here's the pictures it's beamed back, If your interested here's the link:

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedi...browseLatest=1

Most of them are dark, and the best of them so far are not breath taking.

Not breath taking? Are you sure you are breathing?

BV.

Old July 1st 04, 06:48 PM
Lloyd Jones

I didn't mean it that way, I think it's amazing that we can actually see
Saturn up close. I just meant there are allot better pictures to come.

LJ

Old July 1st 04, 06:48 PM
Lloyd Jones

Old July 1st 04, 07:18 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Lloyd Jones" wrote in message
I didn't mean it that way, I think it's amazing that we can actually see
Saturn up close. I just meant there are allot better pictures to come.

Yeah totally. My point was that the current pix are IMHO totally amazing.
The uniformity in the rings is scary!

BV.