PLEEEESE HELP ME

Old August 27th 03, 08:22 AM
called2preach2002

Default PLEEEESE HELP ME

AW common now, you had all day to respond...
I need some help here, I want to enjoy looking at mars too! PLEEEEEESE

called2preach2002 wrote:
I own a Tasco 11TR. it has an equatorial mount, and comes with very
little instructions.

I am having trouble because when I move the RA dial so that one of the
top pointers is pointed at the RA of the object to be viewed....
then tighten set screw... and then losen the mount lock screw and
rotate the scope so that the Lower pointer on the lower half of the
mount, under the RA dial points to LST. the numbers increase clockwise
as viewed from the north side of the scope
so when the scope rotates clockwise on the mount (east to west when
looking south) the pointer on the lower part UNDER the RA dial points
to ever DECREASING numbers!!!

Im a newbe here, but shouldnt the numbers be INCREASING as LST INCREASES
and the scope swings east to west as I manualy track the object.
(viweing the southern sky.)

my geographic local is 89°27"W x 38°23"N
a little town in southern Illinois. USA

the RA dial is LOCKED to the moving part of the mount( does not move,
uless the scope moves).

the Lower pointer stays stationary with the ground. and points to an ever DECREASING
number as I manualy track an object.

How do I even know where to set LST if this thing is backwards.
the scale does not go both ways around, the botom numbers are for RA
angle. (i dont know how to use them either. )

this is what my RA dial would look like if you could unroll it and lay
it flat.
-- CCW as viewed from the top --
Top
top pointer * (locked to dial) objects RA
0 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 5 4 3 2 1
Lower Pointer * ( stays aligned with directions )
Bottom
the botom pointer is what is sapose to read the LST. but it dont. it seams backwards.

the top pointer does not "MOVE" against dial, unless you move the
dial itself, it has a set screw.

the botom pointer is fixed to the lower part of the mount, and the
dial moves againts it, with the scope.

someone educate me please.
C2P02