Atheism and Evidence

Old May 4th 09, 07:42 PM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
[email protected]

Default Atheism and Evidence

Atheism and Evidence

The problem with the realist/superstitious
controversy (as opposed to the secularism/
faith debate... which is strictly speaking
one of a political power-struggle over who
will direct society), is that THERE REALLY
IS NO GOD. Therefore a statement like the
one above ["there is no god"] always resolves
to a merely/purely personal testimony!!!

e.g. how in the heck can the atheist "KNOW"
there is no god IF HE'S NEVER FOUND HIM!
At worst, the atheist is doomed to an eternity
of futilely looking for Him... "Found Him yet?"
"... not yet. Still looking, though--"

The opposite, of course, is also just as true.
In other words, "there is a god" also resolves
to a merely/purely personal testimony:

Ask such a believer how he/she KNOWS there
is a god and they're likely to tell you "because
the flowers bloom in the spring" or some such
nonsense. Well, "No. That's manu Manure,
not god, is why the flowers bloom in the spring,
plus more Sun, et al."

The problem here is self-evident then:

If the believer KNOWS there is a god
he/she hath killed FAITH (in god). [The
only upside here is that maybe he/she
had a nice brunch with Him ...]

What both "witnesses" are saying is:
Believer: "I KNOW there is a god!"
Atheist: "I KNOW there is no god."

And both testimonies are equivalent: lies.

My advice is to study the brain's ultimate
function--which is to solve problems, to
overcome them. [And yet there are so many
problems in the world which no human brain
will ever solve/overcome... both simple
and complex (problems) too.]

So I wonder what might result from the
human brain not being able to overcome
all those unresolvable problems which
God now resolves so easily via a simple
transaction (prayer by another name).

I often tell people how "I know there is
no god but I still pray to him" and they tell
me they have no idea what I'm talking about.
(Which is incomprehensible to me, of course,
since THAT is the universal experience!)

Well, I have often spoken with persons who
swear to me (by God) they are truly atheists.
But then we get around to what's going on in
his/her brain when driving towards a distant
green light ... on a morning when they are very
late for a very important appointment ...

And then they know what I'm talking about:

Only a "robot" can be a true atheist--the rest
of us are forever bound to a personal dialogue
with with our universal alter-ego (GOD).

God is a very neat invention of the human brain.
It's when morons are allowed to define God
that we get into all sorts of trouble with God
(especially if when we allow psychopaths like
Mohammed to define God, then blood hell).

S D Rodrian
http://poems.sdrodrian.com
http://physics.sdrodrian.com
http://MP3s.sdrodrian.com

All religions are local.
Only science is universal.

..

Old May 4th 09, 09:19 PM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
[email protected]

On May 4, 11:42*am, wrote:

All religions are local.
Only science is universal.

He's baaack..! Interesting related ditty here-
http://discovermagazine.com/2009/may...e-space-cosmos

Old May 4th 09, 09:52 PM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
Double-A[_3_]

How did S. D. Rodrian find alt.astronomy?

This is not good.

Double-A

Old May 4th 09, 09:55 PM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
[email protected][_2_]

On May 4, 1:42*pm, wrote:
[...]

io
* Only a "robot" can be a true atheist--the rest
* of us are forever bound to a personal dialogue
* with with our universal alter-ego (GOD).
wh
God is a very neat invention of the human brain.

God is no invention ; there isnt a person on earth who doesnt know ,
intrinsically, that a personal Designer/Creator is necessary for what
we have before us (and inside us for that matter) . If you as 'an
atheist' believe that a personal Designer/Creator isnt necessary then
you have to resort to the absolute absurd desperate philosophy that
the scientifically verified 250+ Physics Constants of our Universe
AKA: Anthropics which are so meticulously finetuned it is near
incomprehensible , which are ALL needed SIMULTANEOUSLY (since each
depends on one another for their own sustainence) ... just happened
to come along by purely natural and accidental means . There isnt one
person who calls himself 'an atheist' who can force himself to really
believe this because it just requires too much faith in the absurd
because we all know what constitutes a Designer . When this dilemna
is brought before the willful 'atheist' , his only option is to try to
avoid the issue/take the granduer of Creation for granted day after
day/ and-or resort to personal attacks of the Messenger who brought
it to light. (if there are any replies to this post of mine, it will
bear out what ive just asserted ). Ergo, the atheist is faced with
the age old question ... Why dont you want God to exist for you
personally ? . It isnt due to lack of evidence thats for sure, so,
we can hence speculate what such reason(s) might be if you like and if
it isnt too uncomfortable to do so . As a former 'atheist'., thats
what I had to come to terms with. Regards.
Old May 4th 09, 10:26 PM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
[email protected]

On May 4, 1:52*pm, Double-A wrote:
How did S. D. Rodrian find alt.astronomy?

This is not good.

SDR made a grand and splashy entry here 01 Jan. 2000 with his bequest
to the new millenium and was a prolific poster for a few years, then
dwindled off to just an occasional 'hit' once in a while.

Old May 4th 09, 10:48 PM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
BradGuth

On May 4, 1:55*pm, " wrote:
On May 4, 1:42*pm, wrote:

[...]

*wh
[...]

I can buy into ET ID, because not much of anything else makes sense.
At the very least complex microbes and spores via panspermia came into
our environment, and from time to time are still arriving (most
recently from Venus).

~ BG
Old May 4th 09, 10:50 PM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
BradGuth

On May 4, 11:42*am, wrote:
[...]

.

Here in Usenet/newsgroups (aka Google/NOVA Groups), pretend-Atheism is
universal.

~ BG
Old May 5th 09, 03:08 AM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
Ken

On May 4, 2:48*pm, BradGuth wrote:

At the very least complex microbes and spores via panspermia came
into
our environment, and from time to time are still arriving (most
recently from Venus).

*~ BG

The surface temperature of which averages about 464 °C (867°F). alters
very little between the night and day sides of planet and, for that
reason, Venus should be considered quite sterile
Old May 5th 09, 03:17 AM
yuqingeng2007 yuqingeng2007 is offline
Junior Member

Post adult joke10

Death of al-ZarqawiMore news coming about the death of al-Zarqawi. They say he died from complication of his lungs. They say he was smoking when they found him. Not cigarettes, he was actually smoking.alkaliWaste water treatmentWater treatment chemicals
__________________
Poly aluminium Chloride
Old May 5th 09, 03:00 PM posted to uk.philosophy.atheism,gac.physics.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.planetarium
[email protected][_2_]

On May 4, 4:48*pm, BradGuth wrote:
On May 4, 1:55*pm, " wrote:

On May 4, 1:42*pm, wrote:

[...]

*~ BG- Hide quoted text -

So then there is an Intelligent source for first life which can only
come from personal Intelligent Beings ? Where did the Intelligent
Beings come from ?