Rosamond Report

Old July 5th 04, 07:42 PM
starlord

Default Rosamond Report

Weekend of 4/3-4/04

I had wanted to go out starting friday night,
but a big t-storm that was 100 miles away started
braking up and it sent a wave of clouds that
covered the whole area including here in Rosamond.
Didn't clear up until real early in the AM.

On the 3rd another t-storm had formed, but this one
didn't get as big and it's wave of clouds where thinner
and didn't stop me at all. It was slow for me, had early
on some teens looking at Jupiter, which was So-So as the
t-storm had left a layer of bad air behind it.

Most of the people where going to the fireworks stand that
WAS ON THE FOSTER FREEZE parking lot ( wonder what they paid
him for rent ).

Sunday just after setting up, one older man came over and talked
a bit, about how he lived way outside of town and how in the
last few years, people have built homes near him and every one
of them have put up those blasted glairing lights that are on
all night long. He doesn't get to use his 6in EQ mounted scope
that much anymore because of them.

Later on a man parked by the pay phones and for most of the rest
of the time I was there, he watched, looked, and talked with me.
He'll retire within the next year and then head out of Calif. to
settle down someplace. One Black man and his wife stopped by about
10pm, ( I'm staying set up later now ) and while Jupiter was not a
good image, being only about 10 degrees above the hills, I switched
over to the double's in the big dippers handle and they both loved
seeing the stars there. I wanted to show the gold/blue ones near
Vega, but I'm just not ben able to get them just yet this year, may
set up in the fild tonight and hunt those down and mark their
area. This man/wife have only been up here 6 months and he'd seen
me out before but han not stopped, he said he'll come more offen now.

Oh ya, Sunday night FF closed at 8pm, so I had darker skys and stayed
set up until almost midnight. Just befor closing down, the guy who'd
been talking to me, the moon came up over a roof and I was able
to show him that as the last view of the night.