Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer Bert's Prediction!

Old February 5th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell
§ñühw¤£f

Default LITS ALERT: Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer ...

Painius pinched out a steaming pile
:

"§ñühw?£f" wrote in message...
freenews.net...

You *dont* get it out of your head.
You stop and offer to be a witness, since its your civic duty to

report
whatever you saw to the cops during an accident.
Your testimony might be crucial to whatever legal actions follow as
your veiwpoint might have been the only one from that particular
vantage point and angle.
IOW: you need to volunteer that info to the cops.
FYI
HTH

and also...

"Kali" wrote in message...
.. .
In ,
Painius said:

[...]

: The guard, the tow-truck driver and a couple
: of others waited for me to pass so they could
: cross the road. After i passed the group, the
: 18-wheeler rig passed me going the other way.
: I looked in my rearview mirror and watched as
: the security guard tumbled and rolled under
: the rear wheels of the fully loaded dump truck.
:
: How do you get something like that out of your
: head?
:
: (Yo, that's a rhetorical... i don't mean to burden
: anybody, sorry. Thank you for listening)

It's not entirely rhetorical. You are not likely to ever forget
what happened, but you can recover from the shock, probably
within 6 months or less. It's not something you are used to
dealing with every day, so it takes a while for your limbic
system (emotion, memory) to process the event. Talk about it
with people you trust who can support you emotionally, and write
about it in your private journal. Do whatever you can civically
- serve as a witness, talk to other people who were there.
You'll be ok, give yourself some time.

Kali
--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"

Thank you, Kali and §ñühw?£f, this is all very
sensible help. I did stop to assist, and it was a
good thing because cars and trucks were still
moving past the security guard just inches from
his bleeding head. There were already two men
administering first aid, as well as numerous
people gathering nearby as people often do. For
their safety, I put an immediate stop to vehicle
traffic through the area until the EMT's arrived.

The first officer on the scene helped with the
first aid and asked us all a lot of questions to
find out what had happened. I told him and
an emergency officer what i had seen. The man
was still alive when they put him in a rescue
van, but another security guard told me later
that the man didn't make it.

Well that sucks

I just found out that he didn't die, but he's in
a coma at a local hospital. And he wasn't 40ish,
but instead he's a "well preserved" 74 yo. His
wife seems to think he'll pull through, because
he's battled and beaten cancer and other stuff.
His most recent personal tragedy was the death
of his daughter last Nov.

Theres still hope then

I *have* been talking about it with others. It's
interesting that none so far have personally
witnessed such a thing. They've seen victims
after a crash and such, but nobody thus far has
actually seen such a thing happen as it happens.
I didn't really expect it to have this much of an
impact on me. I guess nobody ever expects it.

"Its important for you to believe that it cant happen here"
- Frank Zappa

Thank you again for the advice, ya'll. I can't
wait till time finally does its thing.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Well you did the right and honorable thing CITIZEN!

Old February 5th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.flame,alt.snuh
Jade hasn't said anything about this nym yet...

Default Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer ...

Art Deco wrote:

Painius wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message...
The Secretary of HomIntern ó wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:37:03 +0000, Painius k'lamed:
"Art Deco" wrote...
Double-A wrote:
On Jan 25, 5:25 pm, Art Deco wrote:
Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:
"Painius" wrote:

But you won't do this 'cause it's not your style! No, *your*
style is to tear into things you think you have no power to
understand.
You are always underestimating yourself. If you stay "here"
much longer, you'll find that we just will not let you continue
getting away with this.

There is nothing to understand. You have nothing that makes any
quantitative predictions - you merely take a particular issue in
physics, utter some word salad and claim it "explains the issue".

Never have I seen anything even resembling science from the
saucerheads,
because I suspect they either lack the ability to make predictions
that are testable, or know that any attempt to put meat on the
bones will expose the weakness of your position.

But please, I DO so look forward to you "not letting me get away
with
this".There is a fairly well-known psychology paper that is a
particularly
apt description of the saucerheads' condition:

J. Kruger, D. Dunning, "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How
Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated
Self-Assessments," J. Personality & Soc. Psych. 77 (6) 1121-1134,
1999.

Abstract:
"People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in
many
social and intellectual domains. The authors suggest that this
overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in
these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach
erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their
incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it.
Across 4 studies, the authors found that participants scoring in
the bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly
overestimated their test performance and ability. Although their
test scores put them in the 12th percentile, they estimated
themselves to be in the 62nd. Several analyses linked this
miscalibration to deficits in metacognitive skill, or the capacity
to distinguish accuracy from error. Paradoxically, improving the
skills of participants, and thus increasing their metacognitive
competence, helped them recogize the limitations of the abilities."

Note, however, with regard to the final sentence, that the
saucerheads
have demonstrated that attempting to help them improve their skills
is
a fruitless endeavor.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Seems you're suffering from this condition yourself, Art, since you
mistakenly think you are competent enough to set yourself up as a
judge of other people's competences on Usenet.

Your attempted diversion with a massive IKYABWAI failed.

Oh NO, Mother, AA succeeded with flying colors. What exactly *are*
your
credentials for giving out all those cute li'l awards? Do you think
that
having lots and lots of gooselings 'n sockpuppets gives you the right

Any evidence that I have "lots and lots" of sockpuppets, painsnuh?

Note: no evidence, the saucerhead claim fails.

still chasing "saucerheads" when you're supposed to be testing the PV
arrays?

http://netkooks.org/osterwald

And as for the other bit of lame there, if you had even the barest
thread of clue you might realize that your obsessive delusion that I am
somehow the leader of AUK is silly. But again, one tends to forget
that the elite pseudoscience lamers see the world through
saucerhead-colored glasses.

Note: no response.

be judge and jury over anybody you please?

Poor painsnuh, he desperately wants to give his kook awards back.

You appear to have a very low opinion of the process of speculation
and
its importance to the science of astronomy. So before we can kowtow
to your esteemed low opinion, we must know just what it is in your
background
that gives you the right to be such a stark-raving pahtooteynine
demondick?

For your perusal, Teh Way of Teh K00k, in my .sig. Everyone is guilty of
one or two of these flaws, maybe even three or four; k00ks have many of
them.

painsnuh is in the final stages of terminal denial, he won't understand.

Phineas you ignorant slut...

This was stupid and tired right after the second time you lamed it.

Oh,yeah, i'm in denial alright. I'm in the final
stages of denying even the remotest credibility
anywhere at, near or around the other two
newsgroups xposted to.

Clueless.

You're just plain fulla

****,

Mother Gaboose!

Does frootbag support your laming abilities via email?

--
jade hasn't said anything about my new sig, either.

Old February 9th 07, 05:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

You're a mighty DIM BULB, frootie!

Saul Levy

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:53:35 -0500, nightbat
wrote:

Seems right and our Saul acts like one of those fun on again
off again holiday twinkle lights that are whimsical, you know that work
in series and that are only as good as the weakest bulb, and Saul can't
seem to find the burned out one, oh mercy!

100w on,
the nightbat

Old February 10th 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

No lightning yet, BEERTbrain, as I already told WartPlug! Groundless
only to wacko nutjob ossifers like you bunch of saucerheads!

Nice quote of whatever it was that I was thinking!

Saul Levy

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:25:52 -0500, (G=EMC^2
Glazier) wrote:

nightbat right you are Cactus Saul must have been standing under one of
those tall cactus tree and hit by lightning. It blew the main fuse to
his brain. He needs an MIR,or brain scanner. I notice even his negative
posts give great evidence to the reality of this. They clearly show his
thinking is groundless Bert

Old February 10th 07, 10:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Warhol[_1_]

Well I just found the Picture of My Gran'da'dy with Queen Fatima and little
baby Warhol and the Red Haired beauty with the scroll in her hands...

and the great thing I really look like King Arthur as two drops of Water...

Watch the first Image of the King and the Queen with Baby His fiance with
the sealed scroll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF2eY...elated&search=

Can someone help me to find the source of this Icon?

Old February 12th 07, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Religion has ANY consistency?

Saul Levy

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:30:09 +0000, Phineas T Puddleduck
wrote:

In article .com,
"John Zinni" wrote:

Ignorance is a lot like insanity... it ain't easy to
realize you are, if you are! The insane just go on
thinking they're sane, and the ignorant, like you,
just go on thinking they're informed.

Wow!!! Students take note ... Look up "IRONY".

Yep. Painius thinks that science involves picking and choosing things,
and then making up stories that explain them. Its like a religion, minus
any sort of self consistency.

At least religions have a canon.

Old February 13th 07, 06:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

If any of those pics show Sil, then I'm a fat old black chick,
frootie! I don't think so...

Saul Levy

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:06:21 -0500, nightbat
wrote:

Top Secret---Caution: for Adult Science Officers Only

Download Refresh as necessary

See:
http://www.chickenofthesea.com/news_4.aspx

Darla:
http://www.lair2000.net/Mermaid_Pict...oad4/4mm14.jpg

And cutie Sil now on base Venus just dreaming of the nightbat:
http://www.lair2000.net/Mermaid_Pict...oad4/4mm48.jpg

And Princes Sil on her Sean heavenly throne beckoning the nightbat
http://www.lair2000.net/Mermaid_Pict...oad4/4mm13.jpg

And:
http://www.lair2000.net/Mermaid_Pict...oad4/4mm19.jpg

Luigi's beach babe---real or memorex:
http://www.lair2000.net/Mermaid_Pict...oad4/4mm09.jpg

For all the boys---take your pick:
http://www.lair2000.net/Mermaid_Pict...oad4/4mm01.jpg

Eternal youthful and playful Seans waiting for us on Joy Island:
http://www.lair2000.net/Mermaid_Pict...oad4/4mm47.jpg

oh boy,
the nightbat

Old February 13th 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Default Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer ...Sean Pics

Please land on the White House lawn! If they take out the WH, too
bad!

Saul Levy

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:11:24 -0500, nightbat
wrote:

Officers, prepare for Starship debarkation possible landing of
net Star Seans. The world news reported O'Hare scout ship was most
possibly for Captain Ollie reconnaissance safe landing zone evaluation.
Have those Team Officer Glow Shirts and Glow Caps ready, look sharp, we
are ready!

on station alert,
the nightbat

Old February 14th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Saul Levy wrote:
If any of those pics show Sil, then I'm a fat old black chick,
frootie! I don't think so...

Saul Levy

nightbat

Shame on you Saul, you say that like it's a bad thing. Oprah
is loved by millions and also my personal nanny hired by my wealthy
family lovingly baby raised the 1947 nightbat by such a nice caring lady
like that. Wake up Saul, the Seans are reportedly the most lovely beings
in the whole Universe, for they can purportedly mold shape shift into
your wildest dream desires. You need to get out more from that nursing
or assisted desert home you've been locked up in and join the most
bravest and noble Team of researchers the Profound Earth Science Team
Officers. We'll help you make your get away, and when the Seans
hopefully get here help you advanced knowledge rejuvenate those aging
neurons and male attributes so you can handle all those expected
incoming luscious multi millennium stunning evolved Mermaid beauty Sean
vixens.

This just isn't another old boys elite science men's club Saul,
cause it's the most profound net Maverick one going eternal youthful via
the reported net advanced lovely Seans. Come on, we're the World's
science research best, first contact original and Sean Starship ready.
Get with the advanced program or get left behind.

IBO administration,
the nightbat

Old February 14th 07, 01:41 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Saul Levy wrote:

Please land on the White House lawn! If they take out the WH, too
bad!

Saul Levy

nightbat

Keep up Saul, cause his honor the US President is now part of
the honorary profound Science Team. The White House is safe cause the
Seans are the good protective Star Sean Race and it's the ugly Gray's
the space outlaws. With the Pro Pocket UFO detectors, Universal Galaxy
Pocket Mapper, nightbat Decoder Rings, Captain nightbat Glow Team Shirts
and Caps, action planetary sure grip exploring boots, Officer DRILL
phasers, Comm instant FTL interphasers, always clean real cotton or
dress silk Team underwear, Uranus underground Star base security pass,
Universal Officer unlimited Federation issued Platinum credit cards,
Officer Starship open bar privileges, and trained net auk bellhops, the
Team is set, join us or by your own choice rot in the desert and be left
behind.

wrote:

Officers, prepare for Starship debarkation possible landing of
net Star Seans. The world news reported O'Hare scout ship was most
possibly for Captain Ollie reconnaissance safe landing zone evaluation.
Have those Team Officer Glow Shirts and Glow Caps ready, look sharp, we
are ready!

on station alert,
the nightbat

Coffeeboys - denying reality since day one -- nightbat
"Doctor, what do we do with these clueless auk orphans?"
"Put them with the rest of the born losers"