Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer Bert's Prediction!

Old February 3rd 07, 04:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.physics
Phineas T Puddleduck

Default Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer ...

In article ,
The Demon Prince of Absurdity wrote:

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 00:25:29 -0800, The Ghost In The Machine did the
cha-cha, and screamed:
In sci.physics, Phineas T Puddleduck wrote
on Sat, 03 Feb 2007 03:03:03 +0000
Art Deco wrote:

Painius has really outdone himself in the illucidity stakes recently.
It seems
one comes back and argues a bit, gets kicked about and goes illucid -
then disappears to leave the other to come back for some...

And with the temerity of calling other people "ignorant".

In the beginning his posts are long, rambling and filled to the brim
with nonsense masquerading as science. As each point gets shown as the
idiocy it is, he slowly and inexorably returns to the lame as the posts
get shorter...

What is this, a character in a Stanislaw Lem short in _Star Diaries_?
:-)

Pretty much. One can hope, at least, that he's just doing the character,
not living it.

Part of me wants to believe that people truly aren't as stupid as the
saucerhead lot. Well the idealistic side of me does, the realistic side just
reminds me to re-read his posts.

--
Saucerheads - denying the blatantly obvious since 2000.
Old February 3rd 07, 04:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.physics
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

In sci.physics, Phineas T Puddleduck

wrote
on Sat, 03 Feb 2007 03:03:03 +0000
:
In article ,
Art Deco wrote:

Painius has really outdone himself in the illucidity stakes recently. It
seems
one comes back and argues a bit, gets kicked about and goes illucid -
then
disappears to leave the other to come back for some...

And with the temerity of calling other people "ignorant".

In the beginning his posts are long, rambling and filled to the brim with
nonsense masquerading as science. As each point gets shown as the idiocy it
is,
he slowly and inexorably returns to the lame as the posts get shorter...

What is this, a character in a Stanislaw Lem short in _Star Diaries_?
:-)

Now be careful. Introducing intelligent comments in a saucerhead thread will
get you flamed as they claim they thought of it first ;-)

--
Saucerheads - denying the blatantly obvious since 2000.
Old February 3rd 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.physics
The Ghost In The Machine

In sci.physics, Phineas T Puddleduck

wrote
on Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:46:06 +0000
:

Art Deco wrote:

Painius has really outdone himself in the illucidity stakes recently. It
seems
one comes back and argues a bit, gets kicked about and goes illucid -
then
disappears to leave the other to come back for some...

And with the temerity of calling other people "ignorant".

In the beginning his posts are long, rambling and filled to the brim with
nonsense masquerading as science. As each point gets shown as the idiocy it
is,
he slowly and inexorably returns to the lame as the posts get shorter...

What is this, a character in a Stanislaw Lem short in _Star Diaries_?
:-)

Now be careful. Introducing intelligent comments in a saucerhead thread will
get you flamed as they claim they thought of it first ;-)

They did -- Stanislaw Lem's quite dead now, AFAIK. :-)

#191,
Useless C++ Programming Idea #8830129:
std::set... v; for(..:iterator i = v.begin(); i != v.end(); i++)
if(*i == thing) {...}

Old February 3rd 07, 08:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

Default LITS ALERT: Age of Universe Edges Closer to Officer ...

"Art Deco" wrote in message...
Painius wrote:
"Art Deco" wrote in message...
Painius wrote:
wrote in message...
legroups.com...

Yo Paine

I'm gonna "test the waters" by posting for the first time using the
DSL/Windows rig, since such a big issue has been made of using the
Webtv. The old rig did yeoman duty for years as a 100% efficient
spamjammer, allowing the new rig to remain untouched by spam. Windows
*suposedly* has very robust spam filters, so we'll see.

The recent dialog er, imbroglio with the Duck was *very* revealing and
eye-opening to the intensity and zeal of the VS-ers' worldview. Such
an up-close and personal encounter with it really drives it home. They
do believe avowedly in the "geometry-as-cause, gravity is a pseudo-
force" explanation of gravity. And apparently they see no conundrum in
declaring space to be pure void on the one hand, and on the other hand
claiming, by virture of its geometry/distortion, it accomplishes the
herculean tasks of gravity. Seeing the stark contrast between the VS
worldview and the true mechanism of gravity gives even greater
appreciation for the latter. And the Sun and stars shine even brighter
in the firmament.

The Duck has been hollering that Wolter is a fictitious character,
which he assuredly was not. Insofar as his FS-gravity model, which was
a mere 'sidebar' of the larger CBB model, one can forget Wolter..
because others, working independantly and without collaboration, have
deduced _exactly_ that same mechanism. I.e., a monopolar,
omnidirectional, "reverse starburst" flow of a *literal* medium,
pressure-driven and accelerating into mass, with mass synonymous with
flow sink.

Over the years, links to the webpages of Lindner, Shifman, Paxton and
Warren have been posted here (and recently, H.G. Ellis, a 'mainstream'
scientist). Warren has periodically updated his site, as seen here,
replete with the attendant math as usual -

http://www.olypen.com/hcwarren/

As a 'sidebar', he also goes into discussion of the Casimir effect and
is saying essentially the same thing we've been saying here- that it
demonstrates the unification of gravity and the subnuclear forces.

OK Windows, do your stuff and show how efficient your spam filters
are.
oc

This works fine, Bill. I guess the one posting
medium you were using was a little harder to
respond to, because it wouldn't format the
quoted parts properly. It took a few seconds
to correct the formatting, but that wasn't that
big a deal...

Unless of course you're a klo0less ko0k koPp
who's too idle-brained to take a few millisecs
to reformit, and so ****-brained he's gotta
actually post as if it's a big deal. Wattaho0t!

Mother Go0se and Duckstuff is a single-celled
glob of precambrian smegmaskum!

*ding*

Nice haet lits, CotM nominee.

Phineas you ignorant slut...

Glad to see you're finally coming around, Mother.

Your new obsessive burning desire for me to
continue to call you Mother Goose is noted. Ne'er
fear, you cute li'l ho, you are hereby dubbed...

Mother Goose !!!

...until the end of ee****internity!

Ownership noted, fanboi.

Hmm... and here all along i thought it was
highly illegal to own silly old guys. Waitasec...
yeah, yup, it is definitely a felony to declare
any kind of possession, ownership, etc. of silly
old farts!

While we're working all this out, what should i
call you now? Lessee, how 'bout...

Massuh Goose?

or maybe...

Massuh Mother Goose?

Hey, mebbe...

Massuh Mammy Goose!

Oh, Massuh, the choices are endless!

"We are ne'er so emancipated... as when we
are owned by ko0ks!"
an0nym0use

On a more serious note, Art... yesterday, i
saw a man get killed, run over by one of those
tractor trucks, a fully loaded 18-wheeler dump
truck. So forgive me if i sit out the next few,
be a wallflower for awhile, so to speak.

Don't worry, i still love you hugs 'n kisses
and will return to haunt you when i feel more
okay about this. So, L8RG8R & HAND.

--
TIME... can we *ever* get enough of it?!

Indelibly yours,
Paine
http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

Old February 3rd 07, 08:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
"Painius" wrote:

On a more serious note, Art... yesterday, i
saw a man get killed, run over by one of those
tractor trucks, a fully loaded 18-wheeler dump
truck. So forgive me if i sit out the next few,
be a wallflower for awhile, so to speak.

So you get a few digs in, and then expect a respite? mmmm sounds fishy.

--
Saucerheads - denying the blatantly obvious since 2000.
Old February 3rd 07, 08:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell
Art Deco[_5_]

Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:

In article ,
"Painius" wrote:

On a more serious note, Art... yesterday, i
saw a man get killed, run over by one of those
tractor trucks, a fully loaded 18-wheeler dump
truck. So forgive me if i sit out the next few,
be a wallflower for awhile, so to speak.

So you get a few digs in, and then expect a respite? mmmm sounds fishy.

It does -- he dumps a load of goose poop right before asking for
sympathy. If it is true, he has mine. I did find this recent story:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../archive/2000/
11/18/MN16467.DTL

--
"To err is human, to cover it up is Weasel" -- Dogbert
Old February 4th 07, 04:44 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"Art Deco" wrote in message...
Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:
In article ,
"Painius" wrote:

On a more serious note, Art... yesterday, i
saw a man get killed, run over by one of those
tractor trucks, a fully loaded 18-wheeler dump
truck. So forgive me if i sit out the next few,
be a wallflower for awhile, so to speak.

So you get a few digs in, and then expect a respite? mmmm sounds fishy.

It does -- he dumps a load of goose poop right before asking for
sympathy. If it is true, he has mine. I did find this recent story:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../archive/2000/
11/18/MN16467.DTL

--
"To err is human, to cover it up is Weasel" -- Dogbert

The "digs" i assure you were just a diversion,
to try to get my mind off what happened. but
it didn't work because i can't seem to get the
picture out of my head.

It was a 40-ish security guard crossing the
street with a tow-truck driver to commence
getting a vehicle pulled out of a ditch from an
earlier accident.

The guard, the tow-truck driver and a couple
of others waited for me to pass so they could
cross the road. After i passed the group, the
18-wheeler rig passed me going the other way.
I looked in my rearview mirror and watched as
the security guard tumbled and rolled under
the rear wheels of the fully loaded dump truck.

How do you get something like that out of your
head?

(Yo, that's a rhetorical... i don't mean to burden
anybody, sorry. Thank you for listening)

--
TIME!... to think, to love, to smell the flowers!

Old February 4th 07, 04:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell
§ñühw¤£f

Painius pinched out a steaming pile
:

"Art Deco" wrote in message...
Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:
In article Pi6xh.10103$Xq6.3505@bgtnsc04-

news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
"Painius" wrote:

On a more serious note, Art... yesterday, i
saw a man get killed, run over by one of those
tractor trucks, a fully loaded 18-wheeler dump
truck. So forgive me if i sit out the next few,
be a wallflower for awhile, so to speak.

So you get a few digs in, and then expect a respite? mmmm sounds

fishy.

It does -- he dumps a load of goose poop right before asking for
sympathy. If it is true, he has mine. I did find this recent

story:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-

bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/
11/18/MN16467.DTL

--
[...]

You *dont* get it out of your head.
You stop and offer to be a witness, since its your civic duty to report
whatever you saw to the cops during an accident.
Your testimony might be crucial to whatever legal actions follow as
your veiwpoint might have been the only one from that particular
vantage point and angle.
IOW: you need to volunteer that info to the cops.
FYI
HTH
Old February 4th 07, 06:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"§ñühw?£f" wrote in message...
reenews.net...

You *dont* get it out of your head.
You stop and offer to be a witness, since its your civic duty to report
whatever you saw to the cops during an accident.
Your testimony might be crucial to whatever legal actions follow as
your veiwpoint might have been the only one from that particular
vantage point and angle.
IOW: you need to volunteer that info to the cops.
FYI
HTH

and also...

"Kali" wrote in message...
In ,
Painius said:

[...]

: The guard, the tow-truck driver and a couple
: of others waited for me to pass so they could
: cross the road. After i passed the group, the
: 18-wheeler rig passed me going the other way.
: I looked in my rearview mirror and watched as
: the security guard tumbled and rolled under
: the rear wheels of the fully loaded dump truck.
:
: How do you get something like that out of your
: head?
:
: (Yo, that's a rhetorical... i don't mean to burden
: anybody, sorry. Thank you for listening)

It's not entirely rhetorical. You are not likely to ever forget
what happened, but you can recover from the shock, probably
within 6 months or less. It's not something you are used to
dealing with every day, so it takes a while for your limbic
system (emotion, memory) to process the event. Talk about it
with people you trust who can support you emotionally, and write
about it in your private journal. Do whatever you can civically
- serve as a witness, talk to other people who were there.
You'll be ok, give yourself some time.

Kali
--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"

Thank you, Kali and §ñühw?£f, this is all very
sensible help. I did stop to assist, and it was a
good thing because cars and trucks were still
moving past the security guard just inches from
his bleeding head. There were already two men
administering first aid, as well as numerous
people gathering nearby as people often do. For
their safety, I put an immediate stop to vehicle
traffic through the area until the EMT's arrived.

The first officer on the scene helped with the
first aid and asked us all a lot of questions to
find out what had happened. I told him and
an emergency officer what i had seen. The man
was still alive when they put him in a rescue
van, but another security guard told me later
that the man didn't make it.

I just found out that he didn't die, but he's in
a coma at a local hospital. And he wasn't 40ish,
but instead he's a "well preserved" 74 yo. His
wife seems to think he'll pull through, because
he's battled and beaten cancer and other stuff.
His most recent personal tragedy was the death
of his daughter last Nov.

I *have* been talking about it with others. It's
interesting that none so far have personally
witnessed such a thing. They've seen victims
after a crash and such, but nobody thus far has
actually seen such a thing happen as it happens.
I didn't really expect it to have this much of an
impact on me. I guess nobody ever expects it.

Thank you again for the advice, ya'll. I can't
wait till time finally does its thing.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--