Einstein

Old May 10th 05, 06:16 PM
Tom Kirke

Default Einstein

Somebody recently posted aquote from Einstein in which
he stated his disbelief in a personal god. Could you
please respost the reference?

Feel free to respond directly to me if you do not want
to waste BW.

Thanks,

tom

--
We have discovered a therapy ( NOT a cure )
for the common cold. Play tuba for an hour.
Old May 10th 05, 07:11 PM
Florian

Tom, maybe the quote you're thinking of is here...

http://condor.stcloudstate.edu/~lesi.../personal.html

-Florian

Old May 10th 05, 08:40 PM
Ed T

"Tom Kirke" wrote in message
Somebody recently posted aquote from Einstein in which
he stated his disbelief in a personal god. Could you
please respost the reference?

Its not surprising, his parents were secular Jews. He attended a Catholic
school for a few years but it's extraordinary strictness left him with a
distaste for authority.

Ed T.

Old May 11th 05, 04:33 AM
Mike

Its not surprising, his parents were secular Jews. He attended a
Catholic school for a few years but it's extraordinary strictness left him
with a distaste for authority.

Thank heaven. He managed to stay clear of the mind restricting influences
of religion.

Old May 11th 05, 05:13 AM
Mark F.

He was a person I would love to have talked to, BUT I would not let him in
the same room with my sister!

"Ed T" wrote in message
.net...

Old May 11th 05, 01:55 PM
Chris McMahan

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

This was actually a very interesting thread until this dreck was posted.

- Chris

"Mike" writes:

Its not surprising, his parents were secular Jews. He attended a
Catholic school for a few years but it's extraordinary strictness left him
with a distaste for authority.

Thank heaven. He managed to stay clear of the mind restricting influences
of religion.

--
(. .)
=ooO=(_)=Ooo========================
Old May 13th 05, 07:15 AM

Did not the shyster say "God has made me an authority unto myself" ?
The hair fit the head!

Jim G
c'=c+v

Old May 24th 05, 07:35 AM
Ronny

Belief is one thing. Admission or rejection of belief (publically)
another thing.
Worship is quite another thing. All humans worship something and
Einstein
was no exception. I hope this clarifies your thinking...

Ronny