an odd web site about alien contact

Old July 2nd 04, 01:04 AM
Star Carroll

Default an odd web site about alien contact

There is a curious mail 15 web site. This website is leaving people
completely convinced that contact with intelligent extraterrestrial
has already occurred. It is www.seti4.mail15.com

What do you think of it?

The theory that the web site presents is not absolutely new. Its
roots can be traced back to sometime before 1966, when the basic idea
was suggested as a possibility that should be researched, in
Intelligent Life in the Universe, by I.S. Shklovskii and Carl Sagan.
The idea is that contact was made between Sumerian villagers and
intelligent aliens thousands of years ago. Photos of certain
archaeological artifacts-- ancient art called cylinder seals謡ere
published in the 1966 book.

The evidence presented on that web site, though, seems to be light-
years more evolved than what Shklovskii and Sagan offered.

I found the web site to be so cogent and persuasive that I double
checked the archaeological evidence that the site shows. I just had
to look. (The web site gives academic references for each picture.) I
went by the museum library at the University of Pennsylvania. The
evidence is there, in photographs that match those on the web site.
It is eerie.

Please let me know your opinion about what to make of it.
Old July 2nd 04, 05:11 AM
Alfred A. Aburto Jr.

"Star Carroll" wrote in message

m...
There is a curious mail 15 web site. This website is leaving people
completely convinced that contact with intelligent extraterrestrial
has already occurred. It is www.seti4.mail15.com

What do you think of it?

The nine planets I think is just a coincidence. Consider for example that
even today we argue about Pluto (is it a planet or not).

Also, 11 "planets" are shown ... maybe some of those Kelper Belt Planetoids
(but there are alot of those apparently) ...

The planets seem to have different sizes. Why is that?
But they don't match up with the relative size of the Solar System planets
(some big planets are missing) ...

I think it is interesting, but that is about it ...

The theory that the web site presents is not absolutely new. Its
roots can be traced back to sometime before 1966, when the basic idea
was suggested as a possibility that should be researched, in
Intelligent Life in the Universe, by I.S. Shklovskii and Carl Sagan.
The idea is that contact was made between Sumerian villagers and
intelligent aliens thousands of years ago. Photos of certain
archaeological artifacts-- ancient art called cylinder seals謡ere
published in the 1966 book.

The evidence presented on that web site, though, seems to be light-
years more evolved than what Shklovskii and Sagan offered.

I don't think so ... I'd say it is pretty much as Shklovskii & Sagan
indicated back in 1966.