ED CONRAD FINALLY EATS SOME HUMBLE PIE

Old November 4th 11, 04:45 PM posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.fan.art-bell
Ed Conrads

Default ED CONRAD FINALLY EATS SOME HUMBLE PIE

I've just sent this e-mail of apology to Prof. Stephen Hawking at

It is strictly confidential, so don't dare read it (unless
you have written permission).

==================

Greetings, Professor Hawking:

As you might've heard, I screwed up royally by publishing a report
that you're dead.

I truly wish you wouldn't hold it against me.

As you well know, we all goof now and then -- which
is why, I suppose, they decided to put erasers on the backside of
pencils.

My erroneous report of your untimely passing was based on an obituary
I had read in The New York Times which only makes a mistake perhaps
every decade or so.

It reported on its Obituary page that a Stephen Hawking of Devonshire
had gone to the Great Beyond because of that terrible accident at the
London Zoo. Naturally, with the same name, I assumed it was you.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...2c2742c?hl=en&

Yes, I realize now that I acted too hastily and didn't double check --
but , as we say here in America, it's now water over the bridge.

I might add that what added to the confusion was the
hoax e-mail I received from you "in Heaven." (We all
know that's NOT where you're going to wind up for
insulting Pop by saying He doesn't exist.)

Again, concerning my terrible mistake about reporting
your death, I really wish you'll allow bygones to be bygones.

For your enjoyment, I have enclosed a very funny story
about how a lot of other people have been identified as being dead
when they really weren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ure_obituaries

Cordially,
Ed Conrad

http://www.edconrad.org

ps: Steve, If you're not too busy studying the Universe and Black
Holes, here's another Web page that
may arouse your curiosity.

http://www.edconrad.com