RIP Pat Flannery?

Old October 19th 11, 10:58 PM posted to sci.space.history
Clive Davenhall

Default RIP Pat Flannery?

19/10/11.

Is this *our* Pat Flannery?
http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/obituary/id/145730/

"Patrick C. Flannery, 54, Jamestown, died Monday, Oct. 3, 2011,
at his home."

This is very sad news indeed.

I've lurked here for years, and always looked out for Pat's posts:
knowledgeable on all sorts of obscure subjects; wonderful, inspired
flights of imagination and extremely funny. We never even exchanged
e-mail, let alone met, but I feel as though I've lost a friend.

A great loss. He will be much missed.

At least he's with the angels now (albeit purple-haired, silver-
suited ones)[1].

Clive.

[1] Though he may well have pointed out that, no, the Angels wore
white pressure suits not silver space suits and were 'Captain
Scarlet' not 'UFO' (except he'd have been wittier about it).

Clive Davenhall.

Old October 23rd 11, 01:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
Robert Clark[_2_]

On Oct 16, 8:52*am, David Spain wrote:
Alan Erskine wrote:
Has anyone told OM?

I'm not sure the best way to reach him. Maybe Scott Lowther can pass it along
to him if he hasn't already.

Or Henry Spencer for that matter?

I just sent Henry an email. I had posted this to the arocket list back on the
14th but it hasn't gone through yet.

Dave

I haven't seen it on Arocket as of Oct. 23rd. Perhaps you could
resend it.

Bob Clark
Old October 23rd 11, 04:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
Chris Jones

Robert Clark writes:

On Oct 16, 8:52Â*am, David Spain wrote:
Alan Erskine wrote:
Has anyone told OM?

I'm not sure the best way to reach him. Maybe Scott Lowther can pass it along
to him if he hasn't already.

Or Henry Spencer for that matter?

I just sent Henry an email. I had posted this to the arocket list back on the
14th but it hasn't gone through yet.

Dave

I haven't seen it on Arocket as of Oct. 23rd. Perhaps you could
resend it.

I do recall seeing it on AR over a week ago.
Old October 24th 11, 03:00 AM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Chris Jones wrote:
Robert Clark writes:

On Oct 16, 8:52 am, David Spain wrote:
I just sent Henry an email. I had posted this to the arocket list back on the
14th but it hasn't gone through yet.

I haven't seen it on Arocket as of Oct. 23rd. Perhaps you could
resend it.

I do recall seeing it on AR over a week ago.

Henry not only had seen it, he sent a copy back to me.

I suspect perhaps Arocket does not send back a copy to the originator?
That plus I did not cc myself plus if nobody responds to the email, then I
would not have seen it at all even though I posted it.

Dave
Old October 25th 11, 12:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries[_2_]

wrote:
Is this *our* Pat Flannery?
http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/obituary/id/145730/

"Patrick C. Flannery, 54, Jamestown, died Monday, Oct. 3, 2011, at his
home."

Pithy.

I really wish I hadn't seen this post, even though it's not much of a
surprise. He'd been unwell for some time, and I was always a bit amazed
at his ability to remain cheerful through it all.

So long, Pat. I will miss you.

Old October 26th 11, 04:54 AM posted to sci.space.history
B0b Mosley

On Oct 18, 1:09*am, Andrew Pettifer wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 14:54:54 +0000 (UTC), Marko K.

wrote:
I am mostly a lurker....but damn, this is very disconcerting.

Hey, yet another lurker here, checking in from Australia, I also
enjoyed Pats posts, he will
Certainly be missed.

Condolences to all who knew him.

Andrew

....Kids, is this 100% confirmed? Remember, it was just the other day
half of you thought *I* was dead.

Old October 26th 11, 05:57 AM posted to sci.space.history
Peter Stickney[_2_]

wrote:
I am mostly a lurker....but damn, this is very disconcerting.

Hey, yet another lurker here, checking in from Australia, I also
enjoyed Pats posts, he will
Certainly be missed.

Condolences to all who knew him.

Andrew

...Kids, is this 100% confirmed? Remember, it was just the other day
half of you thought *I* was dead.

Bob,
Nothing absolutely solid, but a lot of circumstantial evidence.
I don't think there were many Patrick Flannerys in his town.
Although I keep hoping that he'll pop up with a tale of
being abducted by a Giant Squid and ending up on an island
with Milla Jovovich.

Y'all be careful now, y'hear?

--
Pete Stickney
Failure is not an option
Old October 26th 11, 04:38 PM posted to sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:54:18 -0700 (PDT), B0b Mosley
wrote:

...Kids, is this 100% confirmed? Remember, it was just the other day
half of you thought *I* was dead.

We don't know, but each passing day suggests it was. The local paper
only printed a death notice, no obituary and the funeral home
identified in the death notice has no mention of Pat on its website.
I checked other funeral homes in the area and also came up empty.
Either this Pat Flannery had a very simple funeral, or his funeral
arrangements were handled elsewhere. I guess we'll just have to wait
and see.

Brian
Old October 26th 11, 06:02 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_3_]

wrote:
I am mostly a lurker....but damn, this is very disconcerting.

Hey, yet another lurker here, checking in from Australia, I also
enjoyed Pats posts, he will
Certainly be missed.

Condolences to all who knew him.

Andrew

...Kids, is this 100% confirmed? Remember, it was just the other day
half of you thought *I* was dead.

HOLY ****! Where the **** have you been??!!

Is there any way to confirm Pat's death? Maybe his brother?
Old October 26th 11, 08:57 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

*wrote:
I am mostly a lurker....but damn, this is very disconcerting.

Hey, yet another lurker here, checking in from Australia, I also
enjoyed Pats posts, he will
Certainly be missed.

Condolences to all who knew him.

Andrew

...Kids, is this 100% confirmed? Remember, it was just the other day
half of you thought *I* was dead.

HOLY ****! *Where the **** have you been??!!

Is there any way to confirm Pat's death? *Maybe his brother?- Hide quoted text -

anyone call the funeral home?