RIP Pat Flannery?

Old October 18th 11, 07:09 AM posted to sci.space.history
Andrew Pettifer

Default RIP Pat Flannery?

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 14:54:54 +0000 (UTC), Marko K.
wrote:
I am mostly a lurker....but damn, this is very disconcerting.

Hey, yet another lurker here, checking in from Australia, I also
enjoyed Pats posts, he will
Certainly be missed.

Condolences to all who knew him.

Andrew
Old October 18th 11, 12:48 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Oct 17, 11:58*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
(Harold Groot) wrote:
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:14:12 -0700, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

bob haller wrote:
having had a number of close calls, including one nearn death
experience I lost 13 pints of blood......

So you LOST three more pints of blood than the human body contains?
Yeah, I'd call that 'near death', all right.
Hint: *The average healthy male human body contains less than 11 pints
of blood.
This may, however, explain the obvious brain damage....

Now, now. *It is perfectly possible to "lose" that amount of blood in
total if you make it to the hospital still alive and they start
pumping lots of blood INTO you while you are still having blood flow
OUT of you. *At any given moment of time you might not be down more
than, say, 4 pints - but after they finally stop the bleeding and give
you enough blood to get you back to "normal", you find out that they
transfused 13 pints of blood into you during the whole procedure.

He said he LOST that much. *In English, that means he was DOWN that
much.

Hell, if they give you a slow leak and pump it in as it leaks out,
you're nowhere near death but you could 'lose' 100 gallons of blood.

That's not what most sensible people mean when they talk about how
much blood someone lost.

*territory."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --G. Behn- Hide quoted text -

I bled out my butt like a garden hose, had a lifeflight helicopter
ride, and very nearly died at 28...... they pushed blood... and gave
me many units of blood platets. to aid clotting the blood gushed out
between my legs, dripping on the floor.....

dr young who cared for me he was really glad i survived, its tough on
the staff when they lose people so young.....

i am 54 its hard to believe how fast that time went by... i spent many
days in the trauma unit........

I believe I got a look at heaven my BP tanked.....

this has helped when family and friends have died. what i saw was so
beautiful i wanted to go back there.....

i believe they are in a better place
Old October 18th 11, 12:51 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

wrote:

bob haller wrote:
[...]

i believe they are in a better place- Hide quoted text -

BTW I have divertlocsiis however thats spelled
Old October 18th 11, 02:45 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_3_]

On 18/10/2011 2:38 PM, Mike DiCenso wrote:
On Oct 17, 3:05 am, Alan wrote:

for Pat...

Can you imagine the opening line he'll come up with?

I think Pat will be too busy with those Venusian Fire Maidens they've
got lined up for him to come up with anything. ;-D
-Mike

Purple-haired ladies (U.F.O. television series) - Pat always loved them.
Old October 18th 11, 04:58 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
GordonD

ond.com...
On Oct 17, 3:05 am, Alan wrote:

for Pat...

Can you imagine the opening line he'll come up with?

I think Pat will be too busy with those Venusian Fire Maidens they've
got lined up for him to come up with anything. ;-D
-Mike

Purple-haired ladies (U.F.O. television series) - Pat always loved them.

Who can blame him?

http://www.moviemarket.com/Photos/P200550_C84597.html
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old October 18th 11, 11:57 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_3_]

On Oct 17, 3:05 am, Alan wrote:

for Pat...

Can you imagine the opening line he'll come up with?

I think Pat will be too busy with those Venusian Fire Maidens they've
got lined up for him to come up with anything. ;-D
-Mike

Purple-haired ladies (U.F.O. television series) - Pat always loved them.

Who can blame him?

http://www.moviemarket.com/Photos/P200550_C84597.html

ohhhhh.... heart goes 'flutter'... She was my favourite.
Old October 18th 11, 11:58 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_3_]

On 17/10/2011 11:55 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Oct 17, 3:56 am, Mike wrote:
Ah hell what miserable news to get today, and to see it sullied by
Haller's whining blathering no less......

So whats to complain about my post?

having had a number of close calls, including one nearn death
experience I lost 13 pints of blood......

ANY DAY may be our day might as well have some fun while were here,
and do some good while were here. plus no one lives forever........

Guys, be respectul of Pat, please.
Old October 19th 11, 05:41 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Bruce D. Scott

:
: So whats to complain about my post?
:
: having had a number of close calls, including one nearn death
: experience I lost 13 pints of blood......
:
: ANY DAY may be our day might as well have some fun while were here,
: and do some good while were here. plus no one lives forever........

: Guys, be respectul of Pat, please.

Many people who used to read the group more regularly will be saddened
to hear of this... anyone who has read him remembers warmly. He did
mention his situation in past years even in the middle of characteristic
mirth. Always keep it light and good luck to him in the next life.

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/
Old October 19th 11, 08:30 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Ken S. Tucker

wrote:

bob haller wrote:
[...]

From a stomach injury I lost ~ 8 #'s of blood, 4-5 I puked into
bags for weighing, and est. 3-4#'s down the pooper, was in and
out of consciousness, but could walk if I tried.
The white light becomes prominent, probably due to lack of BP.
The lack of BP gives one a false feeling of 'well being', I suppose
that would make a 'near death' experience enlightening.
IIRC a unit of blood is a pint and weighs about 1#.

The medics topped me up with 6 units and a few days rest in
ICU.
That occurred in Vernon BC, very well treated.
Ken