A human perspective on seans

Old February 2nd 10, 08:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Kiyo

Default A human perspective on seans

"Double-A" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 12:01 pm, BradGuth wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:49 am, Double-A wrote:

On Feb 2, 10:06 am, "Kiyo" wrote:

"Kiyo" wrote in message

ing.com...

Hello, my name is Kiyo, and I was born in Tokyo, Japan, in the year
1921.
I have been with the seans since the year 1944, when they rescued
me as my
aeroplane went down while I was targeting an enemy battleship.
I missed the ship entirely, but please -- no jokes about women
drivers!

Long ago, in a spiral arm far, far away (Sagittarius), a group of
people
who came to be known as "seans" began to explore beyond the
atmosphere and
confines of their planet.
The more they explored, the more they learned, and the more they
built.
They built structures everywhere, on other planets and their
satellites,
and structures in the vacuum as well.
As they progressed to the edge of their star and planet system,
they
realized that they would have to learn more about tapping
gravitational
energy if they wanted to explore even the nearest stars.

The seans harnessed this energy and began to build what might be
best
described as "velocity streams".
It took a great deal of time to build these streams, but along the
way
they had also learned how to extend their life spans to greater and
greater lengths.
Velocity streams enabled them to travel at speeds far faster than
EM
radiation relative to the normal vacuum.
So they would build a little, then explore a lot, build a little
more,
then explore some more.
These explorations fanned out slowly from their home star system
until
they had covered the entire width of the Sagittarius arm.

Then the seans proceeded into the dark areas, one between the
Sagittarius
arm and the Scutum-Crux arm, and one between the Sagittarius arm
and the
Perseus arm.
That second dark area is filled with very cold, very old dark stars
with
the relatively narrow and sparsely populated Orion bridge in
between.

One day purely by chance, the seans, who considered the Orion
bridge to be
just more of what they were used to seeing in their own Sagittarius
arm,
pulled out of their velocity stream in the vicinity of our Sun.
It was then, nearly 70 million years ago, that they discovered our
planet,
Earth.
At that time, the Earth was teeming with life, and more
importantly, with
oceans of water!
They saw Earth as an oasis in the midst of a desert-like vacuum.
So the seans began an intensive exploration and study of our
planet.

I will continue this in another post when I have more time.
If you're wondering what I'm leading up to, it is the report of the
missing crews.
I thought some of the details in that report would be easier to
understand
if some of the background information about seans were known
beforehand.
It would be greatly appreciated if you would respond to me with
civility.
By all means keep your skepticism UN-leashed, but please harness
any
semblance of beast that might dwell within you.

As you will remember several weeks ago, an exploration crew went
missing out
in the Cygnus arm.
The velocity stream to that arm had been recently completed (about
250,000
years ago), and the seans had always felt that they had ended it too
near to
that dusty, gassy area that marks the edge of the Milky Way galaxy.
The dust and gas forms a wide belt around the edge of the entire
galaxy.

To understand what happened, you must picture Earth and this Solar
system as
if you were in the "back seat" of the galaxy.
The Milky Way galaxy possesses directional motion AWAY FROM Earth's
present
night sky.
In the summertime, if you look up in the direction of the center of
the
galaxy, you are also looking in the direction that the Milky Way is
heading.
Now, just as the Solar system has a "bow shock" out in front of the
heliosphere as its motion takes it around the galaxy center, the
galaxy
itself has a gigantic bow shock out in front of it, also.
Associated with this bow shock is a "termination shock" on this side
of the
galaxy.

Very imaginative!

Where the seans are exploring, in the vicinity of the Cygnus arm and
part of
the Perseus arm, this termination shock can pack an unusual amount of
power.
Evidently, the exploration team came too close to that
termination-shock/dust-belt junction and succumbed to the enhanced
energies
of that area.

Sounds like the Columbia River "bar".

The rest of that first exploration team was scattered all over, and
when
this debris was discovered, only one of the crew was found alive.
That crewman eventually died and was taken to one of the Magellanic
clouds,
hopefully to be revived.
Darla then left for the Cygnus arm to survey the debris and search
for more
signs of the first team.
Then her crew went missing.
That is when the Proz left to join the search.
Silouen headed back in from the intergalactic area to help with the
search.
After finding no signs for several Earth days, the call went out to
all
seans in the area to help with the search, and Sember, Yubiwan, Lomie
and
others headed for the Cygnus arm.

We are all confident that Darla's crew will be found intact after a
brief
period.

The Proz is sending more data as I write this.
Okay, she says that the -- this is odd! -- they have discovered
several
huge, very old, very ancient orbs near the edge of the termination
shock.
From the evidence, she says that the orbs were left in that area to
protect
their builders in case they came to close to the energy junction.
The builders of these orbs are believed to predate the seans and
apparently
are no longer living here in this galaxy.
All of the orbs found so far are empty, but the Proz says there are
probably
more orbs on the other side of the termination shock, so that is
where she
is headed.

Oh, cross the termination shock. Now that's smart!

And Silouen has gone missing.

As of this time this is the latest information I have.
Thank you.

--
***** Kiyo
System Commander

Well, you know what they say about not throwing good money after bad.
Cutting your loses. If one man is in a sinkhole, he might pull three
others down with him. If one swimmer is drowning, sometimes his
attempted rescuers end up drowning with him. Why throw more good
seans after lost ones? Besides, if all these sean superiors of yours
are lost at space, might that not mean a promotion for you, Kiyo?

Double-A

Perhaps these seans are like ZNRs, having no qualms whatsoever about
sacrificing more of their own kind for their own greater good. After
all, they were here when others of their kind put Jesus Christ on a
stick, and just look at how wonderful that faith-based PR stunt turned
out.

~ BG-

I would think Kiyo would be first to volunteer to go on this perilous
mission. Perhaps then she could have a chance to redeem her lost
Japanese sense of honor for having failed in her WWII Kamikaze
mission! Any good Japanese warrior would have committed honorable
sepuku after having failed in such a mission to restore their honor in
death. That is probably why she could never return to Japan again.

Double-A

You know very little about me, Double-A, so you assume much.
I lost no "honor" when the seans rescued me.
The empire recognized me along with many others as having given the most one
can give.
My family received many honors from the empire for my action.
And contrary to your apparent beliefs, I have returned to Japan many times
to see my family.
I have stayed with them for long periods during the late forties and the
fifties.
They, and they only, knew I was there.

Also, I was not true kamikaze.
I was a trained aviator, but I had never trained for suicide missions.
And yet my family was treated very well, and in the same manner as all true
kamikaze aviators' families were honored.
When the war was over, I even visited the memorial in Pearl Harbor with my
family.
I go there as often as I can.
Apparently, you have no idea the depth of the guilt that the Japanese people
felt after the war.
We truly feel that we brought the outcome upon ourselves.

Of course, the young people today do not possess as much of this feeling,
for they do not remember it, they are only taught it.
And yet it is a memory and a guilt I will always carry with me.
I am proud to have served my country well enough for my family to have been
honored, yet I am shamed that it was the actions of the Japanese people that
caused Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and other supreme tragedies of the
war.

--
***** Kiyo
System Commander

Old February 2nd 10, 08:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Feb 2, 12:22*pm, "Kiyo" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Feb 2, 10:06 am, "Kiyo" wrote:
"Kiyo" wrote in message

ting.com...

[...]

From the evidence, she says that the orbs were left in that area to
[...]

Crossing the termination shock, when done carefully, is a calculated risk,
Double-A.

And what would I be promoted to?
Human "System Commander" is the highest rank in this Solar system.
And I would not want to leave to join other human civilizations just for a
promotion.
I don't think Ollie would want to leave, either.
Not now.
Maybe at some point far in the future, but not now.

Nor would I want anything bad to happen to the seans.
They may be playful with some of the tougher souls in this newsgroup, but
they truly are good people.
They are steeped in tradition, and I easily identify with that.
And yet they are always open to new things, new ideas, constructing things
never before built, exploring the unknown.
I myself have been to the Cygnus arm and have seen the galaxy from almost as
far away as Silouen was working.
The Milky Way is an AMAZING sight from that angle!
I hope for everyone who is interested to be able to see that someday.

It almost tickles me that photos are asked for.
If people are patient, and they work toward earning a place in the galactic
community, they will do better than mere photographs or films.
They will see the real things!

--
***** Kiyo
System Commander

I just can't get over how perfectly you have mastered the English
language for person of Japanese birth and upbringing. Our Charles
does pretty well with English, but even he says something non-
idiomatic from time to time, but you are expressing your self just
like someone born and raised in America! Is your diction computer
assisted? Of course, you have had 65 years to practice. Celebrating
the lunar new year soon? Do they allow sake on board? Firecrakers?
Hope you have a good one!

Double-A

Old February 2nd 10, 09:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Feb 2, 10:06 am, "Kiyo" wrote:

"Kiyo" wrote in message

[...]

From the evidence, she says that the orbs were left in that area to
[...]

I can understand how you might own up to taking responsibility for
Pearl Harbor, but for any Japanese to accept responsibility for
Hiroshima and Nagasaki is way too much to swallow!

Double-A
Old February 2nd 10, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Kiyo

"BradGuth" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 12:25 pm, "Kiyo" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Feb 2, 10:06 am, "Kiyo" wrote:
"Kiyo" wrote in message

ting.com...

[...]

From the evidence, she says that the orbs were left in that area to
[...]

Getting lost in space is not exactly a confidence building form of
sean PR.

Perhaps your group track safety record needs to be improved, so that
99.9999% of the time you don't get others lost in space. Even losing
one out of a million could be unacceptable, especially if it's your
butt or flipper that's lost.

~ BG

When one takes risks in a hazardous environment, such as the vacuum medium,
one must accept the possible outcomes.

Don't you ever take risks?
Are you so afraid of making a mistake? or of losing your life?
Life itself is a risky proposition.
Just ask the shadow people that Jughead's friend Wolter was on about; those
who were vaporized at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and all that was left of them
were their shadows on a wall or footstep.

The seans are unafraid to take risks in order to explore and learn more
about our galaxy.
Would you be so fearless as they?

--
***** Kiyo
System Commander

Old February 2nd 10, 09:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Feb 2, 10:06*am, "Kiyo" wrote:

"Kiyo" wrote in message

[...]

From the evidence, she says that the orbs were left in that area to protect
[...]

A number of Japs failed at taking their own lives. *This doesn't mean
that Kiyo was a bad person, perhaps just luckier than most to have
been rescued by those Sean Rothschilds that swim around while onboard
their 20 gallon/nm yachts.

*~ BG

The wartime Japanese Prime Minister, HidekiTojo, tried to commit
honorable hari-kari, but failed. At which time his political
detractors said, "He couldn't even do that right!" But he finally
ended up at the end of an Allied rope! Oh, not so honorable!

Double-A

Old February 2nd 10, 09:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Kiyo

"Double-A" wrote in message

On Feb 2, 10:06 am, "Kiyo" wrote:

"Kiyo" wrote in message

[...]

From the evidence, she says that the orbs were left in that area
[...]

If you "egg someone on", and then he strikes back and blacks your eye, is it
not you who are to blame?
The one who hit you can be held accountable for the hitting, but it was you
who CAUSED him to hit you.
So you were the CAUSE of the action.
This is the basis of Japanese warrior tradition.
One does not strike unless one is ready to be struck back.
Japan thought it was ready, thought it could win the war.
We were unprepared for the ferocity of the war-ending attacks.
But as the loser of the war, and as the striker of the first violent blow,
the Japanese people accepted full accountability for every tragedy of the
war in the Pacific theatre.
Swallow as little as you like, but that is the reality.

--
***** Kiyo
System Commander

Old February 2nd 10, 11:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Kiyo

"Double-A" wrote in message

I just can't get over how perfectly you have mastered the English
language for person of Japanese birth and upbringing. Our Charles
does pretty well with English, but even he says something non-
idiomatic from time to time, but you are expressing your self just
like someone born and raised in America! Is your diction computer
assisted? Of course, you have had 65 years to practice. Celebrating
the lunar new year soon? Do they allow sake on board? Firecrakers?
Hope you have a good one!

Double-A

Thank you very much, Double-A.
English is a very difficult language to master, at least as a second
language.
Your compliment seems heartfelt with just a bit of skepticism.
So! Forgive my pride, but I believe that I do much better with English than
someone born and raised in America!
My present level is more than three times the vocabulary of most native
English speakers in America.
That is enough of that; it seems that you bring out the "boast" in me!

I have little celebrations, personal ones, in my room.
When Ollie is here we also celebrate his favorite occasions.
There is access to spirits, yes, however I never imbibe such.
I do love fireworks!
I hope you have a good one, too!

--
***** Kiyo
System Commander

Old February 3rd 10, 12:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 2, 12:43*pm, "Kiyo" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

The hell you say; cloaked as a koi fish?

[...]

Japan was responding to our multiple aggressions and various kinds of
trade and banking corruption, including the taking of Hawaii.

~ BG

Old February 3rd 10, 01:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Kiyo

"BradGuth" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 12:43 pm, "Kiyo" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

Well, there was the oil embargo; that was the biggest punch.
Many of my people felt that this embargo itself was a declaration of war on
Japan by the United States.
And many considered the attack on Pearl Harbor to be a preemptive strike to
decrease the power of the United States in the Pacific.

I really didn't know all this at the time.
I was very busy flying missions in China against the likes of the Flying
Tigers led by Chennault.
Though I was not involved in the December 7th attack, I soon found myself
pulling carrier duty.
I never really developed a taste for the fighting, but I must have been a
pretty fair fighter, because I lasted much longer than the average aviator
in combat.

That is why the seans rescued me.
They truly do value a good warrior.
It is not because they ever go to war with anyone.
They are more advanced than any other known peoples in the galaxy.
Sember tells me that it is because the warrior's frame of reference is
crucial for the task of exploration.

--
***** Kiyo
System Commander