Turtles...In...Space!

Old February 3rd 10, 09:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Rick Jones[_3_]

Default Turtles...In...Space!

In sci.space.history Pat Flannery wrote:
Iran has shot two turtles, a mouse, and worms into space today from the
back of a pickup truck as the world trembled in fear; then it was time
to kiss the Koran and show off the new rocket engine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZoNd...ayer_embedded#
That single stage solid rocket doesn't look like it would have the umph
to get something into space.
It also looks a lot like a ex-Soviet Frog-7 missile.

They claiming simply to have shot them into space, or actually into
orbit? And if the former, what is Iran's definition of the beginning
of space?

rick jones
--
I don't interest myself in "why." I think more often in terms of
"when," sometimes "where;" always "how much." - Joubert

Old February 4th 10, 02:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Paul A. Suhler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnZo...ayer_embedded#
That single stage solid rocket doesn't look like it would have the umph
to get something into space.
It also looks a lot like a ex-Soviet Frog-7 missile.

So when ground control asked, "Are you a turtle?" how
did the mouse respond?

Paul
Old February 4th 10, 03:15 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_780_]

"Paul A. Suhler" wrote in message
In sci.space.history Pat Flannery wrote:
Iran has shot two turtles, a mouse, and worms into space today from the
back of a pickup truck as the world trembled in fear; then it was time
to kiss the Koran and show off the new rocket engine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnZo...ayer_embedded#
That single stage solid rocket doesn't look like it would have the umph
to get something into space.
It also looks a lot like a ex-Soviet Frog-7 missile.

So when ground control asked, "Are you a turtle?" how
did the mouse respond?

"You bet your sweet ass I am."

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old February 4th 10, 09:10 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Rick Jones wrote:

They claiming simply to have shot them into space, or actually into
orbit? And if the former, what is Iran's definition of the beginning
of space?

Just into space, although they also displayed three new satellites today.
As for where Iran considers space to start, that's a state secret that
must be concealed from the Zionist Entity. Let's just say that tonight,
in paradise, the Prophet Muhammad may be feasting on turtle soup.

Pataminawhackajob
Old February 4th 10, 09:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Dr.Colon Oscopy wrote:
The acceleration from launch looks pretty rapid, wonder how the
vertebrates onboard did or if they were pureed?...........Doc

Maybe turtles are good at taking high g's; the Soviets flew two around
the Moon on Zond 5, which survived a 20g ballistic reentry and splashed
down in the Indian Ocean.

Pat
Old February 4th 10, 09:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Paul A. Suhler wrote:

So when ground control asked, "Are you a turtle?" how
did the mouse respond?

By issuing a strongly worded statement against the criminal actions of
The Zionist Entity for usurping the good name of rodents for use in a
comic book about some claimed historical event that never occurred of
course: http://jacketsandcovers.files.wordpr...04/maus-ii.jpg

Patwingowangoabob
Old February 4th 10, 01:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
David Spain

"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" writes:

"Paul A. Suhler" wrote in message

So when ground control asked, "Are you a turtle?" how
did the mouse respond?

"You bet your sweet ass I am."

I *knew* this conversation had to follow from Pat's article...

;-)

Old February 4th 10, 10:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Feb 3, 10:15*pm, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:
"Paul A. Suhler" wrote in ...

In sci.space.history Pat Flannery wrote:
Iran has shot two turtles, a mouse, and worms into space today from the
back of a pickup truck as the world trembled in fear; then it was time
to kiss the Koran and show off the new rocket engine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnZo...ayer_embedded#
That single stage solid rocket doesn't look like it would have the umph
to get something into space.
It also looks a lot like a ex-Soviet Frog-7 missile.

So when ground control asked, "Are you a turtle?" how
did the mouse respond?

"You bet your sweet ass I am."

Did you attend the University of MD? I did! So, when I answer, you bet
your sweet ass I am, I REALLY mean it.
Old February 4th 10, 11:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Rick Jones[_3_]

So when ground control asked, "Are you a turtle?" how did the
mouse respond?

"You bet your sweet ass I am."

Did you attend the University of MD? I did! So, when I answer, you
bet your sweet ass I am, I REALLY mean it.

Wouldn't the question have to be "Are you a Terrapin?" in that case?-)
(Or I suppose "Are you a Terp?")

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/animalbytes/t-turtle.html

rick jones