Pat Flannery Should Write a Book

Old November 22nd 09, 02:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Default Pat Flannery Should Write a Book

Pat,

You seems to have enough source material and knowledge to be
able to write a decent history of rocketry both civilian and
military from 1950-1970.

That plus your frequency of posting here, indicates to me you
have the type of job that would affoard you plenty of time on
your own to write one.

Consider yourself petitioned to do so...

;-)

Dave
Old November 22nd 09, 04:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:
Pat,

You seems to have enough source material and knowledge to be
able to write a decent history of rocketry both civilian and
military from 1950-1970.

That plus your frequency of posting here, indicates to me you
have the type of job that would affoard you plenty of time on
your own to write one.

Consider yourself petitioned to do so...

It's already been done; in fact there's one that goes back to 360 BC:
http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Machines.../dp/0894640399
When not being read, its weight makes it useful as a doorstop.
I've been posting so much as I've been hobbling around recovering from
my leg surgery earlier this month, when a infected subcutaneous
haematoma had to be removed, leaving a hole in my calf that looks for
all the world like a bullet hole, and goes around an inch into the leg.
Given that this is the same leg that needed the big toe amputated a
couple of years back when it went gangrenous, I can see a new career as
a pirate off of Somalia in the not-too-distant future under the name
Peg-Leg Pat.

Pat

Old November 23rd 09, 01:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:
It's already been done; in fact there's one that goes back to 360 BC:
http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Machines.../dp/0894640399
When not being read, its weight makes it useful as a doorstop.

Thanks for the link!
But just 'cause someone's written something doesn't mean you couldn't as well.
I have the feeling you'd could add plenty of interesting anecdotes that a
straightforward factual history might not include!

I've been posting so much as I've been hobbling around recovering from my leg
surgery earlier this month, when a infected subcutaneous haematoma had to be
removed, leaving a hole in my calf that looks for all the world like a bullet
hole, and goes around an inch into the leg.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are well on your way to recovery.

Given that this is the same leg that needed the big toe amputated a couple of
years back when it went gangrenous, I can see a new career as a pirate off of
Somalia in the not-too-distant future under the name Peg-Leg Pat.

You and OM seem to be shedding body parts. I sincerely hope that is not to do
overexposure to sci.space... groups!

;-)

Dave

OT - Find a match for Pat Flannery! David Spain Policy 45 July 26th 09 04:39 PM
[PING] Pat Flannery MIA? OM[_6_] History 8 June 27th 07 03:09 PM
One would think he can write a book and publish it in the USA gb6726 Astronomy Misc 0 May 20th 07 05:18 PM
want to write a book harry Policy 0 April 24th 06 03:43 PM
want to write a book harry Policy 0 April 24th 06 03:42 PM