Don't MAKE me come DOWN there!

Old February 15th 06, 08:41 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Darla's on the way back! (was uhm, something else

(superfluous froups snecked)

"Greysky" wrote in message
t...

"Lomie" wrote in message
"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 05:46:08 GMT, "Lomie"
wrote:

So Kali, if it were you and you alone who must make the decision,

would
you
opt for official contact (fully aware that at least 12% of humanity
would

be
victim to one form of biocide or another)?

I still see no prove for your figures... why should 780 Million people
commit suicide just from learning that they are not alone in the
universe?

On the other hand.. we have wars and violence, murder and homicide
by the millions every day. Did you consider how THAT figure would drop
if man had a real perspective?

C.

Actually, the combined figures for every kind of death in the world is
presently 155,012 per day, Charles.

And before you hail us in with open arms to decrease this figure, you
might
wanna think about how you'll handle the daily global birth rate of
358,522.
Even with over 150,000 daily deaths, this still represents an increase

of
nearly 75 million babes each year.
Earth's human population is expected to top 6½ billion people toward the
end
of this month.

So now that you have a "real perspective", what will you do with it?

Now as I said before, one word describes why at least 12% will commit

some
form of human biocide.

F E A R

First Encounter Assult Recon - too good a game!

If you can't see it, you can't see it.

But rest assured, when Earth unifies with the rest of life in the
universe,
many people just won't know how to deal with it.
They'll kill themselves, their families and friends, their bosses and
employees, their cats and dogs.
And they will justify what they do by thinking of it as the lesser of

two
evils.
There can be no containment, as it will all happen practically in the
blink
of an eye.

And, for the most part, the only ones who Won't commit murder/suicide

are
the ones who are too afraid to.

Don't know about that Lomie. I know I wont be trying to kill myself. Now,
maybe some of my fellow humans will bump me off before they go out
themselves, but it'll only be because I didn't duck fast enough. There are
real problems that need to be solved, and mysteries to uncover (like where
*do* all those socks and underware missing from the laundry really go?)
that I'll simply be too buisy to think about suicide for a few thousand
centuries. I can understand why you wish to converse with the Art Deco
personality now, pre contact. I imagine that type human will be almost
extinct after you initiate FOC. Best to study a dying species before the
end...

Actually Greysky, you may find it hard to believe, but Darla some time ago
estimated Artie, along with yourself, the nightbat, D-A, and a few others
here as being of "Sagan ilk".
Or "saganesque" as she often says.

It's a long story, but you see, Carl Sagan was the most fearless astronomer
to ever live on Earth.
And believe me, there have been some REALLY fearless astronomers in the
past.
Carl Sagan somehow knew about us even before we contacted him.
Don't ask me how, even Darla doesn't know how, but he knew!
And when we contacted him, instead of cringing in fear as most humans would
do, Sagan strode right up to me.
YES! right up to me! and he said, "You're the youngest, aren't you? I can
tell by your eyes."
By my eyes! just by looking me in the eyes he could tell!

So anyways, when we began to talk about the possibility of official contact
and the PSR, Sagan indicated that he had already surmised what would happen.
He had long been troubled because he knew we were here, and he knew what
would happen if we went global.
Sagan agreed that people just weren't yet ready for us, and that contact
must wait a while longer.

Greysky, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you.
All I know is that if we had a foolproof way of being able to tell who would
snap and who wouldn't, we would be able to contain the first contact biocide
rate to a whole lot better than 12%.
But our long experience shows that there is no known way for us to contain
this.
And the only ones who CAN contain it are the indigenous peoples themselves.
They help themselves by being alert and fearless, "ducking" as you said.
But even with all this, the best we can hope for is still high, the 12%
figure.

So anyways, on a happier note, Mom and Dad are returning from Virgo Central!
Also, Dr. Yubiwan is back, and Silouen has noted a significant change in the
H-substance anomaly at the center of our Local Group.
So I have a mission!
I get to go with Sil and study the gravity thingie!
Aarrrrrggghhhhhh !!!
I FINALLY get to get out of this galaxy!

I LOVE you guys, ALL of you!
Gotta prepare, so I'll see you soon.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Lomie

Old February 15th 06, 09:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

Default Don't MAKE me come DOWN there!

"Kali" wrote in message
In article , posted Sun,
12 Feb 2006 19:53:28 -0700, Art Deco says...

Kali wrote:

In article , posted Sun,
12 Feb 2006 16:10:15 -0700, Art Deco says...

Lamie, the current sockpuppet of the fake
alien, wrote:

[...]

PS: As I'm sure you know by now, I was born on Earth, so I'm not an

alien.
I'm as indigenous to this planet as you are, sweet human.
But if calling me an alien floats your boat, I'm sure I can

continue
the role.

Your other sockpuppets claim to be millions of years old, so this
little hedge is meaningless.

PPS: Things go better with koak! hee hee

Another kooksign.

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 10:08:23 GMT, "Lomie"
wrote:
Kiyo was born in Okinawa, Japan, on November 22, 1921...
and now she's pregnant with triplets (girls girls girls
hee hee ).

I believe the Sil and Darla socks fall into the gazillions old claim
bucket.

Unbelievable!1!! Really.

Kali

We've made many claims, few of which are believable without better evidence.
Your own claim above is, of course, Not unbelievable.
Unfortunately, this believability issue seems to be important to a lot of
people.
Don't take this wrong, dearest Kali, but doesn't this all stem from fear?

People appear to be as afraid to believe in advanced aliens as they are
afraid Not to believe in a deity.
Why do you suppose this is?

Yubiwan

Old February 15th 06, 09:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

"Kali" wrote in message
In article 6BJHf.16715$id5.4809@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, posted Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:43:46
GMT, Lomie says...

"Kali" wrote in message

[...]

Biology as an undergrad, neuroscience as a doctoral student.

Neuroscience?
Good, maybe you can help me with something.
But I have to get back to work now, so I'll return later.

Thank you, Kali, for your civility And your skepticism!

Lomie

So anyways, I also am a student of neuroscience, Kali.

Great!

As far as I'm concerned, for the brain to study itself takes a most deep
level of fearlessness and explorative savvy!

I see it as the ultimate "search for self".

Some people have said that the human brain is the most beautiful and
complicated organization of matter in the universe.
And other words of English along these lines:

"I, George Bush, President of the United States of America, do hereby
proclaim the decade beginning January 1, 1990, as the Decade of the

Brain. I
call upon all public officials and the people of the United States to
observe that decade with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and

activities."
George Bush (from Presidential Proclamation 6158, July 17, 1990)

"As we begin the 21st century, the Hubble space telescope is providing us
with information about as yet uncharted regions of the universe and the
promise that we may learn something about the origin of the cosmos. This
same spirit of adventure is also being directed to the most complex
structure that exists in the universe - the human brain."
Floyd E. Bloom (in Fundamental Neuroscience edited by
L.R. Squire et al., 2003)

"In proportion to our body mass, our brain is three times as large as

that
of our nearest relatives. This huge organ is dangerous and painful to

give
birth to, expensive to build and, in a resting human, uses about 20 per

cent
of the body's energy even though it is just 2 per cent of the body's

weight.
There must be some reason for all this evolutionary expense."
Susan Blakemore (from "Meme, Myself, I", New Scientist,
March 13, 1999)

So has any knowledge come from this 16 year thrust, beginning in 1990, to
shed light on the reason for all that evolutionary expense?

Definitely, but you know this already, as a student of
neuroscience, right?

And what, in your opinion, is the most important advance to blossom

during
this period in the burgeoning discipline of neuroscience?

Research on LTP. You?

Hello again, Kali, and a "Hi" also from Lomie.
She agrees, with emphasis upon the LTP correlations with endorphin
production.
Special interest could be focused on the relationships of LTP and LTD with
physical aging processes.

Lomie is preparing to leave for a mission, so you have me at your service.
My name is Yubiwan, and I am the resident "shrink" as some would say.

It's very nice to meet you, and please don't let gravity hold you down too
much.

Yubiwan

Old February 15th 06, 10:11 AM posted to alt.astronomy

"Lomie" wrote in message
(superfluous froups snecked)

"Greysky" wrote in message
t...

wrote:

[...]

Well Kid-O, Go on and have some fun studying that silly putty substance
as for Saganesque, well that's a pretty heavy compliment. Sagan tried to
accomplish a great many things before he died, now that I know he knew about
you guys, it all makes sense. There is still much work to be done - perhaps
yourselves and a few of us 'Saganesque' types can meet up before FOC with
the greater mass of humanity to figure out some of this stuff? At any rate,
I see the Good Dr. Y. is already posting, and am happy to hear both Darla
and Pere will once again be in our locality - I look forward to hearing all
the exciting details of the past many months. OK, I know you gotta go and
get ready for your misson, so see you on th flip side:-)

Greysky

Old February 15th 06, 10:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:35:41 GMT, "Lomie"
wrote:

On the other hand.. we have wars and violence, murder and homicide
by the millions every day. Did you consider how THAT figure would drop
if man had a real perspective?

C.

Actually, the combined figures for every kind of death in the world is
presently 155,012 per day, Charles.

No.
You could not balance the world's population with just 1 billion per
generation (20 years).

Hello again, Charles, and how have you been?

Not sure what you're disputing here.
(BTW, Lomie is preparing for a mission outside the galaxy with Silouen.)
You can't be questioning the 155,012 figure, because it's too well known.

And before you hail us in with open arms to decrease this figure, you

might
wanna think about how you'll handle the daily global birth rate of

358,522.
Even with over 150,000 daily deaths, this still represents an increase of
nearly 75 million babes each year.
Earth's human population is expected to top 6½ billion people toward the

end
of this month.

So your suicide cases would do us a great favor.

Ah, so it is your contention that increasing this figure, the death rate,
is as good as decreasing the birth rate in order to attain "balance"?

I'm only asking because I happen to agree with you if this is the case.
Unfortunately, among my kind, I am in the minority on this issue.

So now that you have a "real perspective", what will you do with it?

Now as I said before, one word describes why at least 12% will commit

some
form of human biocide.

Great: Show up!

Yes, I agree!
Let's make contact, get the bad parts over with, and get on with
exploration.
Again, a minority stance, but in my opinion a good and valid one.

F E A R

If you can't see it, you can't see it.

No, projecting your fear upon us won't do the trick.

Our fear?
What fear?
How can we project what we do not possess?
This must be part of our "mirror" status.

Many people will think they see themselves when they look at us.
This can work both for and against you.
Try walking THROUGH the looking glass, Charles.

But rest assured, when Earth unifies with the rest of life in the

universe,
many people just won't know how to deal with it.

Might be true - so it's the end of homo kookensis and the begin of
a new better mankind, where's your problem?

Ha!
No, not the end, unfortunately.
There will always be enough kookyness to keep the Art Decos of the world in
business.
Yet, I do agree with your "new better mankind" assessment.
The problem here stems moreso from the fact that every human we've contacted
"closely", or in other words in a personal way which affords them
undisputable evidence of our existence, has taken a different stance.
Thus far, the vast majority of close contacts feel that the price is still
too high.

They'll kill themselves, their families and friends, their bosses and
employees, their cats and dogs.

Now that you mention the animals, you have my attention .. but then --
they kill millions of animals for lesser reasons.

Interesting, what gets your attention, Charles.
Why are you more attentive to lower, less sentient forms.
Rooting for the underdogs? G

And they will justify what they do by thinking of it as the lesser of two
evils.

So what? It's time for the big change!

I agree.
And this issue is highly controversial with us.

There can be no containment, as it will all happen practically in the

blink
of an eye.

Not with a good introduction story. It's not that hard to do. Even I
could do it.

And this we have experimented with many times.
It does help, but again it's one factor of many in the quest to lower the
murder rate.
And even when ALL factors are employed, the murder rate will be at least
12%.

This brings me to a misnomer made by Lomie.
It's not 12% will commit murder and/or suicide.
This 12% figure also represents the murder victims.
Not sure Lomie made that clear.

And, for the most part, the only ones who Won't commit murder/suicide are
the ones who are too afraid to.

Nonsense.
This planet is ready to face the truth.

Again, I agree.
Too bad you and I aren't better represented in the bargaining. G

Lomie

PS: We even gave this brief-but-honorable mention in the film "Contact".

PPS: Jodie Foster's SO heroic!

Now you sound like a 15er again :-)

sigh If we were to measure Lomie's age in "human years", I'd say more like
eleven or twelve.
She is VERY excited about exploring in intergalactic space.
And as you know, in humans this type of excitement can bring out the
endorphins en masse.
Seans are very similar to humans in this respect.

Yubiwan

Old February 15th 06, 12:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

"Kali" wrote in message
In article h6MHf.383152$qk4.30488@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, posted Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:35:41
GMT, Lomie says...

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 05:46:08 GMT, "Lomie"
wrote:

[...]

But rest assured, when Earth unifies with the rest of life in the

universe,
many people just won't know how to deal with it.
They'll kill themselves, their families and friends, their bosses and
employees, their cats and dogs.
And they will justify what they do by thinking of it as the lesser of two
evils.

These aliens you think are all-wise do underestimate the
ultimate human drive: survival. It's built into our genes.

Yes, this is so true, Kali.
As a student of neuroscience you must also be aware of how easily sentient
beings can let external influences override genetic motivations.
And if "survival" is "the ultimate human drive", how does this account for
the fearlessness of, say, a typical fireman?
or even a stotting tommie for that matter?
Well, perhaps the tommies are "one for your side" after all.
But I for one think that the ultimate human drive is exploration.
And that the reason for the present decay in human quality of life is that
your kind is running out of places to explore.

Oh sure, specific types such as yourself grind away at places like the human
brain.
But this type of exploration is not popular among humans (or seans either,
for that matter).
Most people would rather go "outside the box" instead of deeper inside it,
don't you agree?
How many new neuroscientists do you expect to graduate this year?
(Just meant rhetorically)

There can be no containment, as it will all happen practically in the

blink
of an eye.

And, for the most part, the only ones who Won't commit murder/suicide are
the ones who are too afraid to.

What's to be afraid of?

Here Lomie was alluding to the vast majority of remaining humans who, while
fearing all the ramifications of "conquering aliens from outer space", will
still be even more afraid of death and its unknown aspects.

Lomie

PS: We even gave this brief-but-honorable mention in the film "Contact".

PPS: Jodie Foster's SO heroic!

What message was sent by "you" in the movie "Independence Day"?

Kali
--
"We found a great number of books...and since they contained
nothing but superstitions and falsehoods of the Devil we burned

Yes, both of these fictional films represent the Hollywood(?) version of the
possible extremes.
In "Contact", the aliens are benevolent and secretive, yet willing to
present a slow taste of the possibilities.
I liked the fact that human biocides were only lightly, briefly treated in
"Contact".
This movie represents the decidedly new minority human belief system
regarding any possibility of alien contact.

In stark contrast are the vast majority of films quite admirably represented
by "Independence Day".
The aliens are anything but benevolent, and the humans once again beat the
hell out of them against unconscionable odds.
Well, at least it shows humans are brave enough to think about it once in a
while.

The heroism Lomie mentioned in the female astronomer character in "Contact"
is a direct result of the fearlessness of that character.
This is precisely what it will take, a marked increase in human
fearlessness, to make global contact possible.
Such a state is necessary, absolutely necessary, for exploration.
And most humans have lost this admirable trait, which BTW is also firmly
wired into the human genome.

Human beings are genetically fearless.
Your minds do not always follow your hearts.

Yet I find it highly informative that the vast majority of you (and I am
certain of this) would attempt to save a child from a burning building
"without thinking" of the consequences to yourselves.

Yubiwan

Old February 15th 06, 01:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 04:12:08 GMT, "Lomie"
wrote:

Okay, after we put Kiyo back together (I did most of it because I was
freshly studying the technique. It was sort of a "test" for me.),

You reanimated a dead human body?

Her body tissue was not dead.
Kiyo was only "a little bit dead".
There was actually very little tissue damage other than the fact that all
her extremities had been ripped from her torso.
Aligning the neck was a bit tricky, but Lomie replaced her head showing
excellent skill.
Hard to believe, I know, attitude of a human teenager coupled with hands of
a great surgeon.
Impressive to observe, though.

Darla
explained to her that we could help her stop aging if she wanted.
Kiyo chose to stop aging, but then a few years later she began to study

us
with a passion.
When she came across the sean aging rites, she seemed to be impressed

with
the logic behind them.
So she asked to participate, and she's been aging ever since.

Looks like we have the pleasure to participate in it almost daily :-)

Who is "we", Ch*ck? (Just playin' with you, Charles.)

With us it's just an ancient ritual in which we equably participate.
And yes, on Earth, with your gravity and ignorance about endorphins and
other anti-aging techniques, you age yourselves frequently.
Your subtle "almost" did not go unnoticed.
Few people know that they sometimes experience several days of virtually no
aging, while other times they can age themselves to the tune of several days
in one.
One of the prices of external influences on sentient beings under the strict
weight of matter in a gravity sink.

Now, when she gets a little older (she is almost to the human extraction
period) she will reverse the process and her body will, uhm, age

negatively?
I'm not sure what to call it because there is no human word to cover it,
because it never happens on your planet.

How about rejuvenation/juvennescence?

Yes, it's a definitely rejuvenative process.

Waitasec, I just found it in one of your books.

Which one?

Not sure where Lomie referenced the following.
She's very good about returning refs. when finished with them.
We have several human works which inform about all aspects regarding mental
regression.

You have the mental equivalent you call "age regression".
Well, this would be a physical age regression.

So anyways, when her body un-ages back to whatever age she decides to
stabilize at, that age is where she'll stay until the next aging rite.

So she partook in the aging program because she wanted to enjoy the

benefits
of aging MENTALLY.
The mental age stays with you even after your body un-ages back to a

favored
physical age.
And of course there are several other benefits that we'll tell everyone
about shortly following FOC.

Lomie

Well let's see what Art said:
I still can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t decide: kook
or troll.

his proper wording was:
Fpm mpfmfmfpmffmffm

pfmpppmmm\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'mfm
pfppffpfmfpmpfppff: fpfmmpmmpfpf
mmpmpp mfmmppmmpffmffm.

I suppose it's a lot more fun to post coded messages to Usenet than it is to
communicate secretly via email.
Strengthens the synapses?

Yubiwan

Old February 15th 06, 03:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy

From 'Lomster':

Carl Sagan was the most fearless
astronomer to ever live on Earth.

Carl Sagan somehow knew about us
even before we contacted him. Don't ask me how,..

He was on a 'joint' adventure! Ha ha. :-)

oc

Old February 15th 06, 03:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:42:24 -0700, Art Deco
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell in message
:

Okay, little time before I have to get back to work, so I'll get right to
the point, Kali.

Work? Fake alien "seans" who float around intergalactic space in pop
cans actually have to work?

"Thank you. Drive through, please."
--
V.G.

"i would blame them it they went on a holy jhiad and killed off all the infidels, would you?"
- AssLexa's "200+" alien-implanted IQ jumps the rails and crashes into a grade school, killing all inside.

Change pobox dot alaska to gci.

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.
Old February 15th 06, 03:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.fan.art-bell

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:53:28 -0700, Art Deco

Kali wrote:

In article , posted Sun,
12 Feb 2006 16:10:15 -0700, Art Deco says...

Lamie, the current sockpuppet of the fake

[...]

wrote:
Kiyo was born in Okinawa, Japan, on November 22, 1921...
and now she's pregnant with triplets (girls girls girls
hee hee ).

I believe the Sil and Darla socks fall into the gazillions old claim
bucket.

The term you're looking for is "honey bucket". HTH.