Hoagland finds old Chevy Vega car parts on Mars !!

Old January 11th 04, 07:51 AM
\\ The Commentator //

Default Hoagland finds old Chevy Vega car parts on Mars !!

Glenn W. Cooper wrote:
You're being too hard on Hoagland. Sure, he gets a little carried away and
over-exuberant at times, but he's also been very RIGHT on a number of
occasions.

GC.

What occasions? There is not one example of Hoagland "discovering"
something that has not been anticipated by real scientists.

Of course that isn't the way Hoaxie tells it, to tell the truth would
mess up his act something terrible, and then what would he do to avoid work?

Old January 11th 04, 07:54 AM
\\ The Commentator //

Leonard Martin wrote:

Seriously for a moment. When I heard the first 15 minutes of this nonsense
I was mystified and troubled: I heard Hoagy explaining the technical
aspects of the space shuttle destruction earlier this year, and he was
great. He really seemed to know what he was talking about and he explained
it clearly. How can so intelligent a person make a career of pedalling
nonsense? I can see stupid people doing it, but I think intelligent people
tend to have a natural respect for the truth.
Anyone have any opinions on this human conundrum?

Leonard

In article ,
mail wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:16:43 GMT, "Irony Alert"
wrote:

It could be worse, he could think that lighting farts is what causes El
Nino.

Don't give him any ideas.

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

"Shake it like a polaroid picture."
- Andre 3000 of Outkast

Hoagland is not a scientist, he does not do science.

Hoagland is a performance artist. He does what he does as part of an
act that pays him enough so as to avoid real work.

To the best of my knowledge Hoagland has never held a job in the
traditional sense of the word, I seriously doubt he is employable at all.

Old January 13th 04, 04:48 AM
Irony Alert

"The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."
"\The Commentator//" wrote in message
"Glenn W. Cooper" wrote:

You're being too hard on Hoagland. Sure, he gets a little carried away

and
over-exuberant at times, but he's also been very RIGHT on a number of
occasions.

GC.

Name one.

Hoaxy was right the time I heard him admit that "not everyone" takes him
seriously.

--

The Usenet Irony Alert
Serving alt.fan.art-bell since 2003

Felony case "02-CR-0617 9/1/03: Oregon Department of
Justice V. Raymond Ronald Karczewski, Defendant.

Old January 13th 04, 05:12 AM
\\The Commentator//

"Glenn W. Cooper" wrote:

You're being too hard on Hoagland. Sure, he gets a little carried away

and
over-exuberant at times, but he's also been very RIGHT on a number of
occasions.

GC.

Name one.

Hoaxy was right the time I heard him admit that "not everyone" takes him
seriously.

There is that, good point.
Old January 13th 04, 06:50 AM
Gazmik

"Irony Alert" wrote in message
"The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."
over-exuberant at times, but he's also been very RIGHT on a number of
occasions.

Name one.

Hoaxy was right the time I heard him admit that "not everyone" takes him
seriously.

But, he wasn't exactly right when he said that. He would have been right if
he had said that no one takes him seriously.

Old January 13th 04, 08:40 AM
\\The Commentator//

Gazmik wrote:

"Irony Alert" wrote in message
"The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."
over-exuberant at times, but he's also been very RIGHT on a number of
occasions.

Name one.

Hoaxy was right the time I heard him admit that "not everyone" takes him
seriously.

But, he wasn't exactly right when he said that. He would have been right if
he had said that no one takes him seriously.

Not exactly true. There are enough hoagbots out there who manage to
swallow his stories and pay him enough so that he does not have to work.
Old January 13th 04, 03:10 PM
Carl R. Osterwald

In article , \\The Commentator//
wrote:

Gazmik wrote:

"Irony Alert" wrote in message
"The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."
over-exuberant at times, but he's also been very RIGHT on a number of
occasions.

Name one.

Hoaxy was right the time I heard him admit that "not everyone" takes him
seriously.

But, he wasn't exactly right when he said that. He would have been right if
he had said that no one takes him seriously.

Not exactly true. There are enough hoagbots out there who manage to
swallow his stories and pay him enough so that he does not have to work.

This is quite true, last night I heard a couple of them calling
hoax-to-hoax to bow and scrape before the Hoaxie throne, even when
hoaxmeister wasn't on (assuming these weren't just more faked calls by
the producers to make Snorey sound relevant).

-=-=-=-=-

Official AFA-B Bully and Gummint Disinformation Agent
Old January 14th 04, 12:56 AM
\\The Commentator//

"Carl R. Osterwald" wrote:

In article , \\The Commentator//
wrote:

Gazmik wrote:

[...]

I missed that, thankfully.

Hoaxie manages to sound like a scientist, while actually knowing next to
nothing about science or engineering. This the only people who swallow
his act know even less. I strongly suspect the calls were instigated by
Hoaxie. After all, Snorrey is his free ad budget. He could not afford
to buy that much air time, it would mangle the profit picture something
terrible.
Old January 14th 04, 07:27 AM
\\The Commentator//

Leonard Martin wrote:

In article , \\The Commentator//
wrote:

"Carl R. Osterwald" wrote:

In article , \\The Commentator//
wrote:

Gazmik wrote:

[...]

Snorrey----how aptly named! Art Bell is a nutcase collector but has a great
personality. And sometimes he even questions the outre assertions of his
guests! Snorrey is bland as a dry pancake and is also like one in that he
invariably lies down and lets the nutcases walk right over him. "Gee, no
kidding! You must be right", or the equivalent is his eternal refrain. He
can't even handle open-line calls from the great unwashed, by far the most
interesting stuff on Coast to Coast, well.

Sadly, shortly after I got my Versacorder, Art left.

And what else is there to listen to on US AM, after all? I don't enjoy
hearing right-wing host work themselves into near-frenzies over the
monstrosities committed by liberals. What ever happened to the fairness
rule, anyway?

How sad: to love listening to radio and to live in the US!

Leonard

I kisten to BBC. Of course they are about as leftist as NPR, but where
else would you get such earthshaking news like "Chad beats Sri Lanka in
cricket."

Snorrey is just an idiot, so he panders to idiots. That is all he knows
how to do.

Bell pandered to idiots too, remember the Hale-Bopp mess? The
difference betwen Bell and Snorrey is simple: Bell managed to be
modestly entertaining in small doses. Snorrey is not entertaining at
all.