v-block filters

Old June 12th 06, 02:19 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default v-block filters

I recently bought an Orion (US) violet blocking filter for use on my short
tube 80mm achromat. Not being able to afford an apo, I wanted to see how
this works on bright objects like the moon and Planets. It truely does
reduce the purple fringing found on teh limbs of these objects!

Some can say that there is a very slight yellow cast seen, but it is very
slight, adn actually helps on subjects Like Saturn adn Jupiter. For those
who want better color correction on their refractor but cant spend teh money
for an apo, these filters seem to work well!

Matthew Andrew

Old June 12th 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

MRA wrote:
I recently bought an Orion (US) violet blocking filter for use on my short
tube 80mm achromat. Not being able to afford an apo, I wanted to see how
this works on bright objects like the moon and Planets. It truely does
reduce the purple fringing found on teh limbs of these objects!

Some can say that there is a very slight yellow cast seen, but it is very
slight, adn actually helps on subjects Like Saturn adn Jupiter. For those
who want better color correction on their refractor but cant spend teh money
for an apo, these filters seem to work well!

Matthew Andrew

You are fooling yourself if yiou think a violet filter is turning an
achro into an apo or even only a half-baked ED. You don't correct
anything in the colour spread you just remove the offending colour.

Andrea T.

Old June 12th 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

wrote:

You are fooling yourself if yiou think a violet filter is turning an
achro into an apo or even only a half-baked ED. l

Andrea T.

Where has he made that claim?

Old June 12th 06, 10:56 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Still waiting......;O)

Old June 13th 06, 08:51 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Gaz wrote:
Still waiting......;O)

Implict from the second sentence.

Andrea T.

Filter Question Doink Amateur Astronomy 7 October 29th 03 04:13 PM
Filter Help!!!! Jon Yardley Astronomy Misc 2 July 26th 03 05:01 PM
Filter Help!!!! Jon Yardley Misc 2 July 26th 03 05:01 PM
What can be expected with solar filters? Rune Allnor Amateur Astronomy 4 July 17th 03 02:48 PM