Red Aurora Visible In Central NJ?

Old October 31st 03, 03:27 AM
Skip Freeman

Default Red Aurora Visible In Central NJ?

Looking NE tonight I noticed a reddish glow in the sky around 7:40pm.
Anyone else see this? Could I have seen a red aurora? By 7:50 the glow
was gone. I am located in central New Jersey.

-Skip
Old October 31st 03, 04:55 AM
starman

Skip Freeman wrote:

Looking NE tonight I noticed a reddish glow in the sky around 7:40pm.
Anyone else see this? Could I have seen a red aurora? By 7:50 the glow
was gone. I am located in central New Jersey.

-Skip

Tonights (Oct.-30) aurora had some intense red areas, particularly from
7:00-7:30 EST. That is most likely what you saw.

Old October 31st 03, 05:26 AM
RalphMW

That's what you saw. It was best about 7:30. I'm over in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Ralph
41 16N 75 50W