Veteran long-duration space flier to lead NASA undersea crew

Old July 5th 03, 09:21 PM
Jim Kingdon

Default Veteran long-duration space flier to lead NASA undersea crew

NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations (NEEMO) mission June
16-29. The quartet will serve as the NASA members of a crew that will
live in the Aquarius Underwater Research Facility off the coast of Key
Largo, Fla.

So is the character in the "Finding Nemo" movie named after NEEMO, or
vice versa, or is it just a coincidence?
Old July 5th 03, 09:23 PM
Jorge R. Frank

Jim Kingdon wrote in
news
NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations (NEEMO) mission June
16-29. The quartet will serve as the NASA members of a crew that will
live in the Aquarius Underwater Research Facility off the coast of Key
Largo, Fla.

So is the character in the "Finding Nemo" movie named after NEEMO, or
vice versa, or is it just a coincidence?

I'd guess they were both named for the captain of the Nautilus.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old July 6th 03, 02:53 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Jim Kingdon" wrote in message
news
NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations (NEEMO) mission June
16-29. The quartet will serve as the NASA members of a crew that will
live in the Aquarius Underwater Research Facility off the coast of Key
Largo, Fla.

So is the character in the "Finding Nemo" movie named after NEEMO, or
vice versa, or is it just a coincidence?

I think they were both named after no name in particular.

Old July 6th 03, 05:08 AM
Jorge R. Frank

Kevin Willoughby wrote in
:

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" said:
"Jim Kingdon" wrote in message
news
NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations (NEEMO) mission June
16-29. The quartet will serve as the NASA members of a crew that
will live in the Aquarius Underwater Research Facility off the
coast of Key Largo, Fla.

So is the character in the "Finding Nemo" movie named after NEEMO,
or vice versa, or is it just a coincidence?

I think they were both named after no name in particular.

Beg to differ. At least about the little fish.

Nemo was the captain of the submarine Nautilus in Jules Verne's 20,000
Leagues Under the Sea.

You missed Greg's joke. "Nemo" means "No one" in Latin.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemo

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old July 7th 03, 05:05 AM
Kevin Willoughby

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" said:
"Jorge R. Frank" wrote in message
You missed Greg's joke. "Nemo" means "No one" in Latin.

Thanks Jorge. I'm glad SOMEONE got it. :-)

D'oh!

Sorry, Greg.
--
Kevin Willoughby lid

We'd spend the remaining time trying to fix the engine.
-- Neil Armstrong