defogger for Audine & Genesis

Old July 29th 03, 01:21 PM
astrobry

Default defogger for Audine & Genesis

Hello,

I had a lot of trouble with dew on my frontwindow of the Genesis camera.
I have made a heating resistance woith very small heat resistance wire on
the front optical window.
How this is technical made can you find on my genesis website:
www.eisystems.be/astronomy/genesis.html

Maybe interesting for Audine & Genesis owners.

best regards,
Erik Bryssinck
www.eisystems.be/astronomy/

Old August 10th 03, 12:30 AM
Skip

Erik,

I have a Gennesis camera (SN 25) which I built a few years back. I
experienced a similar problem. My camera was fairly bad
about fogging up at first. The more I used it, the better
it got in this respect. I suspect it takes the desiccant cartridges
time to truly do their job. After a month or two the fogging
issue seemed to clear itself. I now have no more problems
with fogging. I go set the telescope and camera out early in the
evening to adjust to outside temperatures. My CCD is a KAF1602E
with a removable glass. I did notice some bubbles formed in the
glue in the first months. These are gone now too. Maybe the
desiccant creates a difference in vapor pressure which caused
this bubbles - I don't really know. I'm not even sure it the
chip itself is vacuumed packed or not.

To conclude, your dew problem will get better as time goes on!
This of course assumes that you are not regularly disassembling
your camera of course. If you are I would defenatly replace the
desiccant cartridges. Definately use the silicone oring
lube as the instructions suggest to keep it sealed.

Skip