ASTRO: NGC 6992 Network Nebula in white light

Old September 19th 08, 10:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Danilo Pivato

Default ASTRO: NGC 6992 Network Nebula in white light

Hi all,

another shot made in hi altitude of Forca Canapine 1440m (Perugia - Italy).
Very fine dettail of the filament of the nebulosity (BRC250 & ST-10XME)

Homepage : http://www.danilopivato.com/

Image standard:
http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...6992_n_brc.htm

Image hires:
http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_..._brc_hires.htm

Clear skies!

Danilo Pivato
Web : www.danilopivato.com
Codice MPC: B53 - Roma- Casal Lumbroso

Old September 21st 08, 06:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Danilo,

I have never tried this nebula without a Halpha filter, so it is surprising
to me that it shows the same amount of detail unfiltered. Usually Halpha is
more detailed than broadband on emission nebulae.
Very good picture.

Stefan

. ..

Old September 21st 08, 09:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Danilo Pivato

Also I have been amazed from the result. Nevertheless I think that
has depended on the good sky that I have found
Thank you, Stefan!

Danilo Pivato
Web : www.danilopivato.com
Minor Planet Center Obs. Code: B53 - Roma- Casal Lumbroso

Old September 21st 08, 03:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Danilo Pivato wrote:

Hi all,

another shot made in hi altitude of Forca Canapine 1440m (Perugia - Italy).
Very fine dettail of the filament of the nebulosity (BRC250 & ST-10XME)

Homepage : http://www.danilopivato.com/

Image standard:
http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...6992_n_brc.htm

Image hires:
http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_..._brc_hires.htm

Clear skies!

Danilo Pivato
Web : www.danilopivato.com
Codice MPC: B53 - Roma- Casal Lumbroso

Not only is it nice and dark atop that mountain the seeing looks great.
I wish I could get such small stars and high resolution but my 15
meter hill just doesn't cut it!

Rick