ASTRO: First light with new setup

Old August 13th 08, 10:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Beta Persei

Default ASTRO: First light with new setup

At last, after a long period of bad weather and still climbing on a steep
learning curve, here are my first attempts at "serious" astrophotography...
Setup: Scopos 90/600 APO Triplet, unmodded Canon 350D, HEQ5 Pro Mount,
autoguided by vesta webcam and PHD Guiding.
M27: 5x300 secs, Deep Sky Stacker, Photoshop
M17: 6x300 secs, DSS, PS (heavy...:-) )

Thanks for looking....
--------
Beta Persei
45° 35' N
08° 51' E

remove "_nospam" to reply

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M17_Biolo.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	2130  Click image for larger version

Name:	m27_biolo.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	2131

Old August 14th 08, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Very good!

--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3
Old August 14th 08, 01:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Beta Persei wrote:

At last, after a long period of bad weather and still climbing on a steep
learning curve, here are my first attempts at "serious" astrophotography...
Setup: Scopos 90/600 APO Triplet, unmodded Canon 350D, HEQ5 Pro Mount,
autoguided by vesta webcam and PHD Guiding.
M27: 5x300 secs, Deep Sky Stacker, Photoshop
M17: 6x300 secs, DSS, PS (heavy...:-) )

Thanks for looking....
--------
Beta Persei
45° 35' N
08° 51' E

remove "_nospam" to reply

Welcome to deep sky imaging. Nice first efforts. Far better than my
first in the film era.

Rick

Old August 14th 08, 01:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Beta Persei

Thanks to everyone for the good words...I hope to become more regular in
posting other than being only a lurker. Now I need to manage the low amount
of leisure time and combine it with weather conditions.

Franco aka "Beta Persei"
---------------
45° 35' N
08° 51' E

remove "_nospam" to reply
"Kev Lawrence" ha scritto nel messaggio
Very nice indeed, well done

Kev

"Beta Persei" wrote in message
At last, after a long period of bad weather and still climbing on a steep
learning curve, here are my first attempts at "serious"
astrophotography...
Setup: Scopos 90/600 APO Triplet, unmodded Canon 350D, HEQ5 Pro Mount,
autoguided by vesta webcam and PHD Guiding.
M27: 5x300 secs, Deep Sky Stacker, Photoshop
M17: 6x300 secs, DSS, PS (heavy...:-) )

Thanks for looking....
--------
Beta Persei
45° 35' N
08° 51' E

remove "_nospam" to reply

Setup for DSO hunter Ioannis Amateur Astronomy 17 November 26th 05 09:08 PM
LXD75 setup Frodo Amateur Astronomy 1 November 23rd 04 12:17 AM
telescope setup Gareth Tomlinson Misc 4 July 16th 04 04:32 AM
Computer Setup Too_Many_Tools Amateur Astronomy 6 July 2nd 04 01:24 AM
Finally my setup will be ... André P. Amateur Astronomy 0 December 12th 03 03:42 PM