A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 21st 07, 03:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,516
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!


"Professor Max Tegmark of MIT has incorporated the river model in his
General relativity teaching MIT Course 8.033, Schwarzschild metric &
black holes

A natural interpretation of equation (2) (Hamilton 2004) is that space
is flowing radially inward [...] and that particles can travel through
this moving space according to the laws of special relativity [...]
This is analogous to the FRW coordinates, where the "river" of space
was expanding rather than flowing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...fcva/archive_2

Double-A

Ads
  #2  
Old April 21st 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,219
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:
"Professor Max Tegmark of MIT has incorporated the river model in his
General relativity teaching MIT Course 8.033, Schwarzschild metric &
black holes

A natural interpretation of equation (2) (Hamilton 2004) is that space
is flowing radially inward [...] and that particles can travel through
this moving space according to the laws of special relativity [...]
This is analogous to the FRW coordinates, where the "river" of space
was expanding rather than flowing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...fcva/archive_2

Double-A


nightbat

The is just too way far over the heads of all the auk
coffeeboys Commander, most likely their collective junk gene baby brains
will simply clueless overload implode.

ponder on,
the nightbat

  #3  
Old April 21st 07, 07:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 995
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!


"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message

... they might fear that the universe will crush them ;:

What a wonderful thought!

HJ


  #4  
Old April 21st 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,121
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!

In article .com,
Double-A wrote:

A natural interpretation of equation (2) (Hamilton 2004) is that space
is flowing radially inward [...] and that particles can travel through
this moving space according to the laws of special relativity [...]
This is analogous to the FRW coordinates, where the "river" of space
was expanding rather than flowing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...fcva/archive_2

Double-A



Its an analogy just for BH's AA

--
Sacred keeper of the Hollow Sphere, and the space within the Coffee Boy
singularity.

COOSN-174-07-82116: alt.astronomy's favourite poster (from a survey taken
of the saucerhead high command).
  #5  
Old April 21st 07, 09:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,121
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!

In article ,
nightbat wrote:



The is just too way far over the heads of all the auk
coffeeboys Commander, most likely their collective junk gene baby brains
will simply clueless overload implode.



I've seen it before. As I re-iterate - its an analogy that only is in use for
Schwazschild BH's

--
Sacred keeper of the Hollow Sphere, and the space within the Coffee Boy
singularity.

COOSN-174-07-82116: alt.astronomy's favourite poster (from a survey taken
of the saucerhead high command).
  #6  
Old April 22nd 07, 07:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,219
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!

Charles D. Bohne wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:16:25 -0400, nightbat
wrote:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...fcva/archive_2

Double-A


nightbat

The link is just too way far over the heads of all the auk
coffeeboys Commander, most likely their collective junk gene baby brains
will simply clueless overload implode.

ponder on,
the nightbat



Lt. General Bohne
Actually there is no "space" at all - just differences in energy :-)
but don't tell them - they might fear that the universe will crush
them ;:

C.


nightbat

Correct number one, the little fake award auk clueless fun
darlings are so sensitive they can't fathom the sub quantum domain
constantly demanding physical energy proof.

cheers,
the nightbat
  #7  
Old April 22nd 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,516
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!

On Apr 21, 1:24 pm, Phineas T Puddleduck
wrote:
In article .com,

Double-A wrote:
A natural interpretation of equation (2) (Hamilton 2004) is that space
is flowing radially inward [...] and that particles can travel through
this moving space according to the laws of special relativity [...]
This is analogous to the FRW coordinates, where the "river" of space
was expanding rather than flowing."


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_ta...fcva/archive_2


Double-A


Its an analogy just for BH's AA

--



As flows the black holes, so flows the universe!

Double-A


  #8  
Old April 22nd 07, 04:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,357
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!

On Apr 22, 6:46 am, Double-A wrote:

On Apr 21, 1:24 pm, Phineas T Puddleduck [email protected]


Its (just) an analogy just for BH's..


Yep AA, this new "river" BH model is a re-hash of the old Painleve-
Gullstrand metric that was discussed here several times (with credits
to Zinni). It's carefully couched as an analogy so as to never imply
anything is *literally* flowing.

Yet space is declared to *expand* from the instant of the BB. So how
pray tell, does it expand *without* flowing?

As flows the black holes, so flows the universe!


Yowser! http://community-2.webtv.net/oldcoot/ContinuousBigBang

  #9  
Old April 22nd 07, 05:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,516
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!

On Apr 22, 8:19 am, oldcoot wrote:
On Apr 22, 6:46 am, Double-A wrote:

On Apr 21, 1:24 pm, Phineas T Puddleduck [email protected]
Its (just) an analogy just for BH's..


Yep AA, this new "river" BH model is a re-hash of the old Painleve-
Gullstrand metric that was discussed here several times (with credits
to Zinni). It's carefully couched as an analogy so as to never imply
anything is *literally* flowing.

Yet space is declared to *expand* from the instant of the BB. So how
pray tell, does it expand *without* flowing?

As flows the black holes, so flows the universe!


Yowser!http://community-2.webtv.net/oldcoot/ContinuousBigBang



Well, I just saw Puddles state that curved spacetime is an analogy
too!

****, maybe the whole universe is just an analogy!

Double-A


  #10  
Old April 22nd 07, 06:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,357
Default Flowing Space Model Being Taught at MIT!

On Apr 22, 9:48 am, Double-A wrote:

Well, I just saw Puddles state that curved spacetime is an analogy
too!


No! You didn't. Har!
Well maybe Pudz can now recite what it's an analogy
*of*.

It couldn't be the *acceleration rate* of flowing space, now could
it? :-)

oc


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The River Model" of Flowing Space Is Being Taught at the University of Colorado! Double-A[_1_] Misc 105 May 25th 07 05:09 AM
Flowing space... oldcoot[_2_] Misc 12 May 3rd 07 11:27 PM
Flowing Space 101 -- A Yes-brainer Painius Misc 0 May 4th 05 04:37 PM
Flowing Space 201 -- S.A.A.A.D. Painius Misc 35 September 1st 04 11:19 AM
Flowing space model G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 2 October 12th 03 03:42 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2020 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.