neptune

Old November 5th 06, 09:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
bobby

Default neptune

Hi all,

According to some preliminary calculations, neptune should be in the
same position as 164y ago in 2010.
But can someone tell me when Hershell discovered exactly the planet,
after august 1849 probably, but when, what day ?

-- thanks

Old November 5th 06, 09:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"bobby" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

According to some preliminary calculations, neptune should be in the
same position as 164y ago in 2010.
But can someone tell me when Hershell discovered exactly the planet,
after august 1849 probably, but when, what day ?

-- thanks

I have september 23, 1846, by Johann Gottfried Galle who write 2 days latter
to LeVerier "Monsieur, la planète dont vous avez signalé la position existe
réellement"
So you are one month too late, it was this year (and still is)

Hope this help.

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.org/luxorion

Neptune anomaly tttito Research 1 June 13th 06 12:49 PM
U.S. group proposes Neptune mission George Astronomy Misc 0 December 10th 05 09:51 AM
US group proposes Neptune mission George Amateur Astronomy 0 December 10th 05 09:48 AM
Nuclear-Powered Mission to Neptune Could Answer Questions About Planetary Formation [email protected] Astronomy Misc 2 December 10th 04 03:19 PM
Hubble Finds Farthest, Faintest Solar System Objects Beyond Neptune Ron Baalke Misc 14 September 17th 03 06:59 PM