FWD: Saddam Hussein Found Guilty & Sentenced to Hang!

Old November 5th 06, 06:21 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jorge R. Frank

Default FWD: Saddam Hussein Found Guilty & Sentenced to Hang!

(Nicholas Fitzpatrick) wrote in news:454e19aa$1
@news.sentex.net:

In article ,
OM wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...dam/index.html

...The only thing that would have made this more fun was if John
DeLancie was the judge!

The only thing that would be more fun would be if Bush, Cheney,
and Rumsfield were also sentanced to the gallows for their
war crimes.

The US will not try them for war crimes (at most, they could be impeached),
and the US will not give them up for trial in another country. So if you
want them, you'll have to take them by force. The US will utterly destroy
anyone who tries.

Now *that* would be fun to watch...

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old November 5th 06, 06:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

In article ,
Rand Simberg wrote:

Still, there is little question that the current administration has committed
war crimes - and presumably they will see justice at some point - or
perhaps they will simply run away and hide in South America somewhere ...

In your dreams. Which is to say, loony leftist fantasies.

Why do Americans not have the ability to think about politics in
anything more than left/right - it's so 2-Dimensional. Has the ability
to have a rational discussion been exercised from the USA? Why are
Americans so narrow-minded? It's no wonder your country has become such
a disaster in the last quarter-century or so! It's so sad.

So while I believe the current administration should be charged for their
war crimes, I also believe the best solution in Iraq at the moment is
putting in another 200,000 or so US troops (best solution would have been
not to invade the only secular Islamic nation in the Middle East - but
that door has closed!). Tell me, is that a "looney leftist fantasy"?

Nick
know me well, think I'm right-wing
Old November 5th 06, 07:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

In article ,
Rand Simberg wrote:

Why are
Americans so narrow-minded?

Why do you beat your kids?

Because their mother is American!

It's no wonder your country has become such
a disaster in the last quarter-century or so! It's so sad.

laughing

You obviously know nothing about our country.

Sadly, I know way too much!

Nick
Old November 5th 06, 07:43 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dave Michelson

Nicholas Fitzpatrick wrote:

You obviously know nothing about [the US].

Sadly, I know way too much!

Please don't hesitate to head down to the nearest US border crossing and
brief the officials on duty about your findings. They are very
open-minded folks and would love to hear more. Moreover, if what you
tell them is interesting enough, it's virtually guaranteed that they'll
pass it on to their superiors.

--
Dave Michelson

Old November 5th 06, 08:01 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On 5 Nov 2006 15:01:21 -0500, in a place far, far away,
(Nicholas Fitzpatrick) made the phosphor on my

But answer these questions? Why is there so much visual poverty in the
USA if the country is so rich?

Poor in this country live materially much better than royalty did a
century ago. There is no true poverty in the US, visual or otherwise,
except for those who choose it, or are mentally ill (generally the
same thing).

Why are there neighbourhoods that people are not safe to walk in,
in daylight!

Mostly because of our nutty drug policies.

Why is the crime rate
so much higher than most places, yet the prison population is 10 times
higher than most places!

Again, our nutty drug policies.

In any other nation, if one of these issues
occurred, there would be work to get rid of it. In the USA, it seems all
anyone does is finger-point.

Yes, that's what we mean by your not knowing much about it. We have
in fact spent trillions of dollars over the years in an attempt to
address these problems. It may not be effective (welfare rarely is),
but it's more than "finger pointing."

It's so sad to see such a potentially great nation screw up so badly.

It's not a "potentially" great nation. No modifier on "great nation"
is required.
Old November 5th 06, 08:01 PM posted to sci.space.history
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

In article H9r3h.264826$R63.210146@pd7urf1no,
Dave Michelson wrote:

Please don't hesitate to head down to the nearest US border crossing and
brief the officials on duty about your findings. They are very
open-minded folks and would love to hear more. Moreover, if what you
tell them is interesting enough, it's virtually guaranteed that they'll
pass it on to their superiors.

In my experience, US border guards, really don't seem
that open-minded ... tough to tell, often when I'm passing through the
border, they seem more interested at making snide remarks to each other
about who they've got in lock-up, than doing a professional job.

But answer these questions? Why is there so much visual poverty in the
USA if the country is so rich? Why are there neighbourhoods that
people are not safe to walk in, in daylight! Why is the crime rate
so much higher than most places, yet the prison population is 10 times
higher than most places! In any other nation, if one of these issues