new video: north celestial pole rotation

Old February 15th 07, 12:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Daniele Gasparri

Default new video: north celestial pole rotation

Hi group; here is my latest (and hard) work: 12 hours north celestial pole
rotation video.
The video is composed by 3371 frames@25 frames per second compressed with
XVID codec. Every frame is a 10 seconds exposure with a CCD camera ST-7XME
and 25 mm f0.85 lens (derived from a ploss eyepiece) taken from Bologna
(northern Italy). Beyond the stars' rotation, note the planes crossing the
field (the airport is only 10 Km away), the satellites, meteors and few low
clouds (especially at the beginning). The video is reduced at 640x430
resolution and strongly compressed, but be careful because the file is still
about 20MB, large but much smaller than the original uncompressed file: 3.2
GB!
Location of the video: home page== time-lapse videos
I hope you enjoy
Clear skies

--
Daniele Gasparri
Perugia (Italy)

Old February 15th 07, 11:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
canopus56[_1_]

On Feb 15, 5:19 am, "Daniele Gasparri"
wrote:
Hi group; here is my latest (and hard) work: 12 hours north celestial pole
rotation video.

Daniele, your site shows some really gifted imaging. It was difficult
to find the rotation video in a lower level page. For others, a
direct link is:

http://www.danielegasparri.com/eng/time_lapse.htm

- Canopus56