Is life on Earth due to the laws of physics being uneven throughoutthe universe?

Old November 4th 11, 06:33 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Is life on Earth due to the laws of physics being uneven throughoutthe universe?

Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?
http://theconversation.edu.au/is-lif...f-physics-4153

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I – reported this week in
Physical Review Letters – could help explain why it was possible for
life (at least as we know it) to develop on Earth, but not in other
parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics, electomagnetism, is
not constant throughout the universe and may change depending on where
you are."
Old November 4th 11, 06:44 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Poutnik[_3_]

In article ,
says...

Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?
http://theconversation.edu.au/is-lif...f-physics-4153

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I ? reported this week in
Physical Review Letters ? could help explain why it was possible for
life (at least as we know it) to develop on Earth, but not in other
parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics, electomagnetism, is
not constant throughout the universe and may change depending on where
you are."

Different events for different circumstances
does not mean different laws.

Even different events for equal circumstances
does not mean different laws,
if stochasticity is involved.

But usually circumstances only seem to be equal.
--
Poutnik
Old November 4th 11, 10:01 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Nov 4, 2:33*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?http://theconversation.edu.au/is-lif...-quirk-in-the-...

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I reported this week in
Physical Review Letters could help explain why it was possible for
life (at least as we know it) to develop on Earth, but not in other
parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics, electomagnetism, is
not constant throughout the universe and may change depending on where
you are."

Universe created life so it could see itself. Without life no need for
universe. TreBert
Old November 4th 11, 03:10 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
dlzc

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Nov 3, 11:33*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?

snip link now broken by Google.Groups

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I – reported
this week in Physical Review Letters – could help explain
why it was possible for life (at least as we know it) to
develop on Earth, but not in other parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics,
electomagnetism, is not constant throughout the universe
and may change depending on where you are."

http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.0976
.... was the signal was less than the error bars at this time.

So what he purports results to show is that life could only develop on
planets heading "north". That the fine structure constant is uniform
over visible time, but slightly different in one direction, and the
opposite in the other.

David A. Smith
Old November 4th 11, 06:43 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Nov 4, 2:33*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?http://theconversation.edu.au/is-lif...-quirk-in-the-...

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I – reported this week in
Physical Review Letters – could help explain why it was possible for
life (at least as we know it) to develop on Earth, but not in other
parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics, electomagnetism, is
not constant throughout the universe and may change depending on where
you are."

Very bad that we relate all to Earth. We must relate one universe to
another. TreBert
Old November 4th 11, 11:25 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 04/11/2011 2:44 AM, Poutnik wrote:
Different events for different circumstances
does not mean different laws.

Even different events for equal circumstances
does not mean different laws,
if stochasticity is involved.

But usually circumstances only seem to be equal.

Although it was not really mentioned in this article what he was
specifically talking about (it was mainly a conversational article),
other articles have mentioned that this research group found a small
difference in the Fine Structure Constant across parts of the universe.
So the Fine Structure Constant is not so constant after all.

Yousuf Khan
Old November 5th 11, 03:36 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
eric gisse

Yousuf Khan wrote in
:

Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?
http://theconversation.edu.au/is-lif...uirk-in-the-la
ws-of-physics-4153

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I – reported this week in
Physical Review Letters – could help explain why it was possible for
life (at least as we know it) to develop on Earth, but not in other
parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics, electomagnetism,
is not constant throughout the universe and may change depending on
where you are."

Same ****ing Austrailian group as the last ten times they reported the same
thing. zzzz.
Old November 6th 11, 04:35 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 3, 11:33*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?http://theconversation.edu.au/is-lif...-quirk-in-the-...

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I – reported this week in
Physical Review Letters – could help explain why it was possible for
life (at least as we know it) to develop on Earth, but not in other
parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics, electomagnetism, is
not constant throughout the universe and may change depending on where
you are."

That might also explain why our physically dark and paramagnetic moon
as recorded on Kodak film as being a guano off-white or pastel-gray,
and why it wasn't the least bit UV reactive nor even gamma or X-ray
anti-cathode worthy for those Apollo missions.

http://translate.google.com/#
Old November 6th 11, 04:40 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 4, 3:01*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Nov 4, 2:33*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:

Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?http://theconversation.edu.au/is-lif...-quirk-in-the-...

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I reported this week in
Physical Review Letters could help explain why it was possible for
life (at least as we know it) to develop on Earth, but not in other
parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics, electomagnetism, is
not constant throughout the universe and may change depending on where
you are."

Universe created life so it could see itself. Without life no need for
universe. *TreBert

That's always a good way to look at it.

http://translate.google.com/#

Old November 6th 11, 04:43 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Nov 4, 11:43*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Nov 4, 2:33*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:

Is life on Earth due to a quirk in the laws of physics?http://theconversation.edu.au/is-lif...-quirk-in-the-...

"A radical discovery by my colleagues and I – reported this week in
Physical Review Letters – could help explain why it was possible for
life (at least as we know it) to develop on Earth, but not in other
parts of the universe.

It suggests one of the fundamental laws of physics, electomagnetism, is
not constant throughout the universe and may change depending on where
you are."

Very bad that we relate all to Earth. We must relate one universe to
another. TreBert

The laws of physics seem to be conditional, as well as socially/
politically correct.

According to our NASA/Apollo era, physics are even different while on
the moon.

http://translate.google.com/#

Laws of Physics Visual Purple Misc 1 June 28th 10 01:32 AM
Example of conversation on Physics laws. oldcoot[_2_] Misc 1 February 18th 09 05:47 PM
NATIONAL HOLIDAY OF TRUTH - Ed Conrad's Birthday -- NO INTELLIGENT LIFE ANYWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE, Certainly Not on Earth BradGuth History 29 May 7th 07 10:02 PM
Cost of launch and laws of physics Greg Kuperberg Policy 235 August 30th 03 10:20 PM
Solar sailing DOESN"T break laws of physics' Geoffrey A. Landis Policy 70 July 13th 03 01:00 AM